Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Gulet Cruise Turkey
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:23 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Been back nearly a week and still floating on air, best holiday I have ever been on. Can't work out how to post pics but have put some on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 35e8c670ff

Highly recommend it if you like sunbathing, reading, swimming, snorkelling, snoozing, eating and reading this is the hol for you. We hardly spent any money all week but the bar bill at the end of it made up for that!

Post subject: Re: Gulet Cruise Turkey
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Looking glam Kate. And happy. Looks fab. x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:00 pm 

Lovely photos Kate - you look really happy, brought back memories of the best holiday ever backpacking around Turkey in my younger days.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

And in a bikini! I haven't worn one of them since the long hot summer of 1977... x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:32 am 
Hawleytastic!

Bradford Lass wrote:
Been back nearly a week and still floating on air, best holiday I have ever been on. Can't work out how to post pics but have put some on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 35e8c670ff

Highly recommend it if you like sunbathing, reading, swimming, snorkelling, snoozing, eating and reading this is the hol for you. We hardly spent any money all week but the bar bill at the end of it made up for that!

Sounds great! Did you park up, so to speak, somewhere different everyday? Did you know other people
on the boat? I can imagine if you get a complete nob on the same boat as you, by the end of the week
you'd be ready to tip him overboard! Cabin fever? Was it calm? Sorry for all the questions but if you
don't ask........... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:58 am 
Hawleytastic!

We did one of these at the same time as Bradford Lass and it was one of the best holidays we've had. We had 16 passengers and four crew. The food was fab especially considering the size of the galley. We had a great crowd on board, aged from 26 - 70! We set off from Fethiye and ended up in Marmaris having visited a few places on the way, just mooring in picturesque bays overnight (so that you do all your drinking on board and hike up your bar bill!). Really chilled out bythe ended the week. Very gentle sailing but not a good idea if you are timid about swimming in deep water.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:53 pm 

Egg wrote:

Sounds great! Did you park up, so to speak, somewhere different everyday? Did you know other people
on the boat? I can imagine if you get a complete nob on the same boat as you, by the end of the week
you'd be ready to tip him overboard! Cabin fever? Was it calm? Sorry for all the questions but if you
don't ask........... :roll:

Sorry egg, not been on here for ages.
We did stop at plenty of different places and there were opprtunites to go ashore and explore. We got to know everyone on the boat, there were a couple we didn't take to but it is possible to avoid, you just sit at different end of the boat to them! Most we got on with hugely and still in touch with a fair few on fb. No cabin fever but it was very hot in the cabins at night, a lot of people slept on deck. The sea was calm and no one suffered from sickness. I'd love to go back and do another probably different part of Turkey next time. Food was fantastic and bar prices not outrageous.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Cheers BL. May look into this for later in the year. ..>