Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:49 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

90%!! Quite pleased with that considering I'm in the southern hemisphere and gravy can be hard to come by....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:15 am 
Regular

88% northern yet I live two minutes from the Channel - how can this be? Must have absorbed some through all the Hawley and Hendersons I consume... And I do like a nice chat on the bus...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:19 am 
Hawleytastic!

This is obviously a sack of shit, as I, soft southern jessie, who's never lived north of the Watford Gap, is apparently 100 per cent northern, somewhere around Newcastle. Shouldn't it be a poll to discover how culturally ignorant you are of other parts of your own country?

And, to add insult to injury, I am only 84 per cent London according to www.gotoquiz.com which to be fair is probably quite accurate for someone who's only spent half their life here.

Londoners talk at bus stops, eat chips and gravy (as well as with curry sauce or a wally) and like an oatcake. I suggest someone invents a How Eaton are you? and we'd probably, north and south, end up with the same scores...x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:02 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Or we could just build a big wall, running roughly from Chester to Skeggy to keep all you wannabe Northerners out.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Monkeys can climb walls though. And trees. And eat fleas off each others backs. And pick each other's arses.

Maybe you should come up with How Monkey are you? Obviously, all of us who are normal won't be able to answer any of your primate posers but I would humour you.

And I could live with the wall thing. Would miss the Lakes and I was hoping to discover whether the whole Yorkshire being one of the best places to live in the world thing was true or just an over compensation for people who don't have anything better to do. But I was only planning on a week in the camper so I could pass it up.

Would that mean Wales was in our half? And Chester and it's footballers' wives were in yours?

Draw up a map, I'm game. x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

dear dear helen,

don't be upset at being a warm hearted inclusive welcoming well fed and well drunk northerner rather than a pinch-faced cold shouldering dispassionate southerner, you're obviously a genetic throwback to a brighter age when your ancestors were worthy forthright upstanding people.

bless
xx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:50 pm 
Secretly Canadian

helenwatson wrote:
Would that mean Wales was in our half? And Chester and it's footballers' wives were in yours?

Draw up a map, I'm game. x

Nope, you can keep Chester along with the rest of Wales. From there we'll dip south to take in Crewe/Nantwich and all of the Peaks but leave you with Mansfield and Lincoln.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'll take Wales, even if I have to have Chester. I'd swap all the north for Wales any day of the week. I thought you might take Mansfield because their team did so well at football at the weekend.

And Beaux lovely, you might be right there. The name sort of gives it away. I have a lovely Scottish friend who, when drunk, always says I'm bound to have some lowland Scots in me but I always assumed he was pitching for a lumber. x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Manchester is North of Sheffield - Liverpool / Warrington on the same level of latitude as Sheffield - Crewe is South of Sheffield by about 20 mile - so inclusion of Crewe makes Sheffield 'Northern'.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:07 pm 
Secretly Canadian

helenwatson wrote:
I'll take Wales, even if I have to have Chester. I'd swap all the north for Wales any day of the week. I thought you might take Mansfield because their team did so well at football at the weekend.

You've clearly never been to Mansfield.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

My nephew's mate is their goalie... Anyway, Mansfield is only 24 miles from Sheffield. That's like central London to the M25. Hardly Rome and Mongolia... Anyway, let me know when you're going to build this wall cos I can ship a few nutters for your side and you can pop a few footballers wives over for mine. xx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:00 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Mansfield is in a whole different county and at least three decades behind the rest of the World.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:26 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I'm 100%, tho I admit I guessed the oatcakes question.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:09 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Isn't it strange that it's OK to be Northern, Southern, or somewhere in between, but it's not OK to be English?
If you believe the left anyone who says they're English is either BNP or UKIP: and if you believe the right anyone who says they're English is either BNP or UKIP!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

25% Northern "Somewhere around London"*. Something of a miracle since I have lived all my life in Dublin, mind you I've been to London at least 15 times. The last time I had chips and gravy was in a poutinery in Toronto in 2009.

* 60% Londoner - "You must have spent your life just outside the M25 looking in ... you can still be a Londoner if you decide to take the plunge "