Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: I need a holiday...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:08 am 
Hawleytastic!

Holiday starts this Thursday - I am throwing a big party in a park in Dublin on the Friday everyone is welcome to come along :bigsmurf:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Counting down my last week at work before holiday, going to Greece again next Tuesday. Usually have to work the Saturday before I go on holiday but not this yesr, feels like I've got an extra 4 days holiday

Have been hankering for Cornwall this past week mind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

exapno mapcase wrote:
Counting down my last week at work before holiday, going to Greece again next Tuesday. Usually have to work the Saturday before I go on holiday but not this yesr, feels like I've got an extra 4 days holiday

Have been hankering for Cornwall this past week mind

I will take lots of lovely Cornwall pictures and put them up. Greece too hot for us pastey people – two gingers and two blondes in our house, with more freckles than should be genetically possible in humans. Hot would kill us all, in fact, today, here in the smoke, is too fecking warm for us. Armpits in face on tube weather. Totally unpleasant. Kids will be miserable, tetchy bastards, puffy and red, with heat rashes and sweat bumps. Tomorrow is a 31 degree bastard too. Moan, moan, moan....xxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:51 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Poppy Dog wrote:
Holiday starts this Thursday - I am throwing a big party in a park in Dublin on the Friday everyone is welcome to come along :bigsmurf:

I'm coming!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:00 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Snigger :*:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:08 am 
Hawleytastic!

Behave!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:55 am 
Hawleytastic!

It's like watching an episode of Fresh Meat with my children...x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I need a holiday to get over packing for my holiday. Life. Of. Drudge. x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:19 pm 
The Boss

Enough pants and socks for each day that's a thing I won't compromise on
Rock n roll everyday boots
Un-rock n roll walking boots
t-shirts X 4
shirts X 4
jeans X 4
Cut down old jeans to the knee as shorts in case actual sun appears
Some form of horrific beach footwear in case actual sun appears
jumper X 1
Rock n roll jacket
Un-rock n roll waterproof
Shades
Toiletries
Credit card

The end

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Mmmm. Packing for oneself. Interesting concept. My list would concur with your list, with addition of 2xbra and substitute dresses. However, I am packing for all of my wastrel bastards, plus first aid and food, as we are miles from civilisation, plus a whole box of drink, because we are miles from civilisation. Not to mention oil and water checks, camper cleaning in and out, bedding, towels, swimmers and surfboards. How you taunt me with your "the end". There is no end. Just bolloxy, drudgy, tedious, monotony. Then I get to drive a 2 tonne, 25 year old, German camper van 300 miles in the fucking dark, with no-one sharing the driving because some feckless git can't drive. And before you ask, I'm not talking about you, although my name is Helen, I'm not your wife, I happen to have one at home similarly vehicularly challenged.

But thanks for reminding me about the walking boots because I had forgotten them and would not fare well striding the cliffs up to the Minack in my flip flops.

And breathe... Xxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oh, and on the some form of horrific beachwear, my other half went to work in espadrilles this morning... should I worry? I am consoling myself that at least it wasn't crocs but worried about this sudden divergence in our paths... x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just in from doing a takk on the history of a local park and just two more days to navigate. Books take up much of my weight allowance on the plane. I concur with underwear rules, even for Greece where I stoop to shorts. The heat is different Helen because you get clearer sir, muggy is not present. i hide in the shade and the caves offer somewhere cooling. The evenings are beautiful. I may be restrained from following the noctural tunes as I fid last year to hear the old men singing and playing at their table on the feast of the assumption, beautiful music but I drank a kitre and a half of retsina on top of the days consumption and was ill in the night :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:35 pm 
The Boss

Ah yes I too alas cannot drive.....only people mental.....my similarly named bride has to handle all driving duties....although when you consider that I'll drift off at any random moment into song dreamland for hours at a time or study the flight of some hawk or Raven....it's probably the wisest move I ever made not being in control of tons of metal hurtling along at terrifying speed....and I apologise for my smugness but I try...these days at least....to keep everything simple....!

Espadrilles are the work of beelzibub himself as are crocs....I shudder to think of them.....truly truly horrendous

Have a great holiday folks..... Oh and midge candles are also good if your spending any time outdoors at night eating and drinking etc

Bon voyage

And that <*> :|

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I commiserate with your fantastically named wife and concur that, if you are away with the fairies, it's better not to drive. My other half actually has passed his test but is perfectly shit at driving. You know when the instructor says Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre? Well, he does do that but not necessarily in that order. After struggling by for years nearly dying on a regular basis, I started doing all the driving when we had children. Because it would be wrong for their father to accidently kill them, all for not really paying attention to the Highway Code.

I don't mind really, except for long journeys in the camper, when they're all giggling, playing cards and eating chocolate in the back and I'm on some shitty A-road in the dark, six hours into a 12-hour road trip. Then they are all bastards and better not talk to me, if they know what's good for any of them.

As for crocs and the other straw things, I find them over-familiar, rather like men taking their tops off on the Tube when it's hot. I am not their wife and I do not wish to see bits of their bodies that should be shown in a more intimate setting. The crocs thing exposes hairy toes, which are a 5 million per cent no-no for me, as well as the damn things possibly being the most inelegantly designed things known to man. I don't care if they're comfy, so is sitting in your own shit if it's warm. Unpleasant and if himself ever comes home in a pair, the deal's off.

Happy holidays to all and exapno, one day I'll tell you my retsina story, but not when decent people are listening. xxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:40 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I used to be terrible at packing, overestimating the amount of and kinds of stuff I thought I needed. What was I thinking? I've got it down to a science now. This may seem like a really small accomplishment, but if you could've seen my packing circus before. :*: Now all I do is, just take like five days worth of whatever and then wash it. And mini toiletries, I don't need as many shoes as I ever think, pick a color theme and stick to it, never have to change purses that way. And LAYERS!! And pajamas are for quitters. It only took me decades to figure that out! :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 48  Next