Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:50 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Richard Hawley wrote:
right i am off in a bit to the mojo effort,i am excited not cos of the awards as such although that is nice obviously,but because today.........i get to meet and chat with and hopefully later play guitar with Duane Eddy,he is using my very own Duane Eddy signature guitar i bought many years ago,i am buzzin already i won't be able to post for a few days as i am busy friday and i fly sunday,will try saturday but might be off with the family somewhere anyway,i am chuffed to bits to have been nominated,that is enough for me thank you

tarraImage

Is this a work trip Richard?; (being nosey like) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:42 pm 
The Boss

sort of,i can't really say too much but i think there will be somethings happening with the two of us.

Sorry my post re the mojo's was so short i was really tired and i went off for a sleep,it was a great night,i met the legendary Teardrop Explodes minus Cope Balfe's classic about Cope was "when will he learn to accept his award"which made everyone laugh,i also spent time with Tony Christie,Low Anthem,Anne McGarrigle,Emmylou Harris who were really lovely,Mani(love that man)kasabian(one of the nicest sets of lads i've met for a long time)The Jim Jones revue(again top set of lads)Duane(a lot of time together including most of the following day in the pub)meeting a couple of Hawkwind was fun too,shook hands with Chip Taylor and Jimmy Page,i gave him his award back as he had misplaced it........there were many more meetings but i find its all a bit of a blur :roll: but once again thanks to Mojo,and its readers more importantl, and ta to you lot as well much appreciated :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:56 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
sort of,i can't really say too much but i think there will be somethings happening with the two of us.

Sorry my post re the mojo's was so short i was really tired and i went off for a sleep,it was a great night,i met the legendary Teardrop Explodes minus Cope Balfe's classic about Cope was "when will he learn to accept his award"which made everyone laugh,i also spent time with Tony Christie,Low Anthem,Anne McGarrigle,Emmylou Harris who were really lovely,Mani(love that man)kasabian(one of the nicest sets of lads i've met for a long time)The Jim Jones revue(again top set of lads)Duane(a lot of time together including most of the following day in the pub)meeting a couple of Hawkwind was fun too,shook hands with Chip Taylor and Jimmy Page,i gave him his award back as he had misplaced it........there were many more meetings but i find its all a bit of a blur :roll: but once again thanks to Mojo,and its readers more importantly, and ta to you lot as well much appreciated :wink:

Hope your trip is thoroughly enjoyable - you're going to miss some of that football that you were hoping to see though!

Is there just one award for you or do the others get a "mini mojo" for their contributions as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:08 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I'm a bit slow on the uptake :oops: and just found out this morning (had a bit of a mad week) and would just like to add my piece really, just to say congratulations Richard, this is sooooo well deserved, an absolute classic album ( if we can still call it that? ) which will still stand out in years to come. I have to say that I finally got hold of your first EP a couple of weeks ago (pretty hard to come by) and thoroughly enjoying that too at the moment... what with that and False Lights From the Land I'm in Hawley Heaven!! Lovely stuff and thanks for such sublime tunes..... they say better late than never and I'm sure this will be the first of many. thank you x :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:50 pm 
The Boss

only one award is given

thanks for all your nice comments and your continuing support it is so much appreciated and valued by me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:16 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Congratulations!! - hope you enjoyed the limo ride :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:51 pm 
The Boss

wot limmo ride? :eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

My cousin used to be guitar tech for The Young Knives. He said that when they were nominated for a Mercury Music Prize they had to get there of their own accord and then the organisers drove them round from the back door of the venue to the red carpeted entrance in a limo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:10 pm 
Regular poster

Only just found out today but congratulations on a thoroughly well deserved award.

We all know here that Truelove's Gutter is a masterpiece but it's a nice reminder that when an artist sticks his/her neck out and does something out of the ordinary (and with record company approval), it not only turns out to be amazing but a critical success too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:35 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Mark wrote:
Only just found out today but congratulations on a thoroughly well deserved award.

We all know here that Truelove's Gutter is a masterpiece but it's a nice reminder that when an artist sticks his/her neck out and does something out of the ordinary (and with record company approval), it not only turns out to be amazing but a critical success too.

Hear Hear! Well said Mark. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2010/06/ ... _2010.html

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That's sweet - beer can and all! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Such and old smoothie! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:33 pm 
The Boss

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That's so cool! Very well deserved and good on Mojo for recognising it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next