Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:52 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Hi Mr. H,

I've been listening to the new vinyl's tonight, and was wondering, do you ever wonder about re working any of your other songs in the back catalogue with different arrangements, like you did with run for me v2 in the singles club release? I suppose the other side to that coin is, do you have any originally recorded fully realised arrangements in the vault that are quite different to what eventually got released, and if so what's your favourite?

I often think I'd love to hear no way home with the full band live, with a big yet subtle arrangement. The original is great like, but a fleshed out version combined with the powerful lyrics would be properly amazing I reckon. Big love to you and yours 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:44 am 
The Boss

Not really mate,I don't look back at all,the other version of Run for Me is actually the same version minus the drums,bass and a shit load of guitars,Col was checking the relative levels of the strings as I remember and it sounded so ace that we put a version down like that,I had to listen to the old lps when they were being remastered and it was nice to hear them again but I am always looking in front of me for the next song it's just the way it is ta for your kind words ..>

Oh and yes there's loads of stuff in the vaults,some finished some half done