Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:59 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Pocket...thank you for the fab pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:33 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Brilliant gig. :D Great company with the other hawleyboarders. :D

Ran into Jarvis whilst coming down the stairs, which was nice. Might send him a message to do a shout out on his show. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:28 pm 
The Boss

thanks everyone for a lovely evening i am looking forward to playing there again one day,i am sorry i had to shoot off straight after the gig but i had a 6am start for the telly thing in the morning and i just went straight to bed.............also david couldn't play with us as he's in Australia.....he will be back at the later part of the european dates hopefully.........thanks again for a boss night ..>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:38 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Well worth the wait and such a great venue - Richard does have a habit of picking the good ones. Funniest moment for me was when Richard mentioned getting a shag and it seemed that most of the females in the place went in to fits of giggles. Christ, it was just like being back in school. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:49 pm 
Newcomer

Really enjoyed the show last night :D We only got tickets after ringing the RFH on the off chance that someone would've returned some after the re-scheduling, and we got 8 rows from the front, just to one side of centre! ACE!!
One thing though - did anyone else think that in the louder sections, the sound tended to kind of 'break up'? In the bits where everyone was playing the bollocks out of their instrument all at once, it got so that in the 'wall of noise' I could barely pick out Richard's guitar solos, which he was obviously enjoying! It was just like a cacophany (sp?) of noise, in which individual sounds were completely lost.
I've not had that happen at other gigs in the RFH, so I don't think it was just the venue.
I LOVED the quieter ones, just that lovely rich voice, the xylophone sound on the keyboard, the brushes on the drums..... absolutely LOVELY. I got goosebumps on 'Hushabye'. :D
Thanks for a top night, Mr Hawley!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:56 pm 
Newcomer

And another thing....
Hey Richard - have you ever thought about changing the order of your set list so you can keep the same guitar for 2 songs running? :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:54 pm 
Regular poster

Funny, i've thought that about changing the guitars - clearly we are more lazy individuals than RH!

I was sat on the front row, literally directly in front of the speakers and I did think I probably would have had more clarity of sound a bit further away as the bass was shaking me in my seat! However, I still thought it was totally fantasitc and have concluded I could listen to RH play the triangle and I'd love it.

I didn't think I'd make this gig after the date was rescheduled as I had an op on Thursday, however I couldn't bear the thought of not being there so got myself together and made the journey. Most people think I'm insane as it was quite a big op, but I'm so glad I did....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:00 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

well done Gloria, glad you made it and hope your recovery is all the quicker for a Hawley night :oops:
It is a good point re the sound in the "loud bits". I guess the hall is designed principally for orchestral stuff and so RH and Co belting the bo&&ocks out of everything is always going to be a challenge.
My first ever Hawleygig was at Chalk Farm Roundhouse and the sound was exquisite. I wonder whether the RAH might be a better bet in future or maybe a week's residency at Chalk Farm -oh lordy lordy would need to take a week off !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

SarahaWilson wrote:
Brilliant gig. :D Great company with the other hawleyboarders. :D

Ran into Jarvis whilst coming down the stairs, which was nice. Might send him a message to do a shout out on his show. 8)

Now there's a coincidence! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 pm 
Regular poster

ooohhh yes, defo better for it. I declare that Richard Hawley should be available on prescription for all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:50 pm 
Regular poster

Stunning sound at the RFH, although sat under the balcony towards back could here some of the structure 'buzzing' in't loud bits.
Could have done without Lost Bros mind - wandered off to find ice cream - not Haagen Daaz (missed opportunity there?). Stunning hot salt beef sarnies though btw.
Unforgettable gig - utterly perfect (apart from the few wonky piano notes in Run For Me :wink: ).

Twelvety out of ten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

arne saknussen wrote:
Well worth the wait and such a great venue - Richard does have a habit of picking the good ones. Funniest moment for me was when Richard mentioned getting a shag and it seemed that most of the females in the place went in to fits of giggles. Christ, it was just like being back in school. :roll:

Typical blokes, it always has to involve shagging :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:56 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

nowt wrong with that Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

:roll: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:22 pm 
The Boss

thanks everyone especially Gloria i hope it doesn't affect your speedy recovery :wink:

i would also like to add special thanks to the Lost Brothers and Neil McSweeney for their brilliant performances too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next