Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:15 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

I've really enjoyed Euro 2008...........and it's been great not having to read and hear about the 'wags' and how much one of them has spent on a diamond encrusted thong.........................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Eoin wrote:
btw, they are :wink:

the only reasoning somone might support Italy is because ..

1) You are Italian (which is fair enough)

2) You find watching grown men act like a shower of pussies exciting eh, men who spend more time trying to exploite the weekness of the referee by diving, fouling and doing everything possible to win the game except trying to do so by using their supposed football ability. So all that kind of qualifies my above statment, like I say a victory for Spain is a victory for football ! :thumright:

Well I am half Italian, and would be supporting England too, if they were there. :wink:

I thought the Italians and Spanish were evenly matched in the diving event. :roll: Should I admit they do stifle the game somewhat?

No, I won't mention it. :?

beeshette wrote:
I've really enjoyed Euro 2008...........and it's been great not having to read and hear about the 'wags' and how much one of them has spent on a diamond encrusted thong.........................

I had not noticed they were missing, but you are right. Why do the press think we are interested in them. It is the football that counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:37 am 
Hawleytastic!

Eoin wrote:
and its a big goodbye to those cheating cunts Italy, a victory for Spain and hense a victory for all those who admire good football and are interested in football as how it should be played.

Yes Italy were poor but for fucks sake, as soon as Spain came against a good defence they were shite and didn't know how to break it down. In the earlier games Spain committed men into the box on every attack, they chickened against Italy and as for cheating...well Spain were as dirty as fuck as well. If Del Piero and Camaranesi had been on earlier I think it might have been a lot different.

I have an emotional attachment to Italy that stems from the 70s and 80s and I'm not going to change now. Always been my default after Ireland, Scotland and when they ever qualify for anything England disappear. So Eoin your arguments for why anyone could possibly support Italy only work if everything is based on rational judgement. I quite irrationally got stuck on Itally years ago and that's that.

So Russia for me now. Always have a soft spot for all the old Eastern Bloc countries (though never liked East Germany I don't know why) and they are plaing with no fear, Arse Shavings (what a fantastic name not) was still going for another goal in the final minute of added time after extra time.

This has been a very good tournament with most of the games being open and teams trying to win. Pissed me off that all the adverts were basically saying why watch football if England aren't playing. Some of us still love football for what it is and can be and can appreciate football regardless of having a team to follow. We were deprived of watching the 1984 tournanment when the greatest French team played their best football because stupid smug Anglo centric tv/football authorities didn't think anyone would care. It's been great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:04 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Has everyone made their final transfers in the Hawley Board league? Down to the last 4 teams now. It's fairly close in our mini-league...Will the vicasrknickers maintain their lead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:48 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Final transfers after tonight's match ... it still feels sooooo wrong supporting Germany but no choice really :D Hope I haven't spoken too soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm not saying another word :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:15 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Surprise, surprise, the Germans did it again. What is it about that team? They always grind out the results...it's so annoying!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:34 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

They have strong determination....I should know I lived with one for 4 years!
I really want Russia to get through to the final..............................and thrash Germany...........................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:25 pm 
The Boss

it'll be like Stalingrad all over again...i would be happy with Russia or spain to win but not germany just because that would be really boring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Germans are just so bloomin jammy - they do it every time!! Anyway, at least the match wasn't boring - espcially when the picture kept going off - how frustrating was that :( I don't know how people cope with just listening to the radio commentary, you can hear all the crowd noise in the background so you know whether a goal's gone in or not before the commentator's say anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:51 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Crackin game tonight - really pleased that Spain won ... roll on Sunday!! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:29 pm 
The Boss

yes me and my sons really enjoyed it Spain are awesome i think they can crack the german code

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
Spain are awesome i think they can crack the german code

Da wäre ich mir mal nicht so sicher, altes Haus! :wink:

http://soundcloud.com/the-sellers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:00 pm 
The Boss

mm shame i can't though :eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:23 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I hope Spain will be champion.
I'm a fan of Arsenal and I like Francesc Fabregas :D .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next