Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:29 pm 
Newcomer

Coolfrog wrote:
welcome nin!

Would that be steve as in our "cheers steve" Lane ?

Thanks

No its not Steve Lane, its another Hawley :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:28 am 
Regular poster

Have to agree with most of the folk on here. A great gig and although cold it was a fantastic setting. Its a true sign of dedication that so many people travelled many miles in crap weather conditions to get there. An encore in any other circumstances would have happened but it was so cold and i think people needed to get in the warm and once the music came on that was the signal to head for the warmth of the pub. We couldn't stay long in the Castle as we were staying in Taddington and had to get back to meet our friend who kindly put us up for the night. Great to meet Lofty and Shambolic Charm and I think I saw Alf Button wearing a smart hat (not a woolly one) i and I think we stood next to The Baroness and Longpigsdad in the Castle after. I was the one warming his nuts next to the open fire. I would have said hi but once we had thawed out had to leave. Sounds like you all got back home safely so lets look forward to the next gig where we can clap without sounding like applauding penguins.
Bit of a bummer missing the smoke fairies elf set in the pub but I think I had long gone. Thanks Richard and the band for turning out, my daughter and boyfriend saw you for the first time and loved it. 2 more to the fold
Have a Happy Christmas Richard :Hoorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:25 am 
Hawleytastic!

Little Dickie wrote:
Longpig wrote:
Dawoodcock wrote:
Little Dickie wrote:
Mrs Little Dickie & I have serious hangovers today,probably due to the fact we arrived in Castleton at 1pm and called in nearly every pub in town,but ultimately the blame must lie with Mr & Mrs Longpigsdad for having Longpig ,who kept us up way past our bedtime :wink:

cpaws wrote:
Early to bed tonight, suffering somewhat from over indulgence, i take no responsibility for this and i also blame Longpig!

Bit of a theme going on here, anyone else want to blame the Longpigs for their hangover? :wink:

Can I blame myself for my hangover? :wink:

AND if you thought Friday was bad, last night my dad ended up with a drag queen on his knee and 1am!! hahaha! :-D

And yes I took a pic of the "event"

LP :Oink:

No,you can't blame yourself,your hangover was all my fault :wink:

Hahaha!
Sorry I missed this comment yesterday!

But yes I secretly blamed you for my hangover too! :P
Great to meet you and Mrs Little Dickie!!

LP :Oink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:51 pm 
The Boss

thanks once again to everyone who came along that is pretty hardcore to have to stand in a freezing cave for a couple of hours,not sure if i will do it again maybe something else next year.............all done for the year now,got back safe and sound from a brilliant night in Belfast........merry christmas to one and all :rendeer: :santa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Glad you got back safely :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:59 pm 
The Boss

not as glad as i am i was really worried we wouldn't make it they closed the runway for a while but all ok now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Stay safe and warm now, Richard...been a busy year..... I found you and that has made my year!

Merry Christmas to all my new friends..hope to see more of you next year.....x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:23 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Phew glad you got back ok :D bet you cannot wait for a nice family Christmas! I can't, my sons second one am so excited it's untrue :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:37 pm 
Newcomer

Hi all,
my 1st post on here, hello folks!
I managed to snag the 2nd row from the front for this wonderful, amazing and moving gig, my first of Richard's.
My wife and I had been struggling to get into the Christmas spirit for a while before the gig, but after driving 200miles back up to my lovely S.Yorkshire and across to Castleton all the crap just died away - man, wasn't it just lovely??? A magical, moving, & exciting night of beautiful music in a very special place.
I took a cd sleeve and pen with me to try and get an autograph at some point, but after passing Richard in the village about 4pm, seeing him hang about before the gig (and getting asked not to hassle him by a roadie), then the same again after the gig I was hoping to see him in the boozer and swap him a pint for an autograph - it was not to be, we must've been in the wrong pub!
Richard - I just read here you were thinking of maybe doing something else next year...? How about keeping the cave gig for a Summer's night? :D God knows how you played that long, man!
Some pics:

