Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I wasn't at the gig, but i'd go for quality over quantity anytime and from what i've read their was plenty of quality performances at the cave and in the bars.
I'd like to know what the moaners have ever done to spread some joy to make so many people happy, and pm'ing the man to complain?? fucking tosspots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Gary wrote:
I wasn't at the gig...

I followed a car registration T999OON toward Castleton and was convinced it was you...

Sorry - getting my Garforth mixed up with Gosforth :oops:

Last edited by Poppy Dog on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Gary wrote:
I wasn't at the gig, but i'd go for quality over quantity anytime and from what i've read their was plenty of quality performances at the cave and in the bars.
I'd like to know what the moaners have ever done to spread some joy to make so many people happy, and pm'ing the man to complain?? fucking tosspots.

indeed, its unreal, these fuckers sit down spend time and energy setting up an account here, logging on just to RH about this shit. Pick your nose, pick your dogs nose have a wank whatever anything is more worthwhile and positive than being such a negative bollocks like that if they don't get it screw em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:36 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Poppy Dog wrote:
Gary wrote:
I wasn't at the gig...

I followed a car registration T999OON toward Castleton and was convinced it was you...

Sorry - getting my Garforth mixed up with Gosforth :oops:

:*: i'd pay good money for that reg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:56 pm 
Regular

Just wanted to add my thanks to Richard and all involved for a top night out. Fantastic atmosphere and a great setlist - as an event I would put it up there with the 2006 Christmas gig, which is probably my favourite gig ever.

Cheers Richard.

Pash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:03 pm 
Hawleytastic!

And can I add that I have loved reading every post about what sounds like a truly special night. I am envious that I wasn't there, but know that a genuinely great night was had by the vast, vast majority.

Richard, you made a pretty unique and very generous gesture last Friday and your true fans know that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:16 pm 
The Boss

i actually ha e to laugh about it really the messages were so pathetic..one was moaning about the shortness of the set and what a rip off they thought it was,the other was the same but moaned on forever i just deleted it and the other was how dare i play somewhere without disabled access :shock: its a fuckin cave...................... :shock:

right thats it i don't want to hear another word about it it was top we all had a boss time thanks for the overwhelming positive vibes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:18 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Zipped-lips here. :silent:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

Should we lock this thread?

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:21 pm 
The Boss

or start another or delete all the negative stuff,my fault really should have kept my mouth shut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:23 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Just wanted to add my 2 penneth on all this. This forum is an outlet for Richards fans to actually talk and feel a part of a big Hawley family. He is one of the few artists in this country and probably the world who takes time out to actually read the shyte we post and on occasions genuinely LISTENS to what his fans want. A lot of us have become and been treated nothing less than good, personal friends of Richards and I honestly hope 99% of you dont abuse this and hassle him for guest list and PM him to moan that his gig wasn't long enough, he didn't play your favourite song or to take advantage of his good nature by asking for signed photo's and shit.
At the end of the day this forum is meant to be a good laugh. an outlet for like minded fans to share experiences, stories etc ......and in some cases to offer support and friendship to each other. If you've got any complaints or gripes direct them to us Admin types as contrary to popular belief we do take your issues seriously and are not an exclusive clique. Many, many good things have come from this forum. Craig has worked his knackers of to raise a few thousand pounds all in the name of the Hawleyboard with money going to causes close to Richards heart.

Yes, there's been disagreements and fallings out.....not everyone in the world can get along. I for one have a purile, at times 'politically un-correct' sense of humour and the 'written' word can sometimes be misconstrued in the wrong way......so.......

Don't moan on to Richard (he's too busy counting his earnings!)

Dont be mortally wounded if at a freezing outdoor gig he cuts his set a little short.

Don't write to your MP if someone posts a picture of a pair of tits.

Make an effort to attend a meet-up or two to see the folks as they really are.

and dont kick the dog up the arse especially when your fingers are in it's mouth.

....oh, and who's buying me the live CD for christmas and a nice Aston Martin so that I can play it on the CD player?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:26 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Wasn't it people who don't normally come on here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:26 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

We had a great night in Castleton, i cant believe anyone has had a moan . I tell you what Mr Hawley i would have travelled and paid money to see you play Run for Me on its own let alone all the other great songs you played, and we got the added bonus of your mum and aunty as well, then onwards to the pubs to see some great performers and i got to say hello to you outside the castle, all this for a meagre price of £20 a ticket, you made Castleton as special as the city halls 2 years ago when you gave us a free silent night cd which a few of them have been sold on ebay tut tut they were for us fans to keep. A lot of the forum members, myself included mithered you to do something special for us at christmas, you listened to your fans and you delivered a special night which i shall remember for a long time. If the moaners havent put you off doing something special for us next chrimbo make sure you dont end up out of pocket, once again thanks for a great night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:35 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Dave wrote:
Just wanted to add my 2 penneth on all this. This forum is an outlet for Richards fans to actually talk and feel a part of a big Hawley family. He is one of the few artists in this country and probably the world who takes time out to actually read the shyte we post and on occasions genuinely LISTENS to what his fans want. A lot of us have become and been treated nothing less than good, personal friends of Richards and I honestly hope 99% of you dont abuse this and hassle him for guest list and PM him to moan that his gig wasn't long enough, he didn't play your favourite song or to take advantage of his good nature by asking for signed photo's and shit.
At the end of the day this forum is meant to be a good laugh. an outlet for like minded fans to share experiences, stories etc ......and in some cases to offer support and friendship to each other. If you've got any complaints or gripes direct them to us Admin types as contrary to popular belief we do take your issues seriously and are not an exclusive clique. Many, many good things have come from this forum. Craig has worked his knackers of to raise a few thousand pounds all in the name of the Hawleyboard with money going to causes close to Richards heart.

Yes, there's been disagreements and fallings out.....not everyone in the world can get along. I for one have a purile, at times 'politically un-correct' sense of humour and the 'written' word can sometimes be misconstrued in the wrong way......so.......

Don't moan on to Richard (he's too busy counting his earnings!)

Dont be mortally wounded if at a freezing outdoor gig he cuts his set a little short.

Don't write to your MP if someone posts a picture of a pair of tits.

Make an effort to attend a meet-up or two to see the folks as they really are.

and dont kick the dog up the arse especially when your fingers are in it's mouth.

....oh, and who's buying me the live CD for christmas and a nice Aston Martin so that I can play it on the CD player?

Well said Dave, oh i forgot to say in my post above yours, as an added bonus to the night i got to say hello to you :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:04 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Ignore those miserable bleeders Richard. I had a truly brilliant night. And normally at 2am I'm blithering on here - that night I was shaking hands with you, after witnessing a unique gig. That's priceless :thumright:

Oh, and look after that lergy :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next