Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:00 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Amazing and stunning! We didn't think anything could top the Lady's Bridge gig two years ago but tonight's did it! The songs from the new album were brilliant and Soldier On nearly took the roof off! I agree that it was wonderful to get Coles Corner as I thought he wasn't going to do it this time. Fantastic version of The Ocean as well.

Still floating somewhere up in the cosmos after a fantastic night!

Johnny NewEggs - I think I nearly bumped into you as I was ascending the stairs to get my bottle of Hendos after the show. Were you carrying a little girl?

:Hoorah :Hoorah

If you think you're too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:03 am 
Hawleytastic!

It was fabulous and did indeed knock the spots off any previous Hawley gig I've attended, and all the nicer for being so close to home. Without doubt, it was fantastic - vocally, technically, acoustically and just the general vibe amongst the audience (very mixed age group and all extremely appreciative). Coles Corner was a nice surprise and lots more banter than the other gigs ... what else can you do when you are amongst scousers! Lovely to meet up again with Susie, Takemeanywhere and Beaux Nidle and to meet Poppydog at last; Denise and I really enjoyed the company of Noblebones and friend, Steve :D

Last edited by Jan H on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:06 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Hi Jan

Sorry I missed you. It was a brilliant night wasn't it? Lovely atmosphere. Everyone smiled at everyone else. Total strangers were nice to each other. Why can't life always be like that?

Richard Hawley for Prime Minister!

If you think you're too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:07 am 
Hawleytastic!

:Hoorah Indeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 am 
Hawleytastic!

Mimithecat wrote:
Johnny NewEggs - I think I nearly bumped into you as I was ascending the stairs to get my bottle of Hendos after the show. Were you carrying a little girl?

Ah yes...our little Em was struggling by the end so she needed a carry to the car, despite The Ocean still blowing through her hair.

She loved the show. Her favourite was Remorse Code. When it began tonight, she turned to me and said 'Daddy, it's number 4!' (the track number on the album). I consequently forgot to pick up my Hendos. :cry:

We had a really great night. We're very lucky. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:17 am 
Site Admin

Wonderful gig, really pleased I came up for it. Soldier On is still my favourite track and the sound just gets better and better.

Huge pity so many people had to keep getting up and going out - they weren't bringing drinks back in and I can't believe everyone's bladders are that weak!

The Truelove's Gutter tour Hendos is now on sale as well.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:49 am 
Hawleytastic!

Nice to meet up with some of the Forum folk - Jan H Denise Noblebones and Steve...

As Johnny said earlier the Liverpool gig seemed more relaxed than Manchester - the audience was just up for it from the off - in the space of a few weeks all the 'new tracks' have become 'old favourites'...

I skipped off early as Samantha was ill and couldn't make the gig - so missed out on the encores - which was a pity - but we'll hopefully be back to see some more come December.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:17 am 
Newcomer

Yet another fantastic gig from Mr H. Soldier On, The Ocean and Open Up The Door being my personal faves, as for all the folks who kept getting up every five minutes, it wasn't for wee or drink breaks, it was for bloody smoking breaks!!! Give up the fags folks and enjoy the show. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:01 am 
Hawleytastic!

Don't You Cry sounded fab - thanks to Jan for calling and leaving the recording on my mobile :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:05 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

What a gig, fourth gig I've seen and perhaps the best, what a reception Mr H got, and rightly so. Didn't expect Run for Me at all, lovely version of one of my faves. I don't think there are many pleasures in modern music so fantastic as hearing Mr H take off at the end of The Ocean live.. I managed to get a setlist too, which is was very happy about.. don't leave it so long to come back next time, like people were shouting up, Liverpool loves you! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:25 pm 
Hawleytastic!

merseybeatle wrote:
What a gig........don't leave it so long to come back next time, like people were shouting up, Liverpool loves you! :D :D

You're right - the crowd loved it and I think Mr H loved it too. There was a real buzz. On the way out people were coo-ing about him and the band's standard of musicianship/expertise. It lacked a few of my favourite tunes, but I think it will rank as the best of the eight Hawley gigs I've been to..... :D :Hoorah ..>

P.S. Liverpool held the UK's gravel-gargling (or knicker-tossing) championships last night. Did you see who Hawley was up against at the Echo Arena?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:55 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
merseybeatle wrote:
What a gig........don't leave it so long to come back next time, like people were shouting up, Liverpool loves you! :D :D

You're right - the crowd loved it and I think Mr H loved it too. There was a real buzz. On the way out people were coo-ing about him and the band's standard of musicianship/expertise. It lacked a few of my favourite tunes, but I think it will rank as the best of the eight Hawley gigs I've been to..... :D :Hoorah ..>

P.S. Liverpool held the UK's gravel-gargling (or knicker-tossing) championships last night. Did you see who Hawley was up against at the Echo Arena?

hahaha yeh, I actually went to see Sir Tom on Friday in Manchester, he puts on a great show, albeit in a very different way to Mr H.. although it'd give the show a certain edge to see Mr H take on some Jones inspired dancing to Tonight the streets are ours :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:33 pm 
Newcomer

For those who don't check the 'live recordings' thread in MISC

Liverpool show now up

MP3: www.m1music.blogspot.com

FLAC: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=271876

Richard Hawley
Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool, England
Saturday 17th October 2009

01 - As The Dawn Breaks
02 - Ashes On The Fire
03 - Lady Solitude
04 - Hotel Room
05 - Soldier On
06 - The Sea Calls
07 - Tonight
08 - Open Up Your Door
09 - For Your Lover Give Some Time
10 - Remorse Code
11 - Run For Me
12 - Don't You Cry
ENCORE
13 - Don't Get Hung Up In Your Soul
14 - Coles Corner
15 - The Ocean

Source - AT831 > EDIROL R-09HR (Vol 48,Mic Gain hIGH, AGC OFF, Low Cut On) > Audition 3.0 (Normalise 65%, Hard Limit +6db,
Downsample 96/24>44/16) > CD Wave (Track Splits)

Support From: Smoke Fairies

Dazzer3435 recording Number 218

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:36 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

dazzer3435 wrote:
For those who don't check the 'live recordings' thread in MISC

Liverpool show now up

MP3: www.m1music.blogspot.com

FLAC: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=271876

Richard Hawley
Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool, England
Saturday 17th October 2009

01 - As The Dawn Breaks
02 - Ashes On The Fire
03 - Lady Solitude
04 - Hotel Room
05 - Soldier On
06 - The Sea Calls
07 - Tonight
08 - Open Up Your Door
09 - For Your Lover Give Some Time
10 - Remorse Code
11 - Run For Me
12 - Don't You Cry
ENCORE
13 - Don't Get Hung Up In Your Soul
14 - Coles Corner
15 - The Ocean

Source - AT831 > EDIROL R-09HR (Vol 48,Mic Gain hIGH, AGC OFF, Low Cut On) > Audition 3.0 (Normalise 65%, Hard Limit +6db,
Downsample 96/24>44/16) > CD Wave (Track Splits)

Support From: Smoke Fairies

Dazzer3435 recording Number 218

I'll have a bit of that, excellent, thanks! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:32 pm 
The Boss

Liverpool....i love you.......the end

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next