Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:36 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:
Where are you staying Steve? I haven't had responses to any of my enquiries - they all want 2 nights!

We are booked in for two nights. Marc did the telephoning tonight but he asked for two nights (We like Castleton!). We are booked in the Cheshire Cheese. Think there were two rooms still availble as at 21.45 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hmmm I sent them an enquiry but they haven't bothered to get back to me - I'll call in the morning!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

NICE ONE!! :-DDDDD

I thought I wasn't going to see Richard play this year, so VERY good news!!!

LP

:Oink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:01 am 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:
Hmmm I sent them an enquiry but they haven't bothered to get back to me - I'll call in the morning!

I just called them direct, sometimes the old fashioned approach works, not sure the web and castleton mix too well!!

There is a wedding on the weekend of the gig so there was only 3 rooms left when I called. So if you're quick you can book the last remaining room which is a twin.

LP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:32 am 
The Boss

I am glad this has been announced at last i knew a while back but couldn't say owt,i hope to make it as special as last year but you can't ever caqpture the past so it might be a little bit different i am planning(if they can make it)some guest appearences but not promising Dave call me please,i can't send PM's anymore or get them as i have let me inbox fill so numpties can't send me messages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:45 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
I am glad this has been announced at last i knew a while back but couldn't say owt,i hope to make it as special as last year but you can't ever caqpture the past so it might be a little bit different i am planning(if they can make it)some guest appearences but not promising

Well I would be glad if it was (a bit) different. That's what made it special last year!!

Looking forward to it, and just over a month to wait! :)

LP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:47 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
some guest appearences but not promising Dave call me please,

Any guesses who may be appearing in the pubs after? Could be the return of Bastard Horse?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:55 am 
Hawleytastic!

Longpig wrote:
There is a wedding on the weekend of the gig so there was only 3 rooms left when I called. So if you're quick you can book the last remaining room which is a twin.

I think I'm jinxed with this one - it took three calls to get them to answer then they didn't have the accommodation book so I have to call back in an hour. I shall be out in an hour's time - our firm aren't marking the two minutes silence (it's optional and no announcements :roll: ) so I'm off out to Liverpool Street Station to mark it properly.

Does this pub want the business or not!! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:22 am 
Too much time on my hands

Anyone know if it is easily walkable to where the gig will be if I get a wheelchair up to the cave? I can walk about 50 yards or so. I have emailed them but don't know when they will reply and I recall tickets selling out v quickly last year.
I hope I can find somewhere that does only one night cos I've got a John Cooper clarke xmas special to go to the next day in my hometown!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:49 am 
Hawleytastic!

Finally got accommodation - Cheshire Cheese constantly engaged so in Ye Old Nags Head - but we have to pay for two nights accommodation instead of one :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:29 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Shambolic Charm wrote:
Anyone know if it is easily walkable to where the gig will be if I get a wheelchair up to the cave? I can walk about 50 yards or so. I have emailed them but don't know when they will reply and I recall tickets selling out v quickly last year.

There's a pathway that runs from the entrance up the side of the seated area and looks down over where the 'stage' was. A lot of people watched from there. From what i remember you'd probably get a wheelchair up there ok and would have a decent view too.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:
Finally got accommodation - Cheshire Cheese constantly engaged so in Ye Old Nags Head - but we have to pay for two nights accommodation instead of one :?

Sorry to hear about the problems with the Cheshire Cheese, I got through straight away at about 9:30pm last night and the lady was very helpful!

Must be a different quality of staff on in the mornings! ;-) Either that or they're too busy to care about bookings at that time! :)

LP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:

The Nags was my favourite pub last year - actually they were all my favourite - the Landlord / Manager looks just like Father Christmas if my memory serves me well...

I reckon everywhere does the min 2 night thing at weekends now in the 'pretty' places.

I'll be smiling for you lot come the 18th :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:37 pm 
Regular

GREAT STUFF...after missing 3 gigs this year when i had tickets....Manchester...York and Nottingham...I am finally off work for this one....Superb last year...cannot wait....now to sort me hotel out.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:41 pm 
day after my birthday this gig..might pop over and say hello.. was there last year, bloody cold but ..truely my fav gig of all time :rendeer:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 34  Next