Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Therapy?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:07 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Don't know wether I should share this......but then again, my life over the past few months has been an open book and it seems to irritate Craig when I talk about my life......

For the past couple of months I've been having councelling to try and resolve a few 'issues' in my head. Went this morning for a session and after a couple of minutes rambling on, the councellor stopped me and said "Today we'll try a little exercise. Imagine I run a magic shop and you can come in and take away with you whatever will make you happy that's not materialistic. You have to envisage it and make it an object"....hmmmm "Then you have to persuade me why I should give the object to you"
"Next you have to leave behind what's making you you unhappy. Again envisage this as an object and again persude me why I should take this off you"

I came away with a fluffy, pink, soft ball of light.....about the size of a football, that was full of calm, understanding, self love and all round good stuff.
I tried to leave behind a bright red box that had spikes and jagged edges sticking out of it.

In the end, didn't really want to leave the red box, but just wanted the spikes and jagged edges smoothing off. I saw the red box as my 'defence' mechanism, I've left that behind in the past and left myself wide open for hurt. So I kept it, but hopefully smoothed out a bit. :shock:

I haven't a clue what in the name of christs trombone it was all about, but as I left she said......"food for thought, see you in a few weeks" :eh?

Deep!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject: Re: Therapy?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Dave wrote:
Don't know wether I should share this......but then again, my life over the past few months has been an open book and it seems to irritate Craig when I talk about my life......

For the past couple of months I've been having councelling to try and resolve a few 'issues' in my head. Went this morning for a session and after a couple of minutes rambling on, the councellor stopped me and said "Today we'll try a little exercise. Imagine I run a magic shop and you can come in and take away with you whatever will make you happy that's not materialistic. You have to envisage it and make it an object"....hmmmm "Then you have to persuade me why I should give the object to you"
"Next you have to leave behind what's making you you unhappy. Again envisage this as an object and again persude me why I should take this off you"

I came away with a fluffy, pink, soft ball of light.....about the size of a football, that was full of calm, understanding, self love and all round good stuff.
I tried to leave behind a bright red box that had spikes and jagged edges sticking out of it.

In the end, didn't really want to leave the red box, but just wanted the spikes and jagged edges smoothing off. I saw the red box as my 'defence' mechanism, I've left that behind in the past and left myself wide open for hurt. So I kept it, but hopefully smoothed out a bit. :shock:

I haven't a clue what in the name of christs trombone it was all about, but as I left she said......"food for thought, see you in a few weeks" :eh?

Deep!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have been to a counseller in the past, and it has made a vast improvement in my life. Keep it up Dave, it'll be worth it in the end! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
and it seems to irritate Craig when I talk about my life......

Seems a good enough reason to post on here.

Hmm, interesting stuff. Red for anger, pink for soppiness.

And yes, self love is important (no smutty remarks here please), if you haven't got that then you're going nowhere fast. You need to like yourself as much as liking other people.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:23 pm 

Nah, I'm not ashamed of admitting I'm seeing a councellor, seen a couple in the past....one who was really good and another who wore dungarees and sandals and just stared me out saying...."I'm here to listen"........No you're not love, you're there to try and give me pointers on being a better person or I might as well go out into the street and talk to a postbox!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:30 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Blanked out so RH's post makes a bit of sense.............. :*:

And reinstated as RH has made sense of it himself........... :wink:

Good luck with it Dave - its good to talk things through - not healthy to keep it inside!

:wink:

Last edited by The Baroness on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:32 pm 
The Boss

Dave wrote:
Nah, I'm not ashamed of admitting I'm seeing a councellor, seen a couple in the past....one who was really good and another who wore dungarees and sandals and just stared me out saying...."I'm here to listen"........No you're not love, you're there to try and give me pointers on being a better person or I might as well go out into the street and talk to a postbox!

again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:46 pm 

Richard Hawley wrote:
Dave wrote:

again

Look...... that postbox gave me a lot of good advice, his advice however on understanding women was complete bollocks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:49 pm 
The Boss

again.................... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:55 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Never had therapy or conselling my self but in my last career I was in HR and counselled many people or - in very more serious situations referred them to professionals. The feedback I got from those people was very positive. Even years later some individuals would express their sincere gratitude for those opportunities to help sort out their problems in an open, non-threatening and confidential situation.
Never underestimate the benefits of such sessions.

Getting too heavy now - off for pre-Hawley Gig beer ......... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:08 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Dave even though your going through a rough time you aint lost your great sense of humour, your posts really do tickle me, hope you sort things out, keep going mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:21 pm 

stevo wrote:
Dave even though your going through a rough time you aint lost your great sense of humour, your posts really do tickle me, hope you sort things out, keep going mate.

Thanks Stevo, unfortunately on the way home from therapy I was playing keepy-uppy with my fluffy pink ball. I inadvertantly thought I was The Owls new star striker and hoofed it into the river! :cry:

If anyone along the banks of the Don see's a glowing, fluffy pink ball floating by, could you fish it out please? as it contains my self-esteem and all my nice bits. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:26 pm 

WOODCOCK!!!!

I dont actually have a green penis! I used the term for comedic effect, please change my status back to THE MAN or GODS GIFT or FLUFFY PINK BALLS!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I think that this place is like therapy - like one of those flotation tank thingies, you can just let it all out..... :shock: and there's always someone to listen (read), fish you out and prop you up! (Or ignore you, pull your post to bits and trample on you - although that's thankfully rare!) :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hope things'll be better for you Dave x