Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 am 
Hawley Groupie

I would like to hear some of these tracks. I read everyones comments and feel a bit thick. I have never downloaded anything, wouldn't know where to start and don't have a record player, so there would be no point in buying vinyl. How do I find them and what do I do? Please help a poor old technophobe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:28 am 
Site Admin

The early b-sides are all on the re-released first album (just titled Richard Hawley).

The download only releases are all on iTunes (may also be on Amazon).

Personally I find iTunes easier to use than Windows Media, particularly for creating playlists and burning back up copies of purchased downloads.

If you decide to download iTunes and buy them that way I can PM you details of how to create playlists and burn CD back ups.

Unreleased stuff is mostly available on here from the downloads thread, usually via megaupload. You click on the link in the post, megaupload asks you to type a code into a box, you probably then have to wait around 60 seconds before a download link appears. You then click that and save to your My Music folder.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:23 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Unreleased stuff is mostly available on here from the downloads thread, usually via megaupload. You click on the link in the post, megaupload asks you to type a code into a box, you probably then have to wait around 60 seconds before a download link appears. You then click that and save to your My Music folder.

Thank you for your help. I think I can sort out the itunes thing. Don't have facebook. But I'll do one thing at a time. I'll try the itunes downloads first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:05 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I saw that Serious ( not so serious)is to download...can someone tell me ...is this an outtake ? Why is it Not so serious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

jean wrote:
I saw that Serious ( not so serious)is to download...can someone tell me ...is this an outtake ? Why is it Not so serious?

Not sure Jean, but the video is very tongue in cheek, if you have not seen it its worth a gander. Directed by Shane Meadows ..>

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

It's a slower version of the song, suspect it was named that way to differentiate from the album version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:55 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

jean wrote:

As Denise says it is a slower version of the song, & I think, really nice. Incredible clarity (not that the original is lacking in clarity, you understand) & well worth having :thumleft:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Right - I will go and buy it on iTunes....and yes - the video is a cracker! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:00 am 
Hawleytastic!

I prefer play.com over iTunes. It covers pretty much everything I think...

http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Search ... 7bEP%7d%2b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I've always disliked the idea of paying to download music, but I see I'm going to have to start one of these days. I prefer to have something with a nice cover in my hands, and I'll pay for any vinyl or CD single, but if some songs are only available as downloads... :? Is there any possibility that all that stuff will be released on CD some day?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:12 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

:D Thank you very much Denise for the list. Very, very handy to have. Does anyone know where I can get that Q Mag compilation?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

Denisc wrote:
:D Thank you very much Denise for the list. Very, very handy to have. Does anyone know where I can get that Q Mag compilation?

e-bay I suspect. Some Candy Talking was the b-side for Hotel Room so not exclusive to that compilation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I bought 'Some Candy Talking' from Amazon the other day when I got 'Standing at the Sky's Edge'. There were a few tracks for sale that I have not got on B-sides.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:57 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Dawoodcock wrote:
Denisc wrote:

e-bay I suspect. Some Candy Talking was the b-side for Hotel Room so not exclusive to that compilation.

Thanks again Denise. I have a copy of the 7" single (number 915 out of 1000). Thought I would seek out the Q comp just to complete things :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:02 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I was trying to compile a list of Richard's official solo discography, so as to try to buy it all some day, and Denise's list has been of great help. But I've still got several doubts.

Dawoodcock wrote:
Dark Road/I’m Just Here to Get My Baby Out of Jail/Born Under a Bad Sign acoustic – Born Under a Bad Sign single b-sides

I've got the CD single with 'Dark Road' and video 'Just Like the Rain', and I know -through Wikipedia- that 'I’m Just Here to Get My Baby Out of Jail' is in the 7" vinyl, but I hadn't heard about the acoustic version of 'Born Under a Bad Sign'. Where is it?

Apart from that, like 'The Ocean', 'Born Under a Bad Sign' and 'Hotel Room' have single versions different from those in the album, havent' they? Does that happen for any other song?

Dawoodcock wrote:
The b-sides to the early singles were added to the re-released RH album

Is 'Baby's Back' also in the extended version of the mini album? I've got a track list from somewhere in the internet, and that song wasn't in it (I do have the extended version CD, but as soon as I bought it, I re-sold it to my mother so she could have a nice present for my next birthday, so I cannot check it until that day... Provided she remembers she's got it!).

As for the 'Open Up Your Door' digital download, are the three versions different from those previously released?

And just another question, about 'Don't Take My Rockabilly Radio Away'. I know it belongs to an OST, but in the vinyl single, is it an A side or a B side? Has it something to do with the song in the 'Lady's Bridge' EP? The same for the 'Silent Night' single, did it have a B side?