Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Our first wedding dance
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:28 pm 
Newcomer

Richard

We cannot wait to see you in Sheffield tomorrow night.

Me and my fiancée Jo are getting married in September. We fell in love against a soundtrack of your music, and have been lucky enough to see you twice since, in Leeds and at Latitude.

We're torn between Tonight the Streets and Hotel Room as a first dance. I know it's ultimately our decision but can you give us a steer, something that will tip us one way or the other?

David

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:28 am 
The Boss

Love of my life........by me....it you insist it being me.........there are a zillion far better alternatives........followed by Get it on by T-Rex............with the emphasis on the getting it on............for the rest of your lives........cheered on by all you love and are loved by...........sounds f"""n ace.....i love weddings me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:30 am 
Newcomer

Sound advice... and thanks for the reply :D

We're going to decide for sure after tonight. See you in the big tent - for me, a birthday I'll never forget!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:41 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I went to the wedding of my friends Joe and Laura yesterday. I knew they were Hawley fans as we went to the Graves Park concert together, but it was a lovely surprise last night when it turned out that their first dance was to "Serious" by Mr Hawley 8) Over the years I've heard many different Hawley songs suggested for a first dance, but never Serious - it was perfect though! The perfect lyrics and the jaunty tune got everyone on the dancefloor very quickly :D

Just thought you'd like to know Richard that yet another couple have celebrated their marriage with your music ..>

Dave

P.S. The reception was held at the Millennium Galleries in Sheffield which I can highly recommend as a venue :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:50 pm 
The Boss

Aw.....bless em

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:43 pm 
Newcomer

Well, thanks to the tip, we went for Serious in the end too. It was the perfect choice - the handful of Hawleyites went ballistic, the uncles assumed it was a lost gem from the 50s, and everyone else couldn't resist it. The band had offered to try and learn it, but we gave them a polite 'no'... The original or not at all.

A perfect start to married life.

Thanks Richard.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:36 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Have a wonderful, happy life together.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:54 am 
Newcomer

We get married in Poland in June and are having 'Love of my Life' as our first song.
I don't know if the Polish guests will understand the lyrics but its the least of my current upcoming worries!
I wanted something heartfelt, beautiful and most importantly due to my lack of dancing ability/rhythym less that 4 mins long.
Don't suppose there is a sneaky 30 second long remix Im unaware of?