Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: bexhilleration
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

whats for tea wrote:
Took my 16 year old Prodigy loving son to the Bexhill show last night. He was almost in tears during The Ocean. He went home and found tabs to the song on some internet site and is now playing it. What a performance. The band were excellent and Richard was outstanding. A wonderful show.

Welcome to the forum - and glad your son liked the music - music being the operative word as opposed to The Prodigy! :*: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:55 pm 
Regular poster

Was at the gig last night,was lucky enough to get front row seats.Have to agree with all the comments so far,this was the best gig i have been to of Richards.The sound in the auditorium was amazing.the newer tracks really blew me away live and Richards voice just gets better and better. My fav on the night was,"for your lover give some time", shez is one hell of a guitarist,and also "run for me" with the new reworked beginning,would love to hear this on record sometime.thanks Richard and band a magical magical evening,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

There is a similar (but not quite the same) version of Run for Me on the Devils Arse soundtrack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:16 pm 
Newcomer

As they would say in Sheffield "F***ing brilliant"
In Bexhill we were a little more refined.
But you still rocked our sox off.
Keep Bexhill on the next tour schedule; parking is easy and free.
Thanks for a great show

C'n'J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:33 pm 
The Boss

thanks everyone for your kindness,we loved the gig last night,some of us drove home after the show to Sheffield so sorry we weren't around to say hello i loved your town nice place i will return one day :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 am 
Regular poster

The Baroness wrote:
There is a similar (but not quite the same) version of Run for Me on the Devils Arse soundtrack.
thank you, run for me has always been one of my favorites,when i heard Richard play it live recently on the Marc Riley show on the radio,just loved the haunting opening with just vocal and piano,so so beautiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:36 am 
Site Admin

Check the Songs section, downloads thread and the link to the Mark Riley stuff should still be live.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:47 am 
The Boss

for guitar fact fans by the way i wrote it on a spanish guitar,it was my dads and was tuned so that when you plated D it was actualy B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:34 am 
Newcomer

I travelled down from london to Bexhill - sorry to have missed Lisa Marie at the london gig but the performance more than made up for it. David Coulter is a great addition and the banter between songs gets me everytime.
really enjoyed Smoke Fairies too, i think they'll go far.

maybe one more date before the tour is over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:35 am 
Too much time on my hands

We had fantastic seats at Bexhill.Really fantastic and the best we have seen the boys on this tour so far.The crowd were top notch and there was something really enjoyable telling the band to ''Fuck Off !!''.
Excellent tour Richard and everyone connected with it.
Liverpool and Sheffield still to go for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:07 pm 
Newcomer

The subject has probably been tacked elsewhere on the forum, but I haven't seen it..does anyone know if Richard is due ot appear on this series of 'Later'? I know he is a favourite of Jools Holland & with the new album out now, surely it's gotta happen!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

The possibility of an appearance was mentioned last week but nothing had been firmed up.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:58 pm 
Newcomer

Thanks, that's good news..if it's being talked about, it's bound to happen! Hope the Musical Saw features!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:04 pm 
Newcomer

Thank you for putting on a great show at the De La Warr Pavillion on Friday, it was fantastic, well worth the travel although did not travel as far as we have done in the past, your shows are always such a pleasure to see, you never fail to please. A big thank you also for signing the photo's and CD covers, very much appreciated. Looking forward to the next one and hoping one day you may come to The Hawth in Crawley, West Sussex.
Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
thanks everyone for your kindness,we loved the gig last night,some of us drove home after the show to Sheffield so sorry we weren't around to say hello i loved your town nice place i will return one day :wink:

I agree, Bexhill is a great place. We stayed for 2 nights in an absolutely fabulous b&b and spent Saturday after the gig wandering round the town. Enjoyed the local ale basking in the scorching hot sun on the balcony of the De La Warr pavilion. Bliss.

What a shame the train journey back was not as enjoyable - bloody Sunday rail works on the Bexhill to London Victoria line and then Kings Cross to Edinburgh. GRRRRRRRR

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next