Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:00 am 
Too much time on my hands

Woodseats Traffic Jam wrote:
Quote:
over roof states
OK, OK, I know! I must be more excited than I first thought.
See you tonight.

me too, Norma is going to be joined by her daughter Eliza Carthy, I really hope they play some numbers from Gift and as for the fabulousness that is Mr Hawley......surely the Ocean will be on the setlist tonight!!
We are in for a real treat people, hope you all get there safely and looking forward to meeting some new folks and catching up with others Xx

Last edited by Bradford Lass on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:41 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Bradford Lass wrote:
......surely the Ocean will be on the setlist tonight!!

Didn't get The Ocean at Milton Keynes or Buxton.....so still haven't seen
it live............ :(

Fingers crossed, third time lucky for tonight. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Any idea at what time Norma & Richards sets are? For those of you already in Brid.

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:15 am 
Hawleytastic!

A fantastic night folks, nice to meet some new faces as well as a lovely not so new :D
Setlist, not much deviation from recent gigs here goes
Dawn
Lady S
Hotel Room
Soldier On
Coles Corner
Open Up
Oh My Love
Run For Me
Don't You Cry
Ocean

Post subject: missed gig
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:52 am 
Regular poster

:twisted: :x :twisted: missed the bridlington gig due to the buckin world wide recession that is hitting our fair shores, sounds like a great gig. bugger, bugger, and double buggery :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:42 pm 
Regular

It was a great night indeed. Richard and the guys were fantastic - I couldn't believe the technical brilliance of the guitar playing by Richard and Shez. Also met some really fab people off the forum too!

Fish, chips, peas, a bottle of Villa Maria, several pints, new friends and all topped up with a wonderful set from Richard and the band - WOW! It doesn't get much better than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:16 pm 
The Boss

thank you to the folks in Brid,we had a great time,would have played longer but there was a fairly strict time slot.......i really enjoyed seeing `Norma and Eliza and little Flo too...........didn't have time for fish and chips but there is always next time thanks once again for making the last gig(up to now)of the year a great one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:17 pm 

Yet another absolutely fantastic gig - totally mesmerising, spellbinding stuff and so glad we got the chance to go. I was a bit apprehensive as festivals are not my cup of tea but it was brilliant and so glad I went. I was also blown away by Norma Waterson and Eliza Carthy - what fabulous voices and my God, can't she play that fiddle! I reckon that baby's gonna be born dancing!

Visited Staithes, Whitby and Filey along the way - all lovely places, especially Staithes though unfortunately Cod and Lobster was closed all day Thursday so we couldn't partake. We will definitely be going back there - why bother going abroad when we have such wonderful places here?

I feel really lucky to have seen a great gig yet again - 9 to date and never been disappointed yet! Thank you and keep doing what you're doing Mr H & the Band - it works every time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:24 pm 

I'm still floating....what an amazing night, Norma and Eliza were angels, we told them so when they joined us in the audience for Richard's set, what an amazing pair of ladies they are, shame about the knob heads who chattered all the way through despite being asked not to before they started singing.

As for the man himself and the band, well they were spot on, I was sweating for him at one stage because I knew there was something not right with his guitar and the there was a solo coming up, the 'best guitar tech in his price bracket' saved the day.
Thankyou again for a wonderful wonderful night, we found a great cafe by the lighthouse in Flamborough and had an amazing cooked breakfast, then we went for a walk this morning to try find your plastic spider but sadly it was no-where to be seen.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:26 pm 

P.S

Richard Hawley wrote:
thanks once again for making the last gig(up to now)of the year a great one

You're such a tease! :wink:

Post subject: music port festival
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:58 pm 
Regular

Yeah was great gig Bradford Lass!Tried to PM you Friday afternoon before we left but not sure you would get it.
We too took a trip to Flamboro Head Sat morning and had a coffee in the Cliffs End Cafe!!Followed by a walk on the beach to take some fotie`s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:41 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Bradford Lass wrote:
I'm still floating....what an amazing night, Norma and Eliza were angels, we told them so when they joined us in the audience for Richard's set, what an amazing pair of ladies they are, shame about the knob heads who chattered all the way through despite being asked not to before they started singing.

As for the man himself and the band, well they were spot on, I was sweating for him at one stage because I knew there was something not right with his guitar and the there was a solo coming up, the 'best guitar tech in his price bracket' saved the day.
Thankyou again for a wonderful wonderful night, we found a great cafe by the lighthouse in Flamborough and had an amazing cooked breakfast, then we went for a walk this morning to try find your plastic spider but sadly it was no-where to be seen.....

I'm intrigued :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21 am 
Hawleytastic!

Sounds as though I missed a good one? .....next time ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:36 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

loftyeric2 wrote:
Bradford Lass wrote:

I'm intrigued :*:

Richard told a story about how he used to come to Brid with his family, and his nan bought him a rubber spider, which he lost on the beach. And if anyone found it, to give it back as it was (fuckin)his.
Hope this clarifies things Lofty!
Another great night, made the mad dash through the traffic, rain and darkness to Brid all worthwhile. Shame such a tight time slot though, not much time for the usual between songs banter... Soldier on, Run to Me, Oh my Love and Ocean all present, correct and brilliant. Thanks Richard and the boys, it was great.
Stayed in a hotel by the harbour, very comfy and great breakfast. No fish and chips though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jan H wrote:
Sounds as though I missed a good one? .....next time ....

You did Jan & were very much missed as indeed were quite a few of the regulars. It sounds encouraging for another gig this year from the Boss so fingers crossed :Hoorah :eh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next