Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:40 pm 
Regular

Great show last night in Barcelona!!! No doubt about it... ;o)
The sound was perfect & the band was in top form!! I even enjoyed a lot the support band!
It was wonderful to listen to the new songs live, they sound fantastic!!!! "Soldier On" and "Open Up Your Door" really blew us away! It was great to listen to some old favourite classics like "Coles Corner", "Run For Me" and "Oh My Love" (I guess the guys will remember this specially due to a minor technical problem that was professionally solved without affecting the song, or the audience hardly noticing... though Richard & Shez looked quite concerned for it... but it turned out fine in the end!!). Also loved listening to "Hushabye Mountain" and "Crawfish" (what a beautiful rendition!)... and the perfect end of all with "The Ocean".
Though I have to say that I missed a bit of the warmer feeling of Richard's previous concerts here... Maybe it was just me and I guess in part it had to do with the venue (not my favourite in town) because people really enjoyed, being really respectful with the quieter songs and cheering up a lot after the rockier ones... Anyway...

Thanks so much to Richard and the band for playing so wonderfully!!!!!!
Muchas gracias!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Some pictures here -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scanner-fm/4363788586/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:16 pm 
Newcomer

Cristina wrote:
Great show last night in Barcelona!!! No doubt about it... ;o)
The sound was perfect & the band was in top form!! I even enjoyed a lot the support band!
It was wonderful to listen to the new songs live, they sound fantastic!!!! "Soldier On" and "Open Up Your Door" really blew us away! It was great to listen to some old favourite classics like "Coles Corner", "Run For Me" and "Oh My Love" (I guess the guys will remember this specially due to a minor technical problem that was professionally solved without affecting the song, or the audience hardly noticing... though Richard & Shez looked quite concerned for it... but it turned out fine in the end!!). Also loved listening to "Hushabye Mountain" and "Crawfish" (what a beautiful rendition!)... and the perfect end of all with "The Ocean".
Though I have to say that I missed a bit of the warmer feeling of Richard's previous concerts here... Maybe it was just me and I guess in part it had to do with the venue (not my favourite in town) because people really enjoyed, being really respectful with the quieter songs and cheering up a lot after the rockier ones... Anyway...

Thanks so much to Richard and the band for playing so wonderfully!!!!!!
Muchas gracias!!!!!!

I completely agree.

Looking forward to see RH live again!