Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:23 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I hope they're not going to cut the banter cos that's a big part of the experience............... :?: Pleeezzzzz................... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:25 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

very few live recordings are a complete representation of the live concert in completeness. There's always banter/tuning/moments-of-silence cut out either through simply timing considerations or the fact that it often doesn't work as well if you can't actually see/experience what was happening as you could at the actual gig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:42 am 
The Boss

for those moaning tossers info,i played the gig because folk on the forum requested i play a crimbo show,i played a crimbo show,......happy?...no ............i played for an hour cos it was fucking freezing................TO BE CLEAR i lost a lot of money doing it and the only way to pay for it was to release it as a DVD/CD for a limited amount of time.....i will still lose a fair amount fo money but i don't mind we all had a wonderful evening......well......MOST of us did,i have been sent a couple of unbelievably petty PM's from folk i can only describe as wankers....................please.........STOP FUCKING MOANING :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:02 am 
Hawleytastic!

Oh Richard I know we wanted a Christmas show but I don't think any of us realised you'd lose money! :cry: :shock:

Stick an extra few quid on the DVD price - I'm sure we'll all be happy to cough up! :wink:

And if you need any unpaid help next time you know where I am.............. :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:05 am 
The Boss

i really don't mind,its not about that its not a problem but i do resent twats moaning about set length when it was freezing,i really thought it was a great night in the end,very special i love doing things that are interesting for everyone but cannot stand c***s moaning on drives me crazy :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:09 am 
Site Admin

The set was long enough, a lot of groups don't do long sets. And the choice of songs was great.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:16 am 
Hawleytastic!

the set was a perfect length - the whole evening was magical one of the best nights out i've ever had - fuck the moaners.

NEWLY UPDATED!!!! Feel Free To Stop By...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:18 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
i really don't mind,its not about that its not a problem but i do resent twats moaning about set length when it was freezing,i really thought it was a great night in the end,very special i love doing things that are interesting for everyone but cannot stand c***s moaning on drives me crazy :evil:

Let me know who they are and I'll whack them with my handbag or something :*:

That night was worth every penny - and more! - we had thirteen songs for goodness sake - THIRTEEN! And that was just the main attraction - we had plenty from Pete Molinari and even more from the other entertainment in the pubs.

Some people! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:57 am 
I need a life

as i said I'll never forget that night as i'll never forget the best things in my life...last friday was more than special, more than beautiful...it was a dream!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:15 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

people moan about fucking nowt. I'm suprised no one has moaned to Richard about the cold.

I had a great night, i went to the gig on friday instead of going to a free bar xmas do for work and i don't regret it one bit, the whole thing was amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:01 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

the boy hoy wrote:
I had a great night, i went to the gig on friday instead of going to a free bar xmas do for work and i don't regret it one bit, the whole thing was amazing.

I did the opposite. I went to a Christmas do with a free bar because the company is up for sale at the minute and it isn't the time to be pissing people off. Last year I went to watch The Verve rather than go to the Christmas do and it went down very badly, so this year, despite my heart screaming that I should go to Castleton, I follwed my head. I will regret it forevermore.

I will have to make do with the live CD, which I have ordered and the DVD when it appears. Those who were there don't know how lucky they are, so to hear that people are moaning is beyond belief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Set length seemed just right to me, what with all the other stuff going off later and it being a bit nippy. It's bewildering that some people would focus on a gig being 20 mins or so short and not on the good things about the night, to the point of contacting the musician in question & having a whinge. There's more important things to moan about, for fuck's sake get a grip. That last sentence is fast becoming my motto it seems..

No Naked in Pitsmoor though - what's that all about? That's my Hawley related moan.. I'm kidding, ok? :wink:

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:44 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I thought it was a brilliant evening! It was the most lovely way to get into the christmas spirit sadly there's always a few that are complete t*ssers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:55 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

Dave Woodcock wrote:
the set was a perfect length - the whole evening was magical one of the best nights out i've ever had - fuck the moaners.

set list was perfect for me too, just finished in time for me to walk back to the pub for a wazz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I just can't believe people are moaning! What?

A brilliant, magical evening, good music, fantastic venue, I was well wrapped up and was just starting to feel the cold by the end of the set. Then off down to the pubs for more music ...

I'm just gobsmacked that anyone was unhappy :?

What the hell do they want??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next