Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:09 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

I'd like to amend an earlier comment that i wasnt keen on seek it. It grew on me. Still has SOMETHING in the melody that is doing my head in though. Like a 70s coke advert or something.... I have now bought copies of this album for other people because I felt they need to hear it.

and the second half of 'don't stare at the sun' is a boss track for driving round Irish country roads.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

US album release has been confirmed as the following:

June 12 – digital (i.e. out now) http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/standi ... d517177744

Aug 28 - CD / LP

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:12 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Listening to the album in the car today... I was struck by the balance of the more modern sound and the 'Hawleyness' of it. Pulls it off brilliantly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ok, after weeks of due consideration, my faves are Before and The Wood Colliers Grave. Top volume, looking out over the river, at Canning Town Tube station, on the way to another day of shitty drudge, just the job. x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:52 am 
Hawleytastic!

Changed my mind. Don't Stare At The Sun is my favourite. Isn't that the way it is? Ask me what my favourite Stevie song is, or Neil Young, or weller or Gil and I change my mind every day. Is it a sign of being fickle? x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:11 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Quote:
. Is it a sign of being fickle?
Quote:
its a sign of getting old luv !! only joking of course, my faves are Time will bring you winter.. leave your body behind your.... seek it.. staring at the sun.. oh I don't know i'm practically listing the whole album (album?...now who's getting old.. :cry: )
its all bloody good !! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:58 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Kept changing my mind too ladies, absolutely love them all, but have to say I am now decided my favourite is definitely 'She Brings the Sunlight'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:42 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Today's favourite is "Don't Stare at the Sun". 8) <*> Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

My absolute favourite is 'Don't Stare At The Sun'
Widnes Boy, I know exactly what you mean about "Seek It"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:45 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
loftyeric2 wrote:
I was wondering if there's any way we could see the lyrics to the new album. It's probably my ill tuned ears, but some of them are eluding me :oops:

once the website is fully up and running i am thinking of putting the lyrics to all me songs on there not sure though

What happened with this idea? Are you still thinking of putting the lyrics on your web site? I've had lunch today with one of my cousins, to whom I gave 'Standing at the Sky's Edge' as a birthday present last month, and we were discussing what we thought each of the songs was about, when he asked me whether I had any idea what happened to the 'lady with tiny hands' in 'Seek It'. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:18 am 
Regular poster

adore seek it and before because to me they are quintessentially hawley, and why i fell in love with his music in the first place, lyrics like " eyes blinded by love" just so beautiful !! also rather divine pictures of his hawleyness in yesterdays times !! llllLOOKING great despite broken leg ! stylish as ever!
:oops: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:34 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Colombo wrote:
Richard Hawley wrote:
loftyeric2 wrote:
I was wondering if there's any way we could see the lyrics to the new album. It's probably my ill tuned ears, but some of them are eluding me :oops:

once the website is fully up and running i am thinking of putting the lyrics to all me songs on there not sure though

What happened with this idea? Are you still thinking of putting the lyrics on your web site? I've had lunch today with one of my cousins, to whom I gave 'Standing at the Sky's Edge' as a birthday present last month, and we were discussing what we thought each of the songs was about, when he asked me whether I had any idea what happened to the 'lady with tiny hands' in 'Seek It'. :roll:

I was letting my imagination run away over this very subject & thought how good a 'complete works' book would be. Maybe a limited edition, produced on the same lines as the Singles Club discs. Real nice traditional design. What a lovely thing to own. :study:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:39 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I'd buy myself one of those. Only that it should be 'Complete Works, Part One'. There's no limit as to the number of volumes. I wouldn't mind a collection of stylish smaller books, one for each album and its corresponding singles, with lyrics, photographs, gear list, anecdotes and all kind of information regarding it. I don't know whether it would make sense finantially, though; I've seen limited edition luxury editions of some books at astronomic prices, but I don't know whether that's out of necessity, or of snobbery.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 am 
Regular

I really hate the new album and it makes me really sad that I feel this way.

I love everything before it but I can't see it as anything other than highly slick dad rock. The instruments all do what they are told and more but the lyrics are horrible.

It puts me off going to future live shows.

I kept this to my self when it came out but I realised today that I have not listened to any Hawley at all for almost three months due to the disappointment.

I questioned my love of the music and the previous lyricism but today I saw my Hawley playlist and realised I needed to make two mental categories - then and now.

This is whole post is overly negative and very much a symptom of the internet and all its unflattering points but I needed to get it off my chest.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Mr Peach wrote:
I really hate the new album and it makes me really sad that I feel this way.

I love everything before it but I can't see it as anything other than highly slick dad rock. The instruments all do what they are told and more but the lyrics are horrible.

It puts me off going to future live shows.

I kept this to my self when it came out but I realised today that I have not listened to any Hawley at all for almost three months due to the disappointment.

I questioned my love of the music and the previous lyricism but today I saw my Hawley playlist and realised I needed to make two mental categories - then and now.

This is whole post is overly negative and very much a symptom of the internet and all its unflattering points but I needed to get it off my chest.

Ballsy! ..>

Heard 1969 by The Stooges on 6 Music the other day, only half listening but thought they were playing
'Down in the Woods' at first! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next