Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Play Off Final
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:05 am 
Hawley Groupie

Hull City fan here! I know there are lots of Wednesday fans on the board, including the boss himself. I'm genuinely not confident but obviously wanting my team to succeed on the day.

Either way, hope it's a good game and may the best team win. Is anyone going down to Wembley?

Post subject: Re: Play Off Final
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:33 am 
The Boss

I'll be in Wales on my wife's 50th birthday..... :roll: :shock: :*:

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:36 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ha, this is funny.

My 16 year old had a date on one of the few Spurs matches left of the season. We were having lunch at the house, with my other half and my cousin, who is a steward at White Hart Lane.

My boy was running late and said he'd have to skip lunch to go and meet her. It was his first serious date so, while he was in the bathroom, I says to his dad: "Go on, have the talk with him," meaning the one where he says about girl's feelings being important, respecting what they want and, if you must get in to all the intimate stuff, make sure you use protection.

But instead, his dad says: "Son, never choose a woman over a Scotch Egg (the farmer's market, top notch lunch he was turning down for the girl)" and my cousin adds: "Yeah, and for fuck's sake never choose a girl over the match."

But, in this case, all wives called Helen, who may be 50 this year, are infinitely more important than football. And would really like a nice present for once, not some old shit that you got from the garage and left on the train... just saying... in case people might be interested...x

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:01 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hope your lad got on better than the Owls (gallant losers beaten by a stronger team on the day, good showing from the fans).
50 looms here too, am just hoping to avoid any fuss and to get on with my usual ignorance of my age

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:51 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Yes - premier league support for Wednesday. Unfortunately the team were Championship quality on the day. It's a shame but perhaps proves that we are not ready yet. The fans were fantastic and it was good to be there. Oh well - maybe next season......

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm in denial exapno, it is the last knockings of the year so I have six months in my 40s. Going to have a massive, fuck off party and dance on the table. You can come if you like, chick.

And went to IKEA today (for chairs, meatballs and a row with the old man, after all that is what the shop's for) and it was full of joyous Hull City fans eating breakfast hotdogs. I am secretly pleased because I get to see half the old Spurs team visit White Hart Lane, especially Michael Dawson who was always my special favourite.

Better luck next year lovely Lou Lou. Xx

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:52 pm 
Too much time on my hands

So you were with the sensible Hull fans who had driven down, Helen. I, stupidly, booked a Hull train to get off at Doncaster and then drive home. It should have had 10 coaches but they took five off and tried to fit everyone on. I had my face crammed into the sweaty armpit of a Hull fan all the way to Grantham when quite a few people got off. I have had better days.

I have also recently done the 50 thing. I didn't like it - 49 is better. And....AND within a few days of becoming 50 I started getting letters from Saga and letters asking me to make my funeral plans. I now have Maggie May turned up full volume and have poured myself a glass of wine. Okay - she may have been younger than 50 but it shows the older woman has something if she can pull a young Rod. I may not be six feet tall with long blonde hair but they are just details - who takes any notice of details?

Sorry - drifted off the play offs theme - thank you for the words of support Helen! x

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

60 in July and have a date with Eoin and efsb in Dublin <*>

This has nothing to do with the play off final - I'd just like to point out that it is the completion of year 60 and the start of year 61....so you folks coming up to 50 don't worry you started you 50th year sometime ago :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: