Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: I need a holiday...
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Cool, enjoyed seeing them...Bambi is funny.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:49 am 
Too much time on my hands

Just had two weeks in Croatia...Wow!!! Best country we have visited, the people are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. We drove from Pula in the north to Dubrovnik in the south. Dubrovnik is beautiful but very expensive, it turned out to be bottom of our list to visit as everywhere else is stunning with great restaurants. Not sure how this country got under the radar but already provisionally booked to go back next year :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Azores in three weeks. Looking forward to it but feeling the pull of a windy cliffside in Cornwall...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

A friend of mine in Cornwall now and I have been feeling the magnetic pull since May but am going to Greece a week on Wednesday so can't be grumpy about it. Will be relieved to finish work next Tuesday and to switch off from everything. Busy sorting out which five books to take.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:15 am 
Hawleytastic!

It's quite a pull though... never tire of how stunning it is.

I may manage a cheeky few days over the August BH...xx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:23 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Attempting to walk the Dales Way tomorrow and through next week. I may be some time....

Last edited by efsb on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

OK, so I knackered my achilles after 17 miles of the Dales Way, so I completed it via bus and taxi...

Approaching Cowgill
Linton
Lake Windermere
Bolton Abbey

Tomorrow I'm off to Broadstairs to play a couple of gigs at the Folk Festival.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:13 am 
The Boss

I've been flat on my back pretty much after the Scott Walker gig, I caught an old man with MS on crutches from falling down a flight of concrete stairs and pulled two vertebrae out and wrecked the ligaments in my lower back,I can only walk with a stick :roll: thank god it wasn't a disc, anyway the mighty Brendon Robertson, my GP and my beautiful wife have nearly got me sorted, three more chiro treatments and I just might make the flight on the 26th to a wonderful place I'm dreading not being able to go....the thought of all that time on me own :shock: fingers crossed folks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 am 
Newcomer

Mr. Richard , get well soon. I will listen your songs thinking about your healing.
Good summer for you Mr. Richard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just in case you need some motivation in getting better - I can send your number one fan around to aid your recovery :cyclopsani: :santa:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
I've been flat on my back pretty much after the Scott Walker gig, I caught an old man with MS on crutches from falling down a flight of concrete stairs and pulled two vertebrae out and wrecked the ligaments in my lower back,I can only walk with a stick :roll: thank god it wasn't a disc, anyway the mighty Brendon Robertson, my GP and my beautiful wife have nearly got me sorted, three more chiro treatments and I just might make the flight on the 26th to a wonderful place I'm dreading not being able to go....the thought of all that time on me own :shock: fingers crossed folks

I've been on crutches for 4 weeks (knee problems with arthritis) and this flare up started days before I was going on holiday so I was holding my breath I'd manage to go. Found out what it's like to take a wheelchair on a plane :roll:
Hope you get fixed!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:03 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

That was a lovely thing you did Richard. Get well soon, we all have everything crossed that you will be able to take your holiday. xx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:33 am 
Hawleytastic!

Just back from the Azores, which I would highly recommend. Like the Lake District but warm. Beautiful. Not as good a photographer as you Nick (your pictures are lovely) but here are a couple to give you an idea.

The only part that wasn't nice was the flying in to a tiny rock in the middle of the Atlantic on a propellor plane... gulp...

Get well soon H.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:17 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:

Get well soon Mr H - see you in Paris and Trafalgar Warehouse!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:07 am 
Hawleytastic!

Retirement is fantastic. As mentioned elsewhere I've been gadding about. Paris (For the 3 Ring Circus) Dusseldorf (for the Rolling Stones) Toronto (Love it) for Russell deCarle and Whitney Rose, Groningen for the TakeRoot Festival and Amsterdam for Jason Isbell etc. Then Dublin for the Josh Ritter double header at Vicar Street. This year I've also done a week's work in a school in Germany - the school that I set up an exchange with at my old school wanted me to come over and do some booster classes for their good kids - and so I did. Then there was New York and Springsteen. I'm going back to Germany twice in the next month - I said I'd help out the person taking over the exchange at my old school, so I'm going over with her and the students - but before that I've got a weekend in Munich to see the Mavericks again. Later in the year I'm playing (amongst other festivals) a festival at Raamsdonksveer in Holland and going as a punter to the Kilkenny Roots Festival. In June I'm going to work in Germany again, in-between taking my nieces to see Taylor Swift.

:) :) :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next