Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:18 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

haven't got the hang of this quoting lark, hence the previous post... sorry :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

I've also been advised that being given a ticket does NOT guarantee you will get in. They give out more tickets than seats because not everyone turns up. It's first come first served.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:34 pm 
Regular

I just got mine via email!! :D

These are the terms and conditions I recieved:

S TICKET DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION
COMPLIMENTARY TICKET NOT FOR SALE
Terms & Conditions
This is your official BBC eTicket so please make sure you print it off and bring it with you on the evening!
Venue: The Radio Theatre
Address: Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA
Nearest tube: Oxford Circus.
Admission on site from:7:45pm
Admission to studio from:8:45pm
Recording starts:9:15pm
Minimum Age:16
Dress code: Relaxed & Informal
Bar available: YES
Show: THE VERB
Please take a few moments to read the all the information carefully and bear in mind that by accepting a ticket you're agreeing to our terms and conditions.
We want coming to see a BBC show to be an exciting and unique experience, so here are a few things to help you enjoy it.
1. Admission is on a first-come-first-served basis. As not everyone who asks for tickets uses them, so to make sure we have a full house we send out more
tickets than there are places. We do our best to get the numbers right, but unfortunately we occasionally have to disappoint people. We can't guarantee that
you'll get in.
2. You'll need to have your eTicket validated when you arrive - we usually put a numbered sticker on it. If you're not sure what to do when you arrive, speak to
one of our studio audience team who'll be happy to help you.
3. At some venues you'll need to go through airport styled security checks. Please do not bring sharp implements such as penknives, forks etc. Bring as little
as possible with you so we don't keep you waiting and remember that you won't be allowed to take photos or use recording equipment in the studio.
4. If you need help with access please let us know as soon as possible. At all venues we welcome assistance dogs and at most venues we offer wheelchair
access, adapted toilets, induction loops, sign language interpretation and car parking for orange badge holders. Some of these need to be booked in
advance so please let us know by calling 0370 901 1227. Please be aware smoke effects, strobe lighting, lasers and loud noises may be used in the studio.
5. As part of our studio audience you'll make a major contribution to the show. You may see yourself on screen and it'll be your applause or laughter that you'll
hear. To make sure everyone has a great time we'll ask people to leave if they interrupt or disrupt the show or behave in a way likely to cause damage, injury,
nuisance or annoyance. The BBC reserves the right to refuse admission.
6. Now and again we have to cancel or change bookings. If this happens, we'll do all we can to give you plenty of notice, but we can't be held responsible for
any expenses you have in getting to us.
7. Before you set out we recommend you call us on 0370 901 1227 or go to www.bbc.co.uk/tickets to check that your show is going ahead at the time and
venue on your eTicket. If you have any other questions you can speak to one of our team on the same number.
We hope you enjoy the show!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:36 pm 
Hawleytastic!

So have I - excellent! :D :D :D :D

I'm a bit upset I'm not allowed to take a fork though :? :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Me too so if anyone was not successful I have a spare ticket.

Edit - ticket now gone to eezer.

Last edited by Dawoodcock on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:49 pm 
Hawleytastic!

In that case, so do I! :*: Eeezer and Mrs Eeezer, did you apply, did you want a ticket each?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:54 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

The Baroness wrote:
In that case, so do I! :*: Eeezer and Mrs Eeezer, did you apply, did you want a ticket each?

Hello Baroness! I did try to apply but had no luck. Yes please, would love the tickets. Very kind of you to offer. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Excellent, it's a deal! :D

Do you want to PM me your email address and I'll forward the email to you when I get home tonight? I think we'll all have to meet up so you go in with the "named" person, but I'll check that when I get home tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:06 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

pm sent. many thanks again :D

Post subject: The Verb
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:29 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Got ours too! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:17 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Got my email today after seeing everyone's posts.... :D although I've now discovered my daughter has a review evening (aka parents evening) one Friday in May .. hope its not this one :cry: if it is I'll let you all know in case I can pass the tickets on....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:34 pm 
Regular

Anyone want to go to the recording at the Radio Theatre, I have a spare ticket, cheers Shell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:58 am 
Regular

ShellyBean wrote:
Anyone want to go to the recording at the Radio Theatre, I have a spare ticket, cheers Shell.

I have spares too!
Just PM me :smurfin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

Just got this from the BBC - anyone got any good ideas of words to be submitted??????

Dear Verb Audience Member,

We're looking forward to seeing you in the Radio Theatre on Friday night! It's going to be a great show, with music from Richard Hawley, poetry from Simon Armitage, a brand new short story from Louise Doughty, and print-based performance from The Henningham Family Press.

We're writing today to give you the chance to influence what happens on stage on Friday night. All you have to do is write to us at theverb@bbc.co.uk telling us your favourite word. We'll then pass these on to The Henningham Family Press to print, live on stage before your very eyes!

Send us your favourite words before 6th May and you could see them rolling off the press on Friday night.

Best wishes,
The Verb Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:59 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

How about "discombobulated"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next