Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:32 pm 
Secretly Canadian

surprised Steve McLaren's not been linked yet...

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:45 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

I wish we had owners like Ellis Short.Someone who has the balls to get rid of a manager who is clearly not up to the task.
Steve Kean has said he's interested in the job and is promising Champions League success within a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:54 am 
Hawleytastic!

I don't know much about football but aren't Sunderland a pretty crap team in any case? Therefore why do their fans get the hump when they lose and start having a go at Steve Bruce?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:43 am 
Hawleytastic!

RP wrote:
I don't know much about football but aren't Sunderland a pretty crap team in any case? Therefore why do their fans get the hump when they lose and start having a go at Steve Bruce?

Because a manager picks the team, organises the team, gets paid to improve the team and buys the players to play. Bruce, sadly, has failed. His results in the last calendar year have been abysmal and are clear relegation form. It costs a bloody fortune to watch football and folk get pissed off when they are watching people performing in a clueless fashion. When you drop points against the teams you will be battling against relegation with the storyline will only go one way. No set of fans in the country would be happy with the situation at Sunderland and sacking Steve Bruce has put all of us and Steve Bruce out of our misery. Where Bruce's childhood loyalties lay had nothing to do with it either. A large percentage of Sunderland fans in the 38,000 at our last home game are from Tyneside so where he is from means nowt.

Am thrilled, if as seems likely Martin O'Neill is coming to be our next manager, don't give a shit what Villa fans think of him, will take 6th place in the league any day of the week. Won't believe he is appointed til it's properly confirmed. Am equally thrilled that Brollyman is coming nowhere near our club. Steve Kean isn't a manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:53 am 
Hawleytastic!

exapno is happy happy happy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15997197.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:44 am 
Secretly Canadian

exapno mapcase wrote:
Am thrilled, if as seems likely Martin O'Neill is coming to be our next manager, don't give a shit what Villa fans think of him, will take 6th place in the league any day of the week.

Problem is after a couple of 6th place finishes and you have a chairman and fans who then starts getting bigger (unrealistic) ideas.

Good appointment anyway, and will at least make for some more entertaining MOTD interviews.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:52 am 
Hawleytastic!

exapno mapcase wrote:
RP wrote:

Because a manager picks the team, organises the team, gets paid to improve the team and buys the players to play. Bruce, sadly, has failed. His results in the last calendar year have been abysmal and are clear relegation form. It costs a bloody fortune to watch football and folk get pissed off when they are watching people performing in a clueless fashion. When you drop points against the teams you will be battling against relegation with the storyline will only go one way. No set of fans in the country would be happy with the situation at Sunderland and sacking Steve Bruce has put all of us and Steve Bruce out of our misery. Where Bruce's childhood loyalties lay had nothing to do with it either. A large percentage of Sunderland fans in the 38,000 at our last home game are from Tyneside so where he is from means nowt.

Am thrilled, if as seems likely Martin O'Neill is coming to be our next manager, don't give a shit what Villa fans think of him, will take 6th place in the league any day of the week. Won't believe he is appointed til it's properly confirmed. Am equally thrilled that Brollyman is coming nowhere near our club. Steve Kean isn't a manager.

Oh, I see. :oops: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Craig wrote:
exapno mapcase wrote:
Am thrilled, if as seems likely Martin O'Neill is coming to be our next manager, don't give a shit what Villa fans think of him, will take 6th place in the league any day of the week.

Problem is after a couple of 6th place finishes and you have a chairman and fans who then starts getting bigger (unrealistic) ideas.

Good appointment anyway, and will at least make for some more entertaining MOTD interviews.

If it ever is confirmed it sure as hell will be a massive improvement on Brucie's garbled interviews - even when we were on a decent run with him I never wanted to hear anything that came out of his mouth and I don't know if I ever heard him give an interview that didn't include "SirAlexbottleofredwine". Am relieved to break the run of SirAlexacolytes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

It will be good for you. Like Martin O'Neill – he's an enthusiast. My friend who is a Celtic fan has a great picture of him leaping from touchline after they'd scored. He's about ten feet in the air and he looks like he's flying! Most fans would be happy to have him I reckon. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 am 

Why do you think he's been out of work for so long............the guy's a cry baby and a serial quitter........i'll give him less than a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:28 am 
Hawleytastic!

He's been out of work because he's good enough to wait for a job that interests him rather than rush headlong into the first thing that turns up. It's fair to say that the job he took at Villa was changed overnight by the chairman. O'Neill, like all managers, signed some good and some not so good players, the good ones didn't stay on the whole but made the club a profit that wasn't made available to the manager. Villa's massive fee for B£nt seemed to me to be an acknowledgement by Lerner that he'd done the wrong thing with O'Neill.

I'm extremely happy to have him as Sunderland manager. Am also a Celtic fan and know the reality of just how much he changed the mentality of Celtic. He's the manager I've wanted at Sunderland for aeons and he's already working his magic - Newcastle got beat 3-0 yeasterday :)

Anyway, what are you worried about? You've got the mighty Alex McCleish so evryone's happy :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:16 pm 

exapno mapcase wrote:
He's been out of work because he's good enough to wait for a job that interests him

Sorry Exapno..........i know it's your opinion,but,a good manager!!!

He's managed for 20 years and he's won a couple of League Cups.
He spent billions at Villa and left them in a worse state than he inherited.
When Lerner rumbled him he spat his dummy out and slinked off.

We'll be playing each other in the Championship next season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 am 
Hawleytastic!

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating but dismissing League Cups with Leicester City is not the same as if he'd won them at Manchester United. Though it's simple to undermine his impact at Celtic by belittling the level of football there, his galvanising of a club which had virtually capitulated to Rangers in the league was very impressive, more importantly he took Celtic to a European final which they might have won if Mourinho didn't send teams out to kick their opponents into submission.

Lerner effectively stopped backing O'Neill despite him delivering what was asked of him in terms of league position. In losing their two most effective (as opposed to best) midfielders to Man City in subsequent years both of which clearly frustrated O'Neill's plans and then not being able to pay a relatively modest fee for Scott Parker. I would expect MON to have learned something from his own shortcomings at Villa and though he'll have some transfer funds at Sunderland I'd be astonished if they are collossal sums.

I'd love a league Cup final, I'd love a top six finish but at the minute I'll settle for 3 points against Blackburn.......oh yes, sorry I mistook you for a Villa fan...think there's a fair chance at least one of us will go down, it's horrible isn't it?

Check with you after Sunday.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

This will do for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:52 pm 

Bloody terrorist!!!........Image :*: