I would, but there's no facility to do it 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Fuck the environment! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It's too late...we're all doomed 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:56 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

stevo wrote:
Cant the producers of our foods we buy in supermarkets reduce the size of the packaging it comes in, allso cant the makers of our household goods make them to last like they did years ago, nowadays they build them to last a short lifespan like your washing machines , driers tv etc etc, when they go wrong its cheaper to buy a new one.

I completely agree, Stevo - I'm horrified by the amount of stuff that gets thrown out.

In my part of London (Lambeth) we get a free weekly collection of recyclable stuff: paper, glass, tins, plastic bottles. I don't even have to sort it, just chuck everything in a big orange plastic bag. There's also a free garden waste recycling service - I think they compost the waste and use it in the local parks. I would still recycle if I had to make more of an effort but probably wouldn't be so conscientious. I take old clothes to the charity shop (and buy some there as well – got a nice jacket the other week) but it's depressing to think how little effect anything I do will have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:50 am 
Glass and cans usually end up in the bins at Tesco. I'd do more with paper but my recycling bin is filled up with plastic and all sorts of non-paper stuff that was in it when i moved in, i just haven't got around to emptying it yet...
Have to admit the recycling facilities in Sheffield are pretty poor compared to Donny. They have kerbside collections there for paper, glass, cans and plastic. It all goes in one box and they even sort it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:57 am 
Waitrose Warrior

My mum and dad have the blue box for all the papers which are collected on thursdays, cans bottles etc go down to sainsbury recycling bank.