Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: transfers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Well it looks as if Torres is definitely going to Chelsea. Poor old Kenny didnt look too good at the press conference. Bloody ridiculous sums of money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 am 
Hawleytastic!

It's all about money, Liverpool are well rid of him. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:04 am 
Donkey Cock

i dont mean to sound like keys, but:
in that precise case thats not about money.
Nando had enough playing with below average teammates.
now that rafa and the spanish contingent are gone, he cannot even have the banter in his lingo.
That plus the weather. i dont blame him. he is a world champion and he is languishing in bottom table. i find he has been very patient (although i know his performances have not been great, despite a good goal count).

not sure they got a better deal with caroll at £35millions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:07 am 
Site Admin

hardly about money, I mean the guy is 26, his only professional trophy is a Spanish second division medal yet at this point in his career and for some time he has been one of the best forward players in world football playing in a dire side. He joined Liverpool a club he supported and stuck it out for a lot longer than most in his position would have despite all of the shenanagins there with the past owners, mad Rafa and the supposed poor medical support. Liverpool to get back up there need two years and millions thrown at the right manager to have a chance. I have not much time for Chelski but to suggest he only went there for money is calling it wrong I believe anyway, even if it is mad money. :roll:

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:26 am 
Hawleytastic!

Sorry, what do I know about football. :roll:

£50 million is a lot of money you must agree, and the weather is much better down South than up here in the frozen North. I don't blame him for going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 am 
Site Admin

£215 million plus change, changed hands over the January transfer window. That is only factoring in premiership clubs. It is obscene in this day and age or any for that matter quite obviously. Its really no wonder there are so many empty seats at up to very high profile games not only in the premership but throughout Europe.. look at Seire A.. dying on its arse, empty stadia all around the place, folks just havent got it. Ohh and I dont know what you know about football or otherwise, but no need for the rolling eyes because someone disagrees, the nature of this beast is debate and counter opinion innit ? :wink:

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Last edited by Eoin on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 am 
Donkey Cock

but Susie, the 50 millions are for Liverpool not for el nino! (he will get good wages, that s for sure).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 am 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

Leaving the weather and money asdide.......who's happy and who's sad with your club's transfer dealings.

I'm very happy,we have spent £5 mill and have landed four players,all who know how to pass and score.
Very exited about this guy................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp00wkzE ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:53 am 
Hawleytastic!

Little Dickie wrote:
Leaving the weather and money asdide.......who's happy and who's sad with your club's transfer dealings.

Happy and sad - I follow Liverpool - can't say I support them as the last time I saw them play Emlyn Hughes was in the team.

Torres going down the road was hardly unexpected - but £35M for Carroll...

We'll see - I'm sure it will work out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 am 
Hawleytastic!

Broken the hearts of a lot of Liverpool fans but I think most of them will be realistic about it. It's a bit like when Berbatov left Spurs for Utd, can't blame him for going but don't expect to get a warm welcome when you come back. Also, paying £35m for Carroll – that's just mad. On principle, you shouldn't pay that sort of money for someone with such a shit haircut.
As for whether I'm happy, not happy that we shipped a lot of people out without much coming in but am happy we held on to Pav and Jenas, and that Keane will be of some use to somebody.x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Quote:
if you need a strong centre forward who can hold the ball and head the ball and is good with his feet (unlike Heskey) you do well to look at Andy Carroll

Me and my big mouth!!

I remember posting that last summer in the world cup thread.

Andy Carroll is gonna be the best English forward for years to come , worth £35 million no doubt.

He has an excellent left foot and is immense in the air, never seen a defender get the better of him yet, really strong and still only 22.

If he had to go anywhere then i'm glad it's Liverpool, who look to be rebuilding quite well. Trouble is do they have anybody to supply him?

The circumstances surrounding his departure are hazy to say the least, but i think the transfer request smokescreen was surely down to peer pressure.

Ashley & Lambias have kicked us in the nuts again, but hey we're used to it now.

To be honest nobody will want to come to Newcastle for years to come now or at least until the present regime have departed.

Left it too late anyway to sign a replacement, so we are left with an ageing Lovenkrands, Nile Ranger who is a bit like Bambi on ice at the moment, Leon Best still not sure about him and Ameobi who is very hit and miss, usually miss.

Money has killed the game, lets face it, next it will be a European super league, us piffling little teams just won't be able to compete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:08 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Little Dickie wrote:

From the viewpoint of an Oldham Athletic fan (for that is what I am), this has been the best January transfer window since such things came into being.

We have shipped out fourteen players (the majority of whom were signed by the previous manager) and brought in eight. The quality of the eight far outweighs that of the departing players and the books have been balanced. We still have a squad of thirty players, so the net loss of six players is neither here nor there.

Paul Dickov has transformed Latics from a relegation threatened team of has-beens into a team capable of making it to the play-offs. I go to Boundary Park this evening in the highest spirits since the Dowie era.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 pm 
Regular

I support Liverpool and feel badly let down by Torres' timing. Waiting 'till the summer and/or going to a non-UK club could have had him down in legends status but he's turned.

He'll regret it, he had fans here that adored him, sang his name for 90mins regardless how he played and had flags and banners at every game with his face on. Now? He's got fans that booed Drogba when Chelsea drew, plastic flags manufactured by the club and a support that couldn't tell you a thing that happened pre 04.

As for the money for Carroll, when put in with inflation within football (where Man United's £30m for Rooney would equal £49m) I don't think the price is too inflated. Clearly he's got a long way to go but when you're put in shits creek with four days left by a typical football mercenary then you're going to have to pay over the odds.

Anyway, until he's started banging them in I'm thinking of it as £35m for Suarez and £24m for Carroll, it's easier to believe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:15 pm 
Regular

Little Dickie wrote:

Very happy. I didn't think I could be after losing the best striker in the world but I'm quite optimistic.

Mostly I'm proud with the way the club handled ourselves, professional and I think we've came out of this window stronger than we went in to it in terms of players, and I'm 100% sure we're stronger with Dalglish than that pigeon faced bell end 'Woy'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:06 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

originl wrote:
[Very happy. I didn't think I could be after losing the best striker in the world but I'm quite optimistic.

So you should be..............more or less straight swap,a sulking injury liability for two proven goal machines...............good business.