Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Lady's Bridge lyrics
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:55 pm 
Newcomer

Hi everybody; I've been snooping the forum for some time now, and I haven't found Lady's Bridge (the album) full lyrics. Neither couldn't find them online; could some good soul be so kind to upload them, specially those of "The Sea calls" , "I'm looking for someone to find me" & "The sun refused to shine", Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

I thought the lyrics were printed in the booklet with the album. Did you buy the songs as a download rather than a CD?

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:37 pm 
The Boss

the lyrics are on the Cd this is the problem with downloading music you don't get any info,i was talking to David Coulter who told me a mate of his said"you have to hear the new Hawley album its got a wicked saw player"david replied"you downloaded it didn't you?"his mate replied"how did you know?"david said"cos i played the fuckin saw on it you c**t"......... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:20 pm 
Newcomer

Yes, I must admit I downloaded it but I don't feel sorry. Probably without internet I'd have never known about your music and enjoy your concerts. Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:09 am 
Regular

icer wrote:
Yes, I must admit I downloaded it but I don't feel sorry. Probably without internet I'd have never known about your music and enjoy your concerts. Cheers!

yes a double edged sword. artists may be losing out on revenue through downloads but as icer says they are getting a lot of free exposure on line.i have been to see lots of bands live due to on line sites and downloads promoting new and exciting new bands. think the net is the most vibrant thing that has happened to music since the punk days

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I get what you mean Tom Joad, but don't you remember those heady days of buying NME and Sounds, and the excitement of reading about a new up and coming band, then going out and buying the LP.... or just listening to John Peel on your little radio in your bedroom and thinking you were part of something new and exciting?? or perhaps you're just not as old as me...... :oops: I guess I'm still an old fashioned girl at heart and I like reading lyrics and looking at the sleeves , even on the CD's... Richard's are always good, my particular fave is Coles corner...My daughter Jude, who's 12, always tends to buy the CD too for the very same reason. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

Most bands give away one song from their next album, and preview it on My Space so you can get the flavour of the sound without using an illicit download site.

But we've discussed the good and bad about free downloading before so probably not worth going into it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:40 am 
Regular

But we've discussed the good and bad about free downloading before so probably not worth going into it again

yes agree with all that has been said,but this is a big subject. we tend to think that how things are at the moment will always be so.experience tells you that with the ever changing face of technology the way we listen and interact with music will be vastly different for future generations. this is an exciting time for music and the arts,a chance to see and hear new and innovative works through the click of a button...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:38 am 
Hawleytastic!

True tom joad - over past months / years I've listened to loads of bands recommended by folks from this MB and others via myspace - and then gone on to see them live and buy their CD's.

But as ladyblue stated I too am old fashioned and to that end am looking to but a record deck for future vinyl purchases - it's a case of back to the future for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Okay - my viewpoint comes from managing an artist.

Artists make albums firstly to share their music with others and hope people will like it. But secondly they do it to make money. They need money to feed their family, pay the group, have funds to arrange for tours. And most of all they need to make some money in order to make another album.

So on the assumption that you are obtaining the music because you like it, and therefore would like to hear more from that artist, bloody well buy the album so they can continue to make more music.

I do download but only download advance copies of albums I buy on release. I will download a track an artist is giving away free so I can give it fair listen and decide if I like it and I find their My Space site or web site and play their songs.

I agree that things are different now in some ways, but the crux of it is that the artist spends money to make that music. Professional studio time is not cheap and most artists still do use studios, if the artist is solo they need to employ musicians who need paying. If you go on tour you have to hire those musicians and pay them, you need to hire equipment, you need to book hotels, you need to pay up front for merchandise to sell at the gigs and you need to advertise.

And you expect to get something back from all of that.

If you are lucky you have a big record company to pay advances to ensure everything happens but not every artist has that luxury these days.

Not sure what is now going to happen with this latest rushed through parliament thing about online stuff. I'd hate to see the genuine free downloads from groups disappear and the sites that offer live stuff - I fully support the live downloading to avoid fans being ripped off by bootleggers, but not the free downloading of properly released albums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Here's the link to the previous thread where we discussed it so I think if there's more to add we should take it there.

http://richardhawleyforum.co.uk/viewtop ... ht=#260170

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:38 pm 
I need a life

i dont have much to add to the file sharing debate... I feel its all been said really- I for one have never illegally downloaded anything... I have from itunes though, and I think its great when a pdf booklet is included so you can still get the information- especially if the CD isnt available in your area and you just want to listen to it soon and not wait til you get a chance to go somewhere else or wait for shipping

The trick i guess is to make the album as a product desirable rather than just the tracks- things like the new itunes lp are well on the track...

in closing, people will always find a way to steal or get things they want for free... they steal food, clothes, tvs from our houses, dogs... and music is even easier to steal and a very open activity

spose i did have a bit to add...