Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rolling Stones
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 pm 
Too much time on my hands

£106.00 for the cheapest ticket up in the gods at the O2 in November, £400.00 plus for a floor seat, £11.00 fees per ticket. Are they skint? What a bunch of shithouses!!

Post subject: Re: Rolling Stones
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yep.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:07 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Disgraceful! Just taking the pee out of their fans - don't deserve any.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

such an amazing band back in their day and they have left some great legacy in terms of music but there is no such band as The Rolling Stones now just a business and yes this sucks, real pisstake. I saw them back in 2003, not all that great at all, you'd have to think anyone paying that money is either rich, stupid or both.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Level 1 premium seating, normally 70 quid ish........£950!! Sold out both nights!! WTF! :shock:

I quite fancied this, just for the reason of "bucket list" but there are limits......shit! :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:03 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Get really fookin' leathered - put your TV at the bottom of the back yard / garden - have a few mates stand in front of you - talking all the time / taking photos with their moby's / walk backwards and forwards to your lavvie - then play a Stones DVD through the TV....

£400 saved - spend it on going see some real music put on by our Craig - sorted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:15 am 
Site Admin

Egg wrote:
Level 1 premium seating, normally 70 quid ish........£950!! Sold out both nights!! WTF! :shock:

I quite fancied this, just for the reason of "bucket list" but there are limits......shit! :?

When I saw them back in 2003 it was just kind of ... yeah I'd love to get to see the Stones because I was and am a huge fan of them in the early years and their peak which in my view would be '68-'73. I know of no band that had the consistency over that period in terms of the quality of albums they made... Let It Bleed.. Sticky Fingers.. Exile On Main St.. Goat's Head Soup all on the trot. What came before was brilliant in a different sort of way, so was a good deal after but they have somewhat shat on their own image in my view in the intervening years not so much in the mediocrity of their music but stunts like this, they don't have any regard for their audience on any coherent level it just seems like a souless bean counters set up .... Rolling Stones Inc.

On the other hand I am re reading Keith Richard's biography again which is such a good read and value for money plus some at the very least. Shows them in a different era when things and people mattered.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Having thought about it, for £950 each, we could go to see Hawley in New York for the weekend,
Including flights and hotel! :Hoorah

Any NYC dates on the horizon? <*>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:59 am 
Waitrose Warrior

John Lennon called them "The Strolling Bones" - and that was even in the 70s!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I was going to go, my best mate and I are big fans, but not prepared to pay those prices in the middle of a recession when we are both a bit skint. We went in '07, and they put on a good show, but it wasn't that great.

They've forgotten who got them to this 50 year anniversary; the fans. They used to be counterculture. All the stones are now is a brand. Jagger is worth 200 million, does he really need any more money? To sit in the 'tongue pit' at the very front, you have to buy a vip package for 1100 quid. 1100 QUID??!! If they do a 2 hour set (which is a generous estimate), that's around 9 quid a minute, for a 70 year old man to wiggle his arse in your face.

I have to say, this has put me off them, and stuff like this in the last ten years or so is tarnishing their reputation. People should have boycotted these shows, but then the majority of people there won't be real stones 'fans', the vast majority will be London city types who've got money to burn, corporate take up, and showbiz types going for free (Chris Evans springs to mind). I personally think another free gig in Hyde Park like '69 would have been nice, to say thanks to the fans, they could even have got Mick Taylor in again for it, would have tied things up nicely. Greedy shower of b@stards.