I over-exposed this pic to try and give people a bit of an idea of the surroundings, unfortunately Richard's head has turned into a white blob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
thanks once again to everyone who came along that is pretty hardcore to have to stand in a freezing cave for a couple of hours,not sure if i will do it again maybe something else next year.............all done for the year now,got back safe and sound from a brilliant night in Belfast........merry christmas to one and all :rendeer: :santa:

You must do it again! The whole scenario of the Gig, Castleton and Christmas are just so special it must become an annual event!
The extreme cold this year was unusual but it didn't spoil it (except for the muffled clapping!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

orby - I think you were sat in front of me - Apologies if I caught you with my telephoto at any point. Looked to me like you were using a Canon G9 if I'm not mistaken (or a G10 - it was dark - I don't think it was the G11, because there wasn't a flip-out screen) They've come out well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:30 pm 
Hawleytastic!

My post about the Gig is a little late but I have been recovering slowly from the weekend. I have also consulted my PR manager and lawyer about all the allegations on the Forum about the Longpig family leading forum members astray i.e. late nights and excessive alcohol consumption. This has caused the whole family much distress and we have gone into hiding. Mrs LPD is having therapy as I write. :? :D

The gig was really good and only the sub-zero temperature made it a little challenging this year. Clearly the central heating wasn't working. A bit of "Jimmy Shand" music could have been useful before and in between artistes to help keep the crowd active?

Good to meet up with so many Forum members in the Castle although my failing hearing embarrased me yet again. Someone came upto me and I thought he said "I've a little dickie". Being considerate I said "Don't worry mate it was cold in that cave tonight". "No" he said I'm Little Dickie off the Forum. (Oops :oops: ) Anyway as it turned out Mr and Mrs Little Dickie were very charming people (but along with others that from the Hawley Forum) were very heavy drinkers and led my shy, teetotal son Longpig into bad ways and then subsequently shifted the blame for their excesses onto the Longpig family!! :shock:

AN APOLOGY
Mrs LPD has asked me to apologise on her behalf for her behaviour in the Castle and Bulls Head after the Gig. The slurred speech, the talking gibberish, inability to stand unaided and a perpondency to randomly hug forum members was entirely down to a medical condition. Following Mrs LPD's "Fat Fighters Turbo Diet" (It consisted of only a smoothie made from prunes, syrup of figs and caster oil) her dramatic 50% weight loss (15 stones) necessitated her taking suplements which reacted to the cold air in the cave and brought on the these side effects. Mrs LPD wishes it be made very clear that alcohol was NOT involved.

Regarding the allegation that on Saturday night in Castleton I had a Santa Claus tranvestite sat on my lap I wish to refute this most strongly. What actually occurred was that I went into a hall along the main Castleton road where an Organ recital and Carol singing evening was being held. Whilst drinking a glass of mulled herbal tea a young lady, dressed in a Santa's outfit came into the hall in a distressed state. She had lost her Rudolph. I comforted her whilst she sat on my knee. This was a simple act of human kindness that has somehow been turned into something unseemly and sordid. This is again another attack on the Longpig family and I am sure when the photgraphs are published I will be vindicated. (This may take a while because the police still have them).

Any way it was a wonderful weekend even including the eight mile walk up and over the "Great Ridge" on Saturday which although a struggle at times was well worth it for the fantastic views. :D

Merry Christmas and a Peacful New Year! :santa:
LPD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I don't mean to offend, but it looks like Richard is wearing about 6 jumpers, and a hot water bottle underneath his coat :*: Does anyone actually know what the temperature was in the cave this year? Richard could have set a record by doing the coldest ever UK gig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:03 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Somebody said that it was a constant -3 degrees C?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Longpigsdad wrote:
Regarding the allegation that on Saturday night in Castleton I had a Santa Claus tranvestite sat on my lap....

This was just released from the police...... it is editted to partially hide the identity of the people involved....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next