Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Not sure about this one - and haven't heard of any of the people "guesting" either! :? .............

Elvis set for album chart return

LeAnn Rimes will sing Here Comes Santa Claus with Elvis Presley
The King of Rock 'n' Roll is bringing out a new album later this year - despite being dead for over 30 years.

New technology will be used to produce Elvis Presley Christmas Duets, featuring country stars LeAnn Rimes and Carrie Underwood, among others.

The late singer's ex-wife Priscilla said: "I am sure Elvis would be proud to have worked with them."

Presley's 1957 Elvis Christmas album became the top-selling holiday release of all time in the US.

The new album will also feature Martina McBride, Gretchen Wilson, Wynonna Judd, Sara Evans, Amy Grant and Anne Murray.

Gospel quartet, The Jordanaires, who used to work with Presley have been brought back to re-record their parts.

"It's amazing what they can do," the group's Gordon Stoker said, "Elvis sounds great. The recordings sound as if they were done yesterday."

Tracks on the album include Blue Christmas, Here Comes Santa Claus, Merry Christmas Baby, White Christmas and I'll Be Home for Christmas.

Sony BMG is releasing the disc in partnership with Elvis Presley Enterprises Inc.

Their President, John Ingrassia, said: "This is an excellent example of the innovative ways in which we keep Elvis' catalogue fresh for new and existing fans."

Jean Donovan, from New Hampshire, who writes a Presley newsletter for fans, said she would not judge the songs without hearing them first.

But she added: "I don't really like fooling around with things like that. All the Elvis recordings are so good. It kind of bothers me."

Elvis Presley Christmas Duets is due out 14 October.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:41 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Feel free to send copys to your worst enemy -slow and painful death garanteed.

Otherwise avoid this evil shite at all cost.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:22 pm 
The Baroness wrote:
Sony BMG is releasing the disc in partnership with Elvis Presley Enterprises Inc.

Their President, John Ingrassia, said: "This is an excellent example of the innovative ways in which we can keep milking the Elvis cash cow"

Is what i'm sure he meant...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

You're so right! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:00 pm 
The Boss

FUCK.......RIGHT..........OFF YOU CORPORATE EVIL BASTARDS THAT IS TRULY SICK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:

Their President, John Ingrassia, said: "This is an excellent example of the innovative ways in which we keep Elvis' catalogue fresh .

hmmmm it IS fresh and its over 50 years old.... all they're gonna do is remix it to sound like today's sludge. leave it a-fuckin-lone for gods sake. when did record companies become nothing more than recycling plants? how about putting some money behind exciting new music instead of re-tooling perfectly good existing music!?!?!?!!? :twisted:

NEWLY UPDATED!!!! Feel Free To Stop By...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:33 pm 
The Boss

..>

they do it cos its so much cheaper to get some tosser with pro tools and a cock end of a singer who thinks they are the dogs bollocks and has no fuckin shame to piggy back their meagre talent onto one of the great masters of our times it makes me feel ill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:49 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
..>

they do it cos its so much cheaper to get some tosser with pro tools and a cock end of a singer who thinks they are the dogs bollocks and has no fuckin shame to piggy back their meagre talent onto one of the great masters of our times it makes me feel ill

I love the way you put things - you're so right! :D

I hope that also means that apart from the odd guest appearance you will have no duets on your own records in the future............. you're halfway through your apprenticeship to "master" status......... :*: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:43 pm 
The Boss

duets are a little like sex in this respect,it needs to be between two consenting adults otherwise its known as rape....................rapists are vile and need to have their testicles removed...................................................................................................................soooooooooooo if you take that premise a little further..........if the person you are having sex with isn't actually ALIVE............well we all know how weird THOSE people are.........................i know its a bit strong but thats how it seems to me,they are raping Elv's legacy in some sick necrophiliac type way to further their own profits,it does seem very very wrong to me,i mean they re released his singles on 10"and didn't most of them go to number one or entered the charts?So therefore its NOT about introducing him to a new audience...........THINK ABOUT IT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:27 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I don't think we need to think about it we all agree although I've not looked at it in quite those terms before :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:49 pm 
The Boss

i am sure you haven't but the question i am asking more than anything......................who gets their bollocks cut off then?The vampire record company or the shitty necro artists that do the dueting?

maybe both :eh?

I am ready with the correct nad removal equipment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Both I would hope - but I don't think any of them will................there will be people out there that will buy it unfortunately - its a double market for both Elvis (although hopefully they will be in the minority!) and the so called "artistes" that are taking part in the project.............. with any luck though it'll be the death knell for things like that because they will realise exactly how awful they sound, and the fact that they are NOT helping to improve what are already classic recordings....................:evil:

And I'm very glad I don't have any "nads" for you to cut off - but I think I'll still have to remember to be VERY polite to you in the future............. :shaking: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:23 pm 
The Boss

oh its only me whining again at the sheer stupidity of the music industry at times,we have a time of low to none existent record sales for a lot of music and record companies closing every few days and their idea is?

priceless....now is the time to behave with integrity and truth instead we get.........................lets pin the comedy hat on the great artists time.....idiots................they deserve EVERYTHING they get

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:08 pm 
Dave Woodcock wrote:
when did record companies become nothing more than recycling plants? how about putting some money behind exciting new music instead of re-tooling perfectly good existing music!?!?!?!!? :twisted:

Still nobody offered you a deal then Dave? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:22 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Not a good idea. :roll: What's up are the Presley family down to their last 100 million dollars and panicing? :twisted: