Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:08 pm 
Newcomer

Just thought I would introduce myself and say hi - sorry for the long post but having heard the forum has suffered from spammers wanted to display my “credentials”.

Been a long time lurker as I’m not really one for social media - I would much rather be in the middle of nowhere soaking up the sights, sounds (and smells) of the world around me without the distraction of electronic devices but I had a good reason to finally join recently.

I have followed RH since his Longpigs days and was lucky enough to see them a few times – I may have also seen him as part of Pulp but I can’t say either way with any certainty – I plead guilty to watching Jarvis too much no doubt !

Was really pleased to see RH pursue a solo career and get recognition for his work but my love for his music changed immeasurably in July 2010 when I took my then 12 year old son to see him for the first time. Louis is autistic so getting much of an emotional reaction out of him at that time (that was not anger) mainly revolved around going on the fastest and highest rollercoasters around but that night in Milton Keynes stirred something in him that Bruce Springsteen failed to do so the year before (No surprise there you might say but give The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle a go before giving up on him completely). RH made music resonate with Louis and touched his soul in a way that nothing had before, and since then music is Louis’s passion. We have been lucky enough to see RH on numerous occasions along with other great bands and musicians giving us a stronger bond then I ever thought would be possible.

So fast forward 6 years and Louis has started University in Sheffield – no need to worry, this is not a stalking exercise as it was not his first or second choice but he gained a place through the clearing process. I was pleased he ended up in Sheffield because I had great memories from visiting the city a number of times in the late 80s and 90s and it still carries a great spirit and friendliness that I remember from back then. Having gained his place after the upcoming hometown gig was announced all the tickets were sold out by the time we knew Louis was in Sheffield so wanting to avoid buying from touts or resellers I was lucky enough to get Louis tickets through this site (thanks Linda – they are cherished) so he will be there on Monday with a friend. It was difficult giving up “my” ticket for his friend but Louis wanted to share the experience with someone different although I plan to see if I can get a ticket on the night !

Anyway I have said enough although I could babble on and on but thanks Richard for all the joy you have given us over the years and roll on Monday evening !

Last edited by alxg on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Welcome aboard! Nice story :)

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:59 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That is lovely - have a good one come Monday!

...and as it is December...

:santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: