Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:52 pm 
Regular

If a thread on this particular video has been posted before - and the likelihood is that it has - my bad, but Hotel Room is possibly the most evocative song I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.

This video captures a little of that imagery RH's slide guitar conjures. The beachscape, the blue horizon, the carefree day. The promenade ain't there, the donkeys aren't braying and there's no rock on sale but it's damn close.

Yes, yes, cheesy peas and jumpers for goalposts but my, how wonderful it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLANelrK4D8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:56 pm 
I need a life

I felt in love with Richard Hawley with 'Can You Hear the Rain Love' that was the first Hawley song i've ever heard......but 'Hotel Room' is my favourite....i think it's timeless, beautiful with no comparisons...every time i listen to the song it make me smile....i really love it and the first time i heard it live with the mirror ball (?) was fantastic...............

this video is very nice, i already seen it and i like it very much....also because two years ago when i was a waiter in a a very beautiful 4 stars hotel on the sea in Camogli i usually put Coles Corner and Lady's Bridge on the stero during the dinner time that was served (and still is, of course) in a beautiful terrace on the sea, it was really magic....the maitre also felt in love with Richard's music....great! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:51 am 
Regular

You called it right. I'm not here to blow wind up RH's arse but appreciate his work and tell of the joy his music has given me. Hope RH never stops searching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 pm 
The Boss

can someone help me find me glasses?i know put em down here somewhere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

johnf wrote:
If a thread on this particular video has been posted before - and the likelihood is that it has - my bad, but Hotel Room is possibly the most evocative song I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.

This video captures a little of that imagery RH's slide guitar conjures. The beachscape, the blue horizon, the carefree day. The promenade ain't there, the donkeys aren't braying and there's no rock on sale but it's damn close.

Yes, yes, cheesy peas and jumpers for goalposts but my, how wonderful it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLANelrK4D8

Well I have said it a few times before .... :) .....but I love repeating it ... :) ....HOTEL ROOM is the first song I ever heard of Richard's............... it really kind of fitted in with what I was going through at that time.............I just love it and it is my favourite.............I agree John........it is evocative.............and love the video......... 8) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:02 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
can someone help me find me glasses?i know put em down here somewhere

Have you looked under those papers over there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:36 pm 
Regular

They're in the last place you left them. Only mothers can get away with that line.