Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 ... 279  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 am 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:34 am
Posts: 19
Location: Sheffield
After a quiet summer without going to any gigs, we've got quite a few coming up. As well as hubby's band playing this Friday and the next few Fridays, we are going to...
Broken Whitt Rebels @ The Rocking Chair in Sheffield (never been there before)
3 Ring Circus in Sheffield
Michael Kiwanku @ The Leadmill
The Specials in Sheffield
Motorheadace in Sheffield- supported by our friends The Lost Days
Plain Shame, another local group
69-75 at Greystones
Think we'all need a rest after that!
Notice everything is in Sheffield? That's cos we have 2 bulldogs waiting for us at home and they have us trained well so we don't leave em too long :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:53 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:07 am
Posts: 2417
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
A few coming up for me:

Three Ring Circus - RH/JG & BR-J at Trafalgar Warehouse
The Triffids in Islington
RH in Sheffield
Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets Holiday Revue in London
The Stray Birds in Stafford
Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons in Manchester (next year that one)
Ian McNabb - Biddulph
Rob Heron & the Teapad Orchestra - Biddulph
Emily Barker - Biddulph

_________________
Laissez les bon temps roulez, duck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:12 am 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:10 pm
Posts: 4414
Location: Cheshire
Last Richard Hawley Fibbers York September 17th

Next Bendith Sacred Trinity Church Salford October 6th



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:47 pm 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:23 am
Posts: 238
Location: downwind of the mecca that's Hendos
Last gig - Mr H and Shez at Northern Skies festival

Next "gig" - if it qualifies as that - is Terry Waite at a Justice Talks event - should be fascinating to hear him speak about his experiences.

Then (shades of the show Mr H did at Magna) - The 1975 playing with the BBC Philharmonic orchestra in Blackpool Tower Ballroom, which is the closing show of a month of Radio 1 Live Lounge events. (Am tagging along to this with mini-me but really looking forward to feeling the sheer physical force of an orchestra again).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:43 am 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 4:58 pm
Posts: 478
Location: Milwaukee: Midwest represent.
Postmodern Jukebox Halloween dress-up show!

_________________
Trying not to fuck shit up, since 1969


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:23 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:07 am
Posts: 2417
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Myra wrote:
Postmodern Jukebox Halloween dress-up show!


I use them to explain what Postmodernism is to my Media Studies students...

_________________
Laissez les bon temps roulez, duck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:09 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:07 am
Posts: 2417
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Snuck in a couple more local gigs before the Three Ring Circus:

We (Elvis Fontenot) played at Leek Blues and Americana Festival in North Staffs on Saturday - a couple of my friends, Graham Dawson and Chris Dean played after us at the rudely named Cock Inn.

Image

Then, on the Sunday, Cajun & Zydeco friends of ours, Rough Chowder - from down south - played outside at the same venue - very good they were too.

Image

_________________
Laissez les bon temps roulez, duck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:51 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:07 am
Posts: 2417
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
..and now I've got a ticket for John Prine in Manchester :)

_________________
Laissez les bon temps roulez, duck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:22 am 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:10 pm
Posts: 4414
Location: Cheshire
Last Bendith Sacred Trinity Church Salford October 6th

Next Three Ring Circus Sheffield October 8th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:17 pm 
Offline
Too much time on my hands

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:25 am
Posts: 594
Location: Treacle Bumpstead
Jean Michelle Jarre last night at the 02 in London. Didn't fancy it, dislike the venue because it's to difficult to get too, parking £31, beer £5.50, food very expensive....why put myself through it?
Turned out to be fantatstic with an amazing light show, got free parking! Money off food and drink in the 02 Blue Lounge......It was brill :D
If your with 02 on your mobile just download their 02 priority app..It saved us a fortune and all the 02 people were very nice to us.
Gutted not in Sheff tonight, hope you all have a great time ..>


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 pm 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 4:58 pm
Posts: 478
Location: Milwaukee: Midwest represent.
efsb wrote:
Myra wrote:
Postmodern Jukebox Halloween dress-up show!


I use them to explain what Postmodernism is to my Media Studies students...


Haha, that works! :*:

I'm really happy for them because the word is spreading and they're getting to play bigger venues, but I'm also a little bummed because when I saw them last Halloween it was in this wonderful shabby old hall, and there were little cocktail tables with little lamps, you know, everything looked like the 1920s, loads of room on the dance floor and you had freedom to move about. I really dug that. This time it's in a large venue with seats and no room to dance and it'll be kind of strange, but they're so good I don't want to miss them. :-) They are getting to charge a lot more for tickets as well, which again, seriously good for them, but ouch! :-)

_________________
Trying not to fuck shit up, since 1969


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:39 pm 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 4:58 pm
Posts: 478
Location: Milwaukee: Midwest represent.
It's not till next April, but I will be lucky enough to get to see Brian Wilson playing Pet Sounds! I missed all those Pet Sounds shows (including Riot Fest this summer, dammit, which also meant I was unable to behold the bizarre majesty of the Misfits reunion), but he added on some more dates so that's fantastic!
:Hoorah

_________________
Trying not to fuck shit up, since 1969


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:04 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:07 am
Posts: 2417
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Myra wrote:
It's not till next April, but I will be lucky enough to get to see Brian Wilson playing Pet Sounds! I missed all those Pet Sounds shows (including Riot Fest this summer, dammit, which also meant I was unable to behold the bizarre majesty of the Misfits reunion), but he added on some more dates so that's fantastic!
:Hoorah


He's still great - or at least his band is great and he's there being Brian :)

_________________
Laissez les bon temps roulez, duck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:13 pm 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 4:58 pm
Posts: 478
Location: Milwaukee: Midwest represent.
efsb wrote:
Myra wrote:
It's not till next April, but I will be lucky enough to get to see Brian Wilson playing Pet Sounds! I missed all those Pet Sounds shows (including Riot Fest this summer, dammit, which also meant I was unable to behold the bizarre majesty of the Misfits reunion), but he added on some more dates so that's fantastic!
:Hoorah


He's still great - or at least his band is great and he's there being Brian :)


Right?! He could just be sitting there reading a book and I would so go watch that, if just to be in the same room.

_________________
Trying not to fuck shit up, since 1969


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:23 pm 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 4:58 pm
Posts: 478
Location: Milwaukee: Midwest represent.
Myra wrote:
efsb wrote:
Myra wrote:
It's not till next April, but I will be lucky enough to get to see Brian Wilson playing Pet Sounds! I missed all those Pet Sounds shows (including Riot Fest this summer, dammit, which also meant I was unable to behold the bizarre majesty of the Misfits reunion), but he added on some more dates so that's fantastic!
:Hoorah


He's still great - or at least his band is great and he's there being Brian :)


Right?! He could just be sitting there reading a book and I would so go watch that, if just to be in the same room.


Oh my gawd, 12th row center, muthafuckas!! Just got the tickets like two seconds after they went on sale, it's sold out now! Husband and I gave this to ourselves as our Christmas present. <*> (*)

_________________
Trying not to fuck shit up, since 1969


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 ... 279  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group