Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:39 pm 
The Boss

well looking good doesn't raise them above"utter fucking meaningless shitty bollocks with all the depth of an after 8 mint wrapper"..........does it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:20 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Thanks Boss, at least someone else likes it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

ehh, i don't think he was agreeing with you.

Who gives a fuck about looks and all that bollocks, if you do then you are probably either a record company exec or one of those cunts who buys into xfactor and all that other bollocks, vermin either way. Style over substance is all, switch your mind off happy days. personally I have lots of records made by people who i don't know what they look like. take Daniel Johnston.. he's written one of my all time favourite songs , True Love Will Find You In the End not to mention some other great songs, I'd rather listen to him any day of the week..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:27 pm 
Original Hippy

"Artists" that make a huge effort to look good tend to be doing it to cover up the crapness of their music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:01 pm 
The Boss

well i don't entirely agree with that statement but i was certainly not agreeing with Ricky,soz mate that music is just bollocks....the end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:03 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Yes I gathered Richard is not keen, but I only raised it as I am not normally drawn to anything like this, I dislike x factor as much as the next man, but, if a record does it for me I don't care where it came from or what the people look like, I maintain, it's a cracking pop single, the fact they they look great doesn't mean a thing because I never cared for any of their other releases. The look is the icing on the cake. With Elvis, imagine the impact in the 50s, you hear the great records first, you are drawn in, then you check the look, it's the complete package, but for me the music always comes first...the look is the icing on the cake.

Dare I say there is some inverted snobbery, if this was by the Jackson sisters, Repirata and the Delrons or turned up on an obscure Northern Soul record would it be hammered the same.........ducks for cover................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:05 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I was just commenting that I think they look good in that video, wasn't saying that the way they look maes them better or worse or makes me like or dislike them. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:16 am 
Too much time on my hands

'Call the Shots' is the one that stands out for me. With GA, it depends who's doing their songwriting. I think pop can be more shallow, that's part of it's appeal. (Although some pop songs are just shallow and shite.) It's about feeling good, and the best pop songs don't have to have deep lyrics, although some do. Have found myself liking one or two Rihanna ones, too. I think it's good to have an eclectic taste, as long as you can tell the difference in quality.