Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:29 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

It was into Richard`s third song that a lady to my left asked the four,complete ar$3H0les, two women, two blokes , who never stopped talking (shouting), to "please be quiet" to which one of the bitches shouted "NO", I myself was not so polite and told them in no uncertain terms to shut up. This was greeted by a "I will see you outside" by one of the complete morons. All this going on while Richard is performing! Matters get worse when the lady to my left is dealt a severe smack on the back by one of the female cretins!
Unbelievable! The sort of thing you would expect at a football match, but in the front row at the Royal Albert Hall?
Thanks only to the fact that Richard`s amp packed up, they went for more drinks and were slung out some time shortly afterwards I presume, thank God.
My only regret is that they will not be on this forum for me to tell them, I think they are absolute scum and a disgrace to humankind.
Can someone tell me why anyone goes to a concert and proceeds to talk the whole way through it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Talking at gigs is one of my biggest bugbears - not of course the turning to your mate to comment on the music, but those who have full scale conversations.

We had a problem at the Astoria as well with a heckler who was pushing people around - sadly some people forget that others are there to enjoy the gig.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:44 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Thanks for that, more a case of "drinks in, wits out" although I don`t consider that an excuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:07 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

When I went to see Portishead at Brixton Academy recently, there were a trio of people talking all the way through really loudly right next to me. I heard every detail of their conversation, the fact that they had paid £70 for each ticket on a sold out website ,so why bother? where they lived etc. No one else seemed to care that they were talking, my boyfriend told them to shut up in the end and they did for a bit. They had absolutely no attention span, oh and they were flouting the smoking ban, smoking weed of all things, yeah they were so cool :roll: :x

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Guardian69 wrote:
Unbelievable! The sort of thing you would expect at a football match, but in the front row at the Royal Albert Hall?

No I wouldn't expect it at a football match! At fa cup final I had two Cardiff fans sitting next to me, surrounded by Pompey fans and it was never anything other than affectionate, everyone making sure they didn't feel threatened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:58 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Good job Mr H didn't get a whiff of it. He'd have waded straight in and kicked the shit out of 'em! :rambo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:02 am 
Waitrose Warrior

lorraine wrote:
When I went to see Portishead at Brixton Academy recently, there were a trio of people talking all the way through really loudly right next to me. I heard every detail of their conversation, the fact that they had paid £70 for each ticket on a sold out website ,so why bother? where they lived etc. No one else seemed to care that they were talking, my boyfriend told them to shut up in the end and they did for a bit. They had absolutely no attention span, oh and they were flouting the smoking ban, smoking weed of all things, yeah they were so cool :roll: :x

at the portishead gig did beth flount the smoking ban as well then?

i know exactly what you mean though lorraine, it just exasperates me why people would "waste" money on a gig only to go and to talk (loudly and obtrusively) over the music, if you want to talk over it just get a few friends round at home and put the cd on, saves a load of wonga and means those of us who want to actually listen to the music are spared the irritating chatter during gigs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 am 
Hawleytastic!

I've just been to see Broken Social Scene tonight and suffered a similar bunch of knobs who jumped around mindlessly to the more well known tunes & rattled through the rest of the gig.

I wish i could do this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBXXA5xhcQ0

I might start practicing.

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:50 am 
Hawleytastic!

Dave wrote:
Good job Mr H didn't get a whiff of it. He'd have waded straight in and kicked the shit out of 'em! :rambo:

We were in the middle of Row 5 and saw there was a commotion but I thought it was handbags at ten paces.

From what I saw, the Albert Hall staff took a more diplomatic tack than you suggest Mr H would have!! :shock: :*: :*: They appeared to deal it with very well.

I hope it didn't spoil anyone's fun - that sort of thing can leave a nasty taste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:06 pm 
The Boss

i noticed a couple having words but nothing clear as i coudn't see anything past the first row sorry if anyone had a bad time can't see the p[oint at all going to a gig to have a bleedin row

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

i remember goin to see Jarvis at the plug, beginning of last year, with my heavily pregnant wife, we were stood at the back, so no-one would bang in to us, got 2 couples bang in front of us talking pretty much all the way through the set.,one of the lasses nearly burnt my missus' arm a couple of times, cos she was pissed up & waving a cig about. they were politely asked by other people to be quiet, (which they didn't), they proper got to me when Jarvis did 'Baby's Coming Back', probably the quitest song of the night............and they talked all they way through it.
i had a reyt go at them, asking if they'd actually paid to see the gig, cos no fan in there right minds would chat all the way through the gig!, they then started having a go at me for having a go., saying that they were enjoying talking. wankers.
if the missus hadn't have been with me, i'd have twatted them both, ended up moving as there was no way they were gonn shut up. really pisses me off, kids & beer eh?

www.myspace.com/roamingson
www.facebook.com/roamingsonuk
www.facebook.com/marklyall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

I'm gonna get in shit one of these days at gigs cause I seem to be a magnet for inconsiderate fucks like that but regardless of size or gender I just fucking see red and tend not to be very diplomatic. Its the only way though.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:24 pm 
The Boss

i was at that gig at the plug it was boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

yeah, saw you wandering about. Jarvi's was on top form that night, great frontman.

www.myspace.com/roamingson
www.facebook.com/roamingsonuk
www.facebook.com/marklyall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:36 am 
Gimmie 6 !

last year i went to see the brian jonestown massacre at leadmill for the millionth time!

Anyway anyone who has seen Dig! will know that singer Anton Newcombe has no fear of confronting anyone in the audience or his band who is not behaving.

Some 'prize cock' stood infront of me decides that he has seen Dig and wants to cause some trouble so throws a half full pint onstage from about 10 feet away - all over the drums and bass player, so the gig stops and i thought that was it off they go.
There was some rant to the audience in general about him not bothering and throwing stuff at them when they are working at Mcdonalds and then they got on with it, next fucking song i hear them talking about doing it again!!!!!

So i grab this kid by the coat and kindly told him if he threw anything else that that would be the last thing he ever did. I'm not one for causing trouble but a group of 8 of us had all paid to see this gig and i wasn't gonna let some wanker spoil it.