Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

finish at five, quick drive up north, should be there for about nine if you get your foot down! just catch the levellers. into the ceilidh place and drink til one in the morning. heaven. apart from the levellers that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:21 pm 
Original Hippy

mph wrote:
finish at five, quick drive up north, should be there for about nine if you get your foot down! just catch the levellers. into the ceilidh place and drink til one in the morning. heaven. apart from the levellers that is.

Ah c'mon!! The Levellers, along with Spiritualised & The Verve, are a great festival band!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:30 pm 
Hawleytastic!

yeah, i don't mind them really. i would really have liked richard to have played there. i'm sure he'd love it. it's not a big corporate festival and it's obviously in the best spot in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:16 am 
The Boss

well there are no more gigs likely this year apart from the vague possibility of something at crimbo,but next year i am determined to play as many of the smaller festivals as possible and avoid the big corporate one's.I haven't had much choice up till now its a simple matter of economics if i play the bigger one's it pays for all the other things i want to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:20 am 
Hawleytastic!

seriously, please check the ullapool one out. i know i keep going on like a broken record but i just feel sure it would blow you away, both location and vibe.

janice long always goes up. i know you've done stuff for her show, maybe double check with her to see what it's all about? it got voted best boutique featival this year in country life or some such shite but don't let that put you off.

did i detect a glimmer of hope on the christmas gig front there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:22 am 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

Oh The Mountain Goats played ! I love John Darnielle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:24 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
well there are no more gigs likely this year apart from the vague possibility of something at crimbo,but next year i am determined to play as many of the smaller festivals as possible and avoid the big corporate one's.I haven't had much choice up till now its a simple matter of economics if i play the bigger one's it pays for all the other things i want to do.

:D :D :D ... and smaller festivals sound good ... and you'll be safe from Baroness and Jan 'cos they don't do wellies :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:10 am 
Too much time on my hands

Richard Hawley wrote:

Perhaps someone should have a word with Jools? About time you did a Hootenanny. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

catsandbooks wrote:
Richard Hawley wrote:

:D :D :D ... and smaller festivals sound good ... and you'll be safe from Baroness and Jan 'cos they don't do wellies :*:

Careful Catsnbooks ... I'm just back from Alaska and hardened to the elements now .. AND I have a pair of stout walking boots! :*: I have been known to do the odd Cropredy Festival in recent years y'know .. maybe a bit too folky for Richard though :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:43 pm 
Regular

it's a thumbs-up for yer EotR set from over here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:38 pm 
The Boss

..>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:22 pm 
Hawley Groupie

arne saknussen wrote:
Richard Hawley wrote:

Perhaps someone should have a word with Jools? About time you did a Hootenanny. :)

Last night's Jools (10 Oct) was ace. Coldplay had four tracks, seemed too many. But the rest of it was pretty much a dip sample of some of the loveliest acts. Glen Campbell is old now, and maybe it's best to see the Great great, but it was nice, and poignant, to see what might be his last time. But it occured, so it did, that RH should turn out on Jools sometime soon. Which means he prob won't, on account of my judgement usually shite on these matters. Whatever. Jools seems a good thing on the whole and it would be good to see RH there. So there.