All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:07 pm 
The Boss

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Crap road networks and tendency to top yourself discussed on tedium thread with fellow yokel type Jane. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:54 pm 
Regular poster

Just got back from Milton Keynes. What a strange place?! We initially checked in to our hotel which was a pub that looked like noone had been to since 1964 and then promptly checked out again - absoloutly horrific accommodation, stank of damp, no proper shower, mouldy floor, etc. Don't even care if they charge me, it just wasn't habitable. Mean't we had to find emergency accommodation, which fortunately we did in a very nice Premier Inn (the last room by all accounts, so we were lucky), however situation meant we had no time to eat, though did manage to nab the last tuna roll at the venue which we shared, so that plus the drink seemed to do a job.

Venue itself was fantastic, as someone else has said, the staff were lovely, and most importantly Richard and the music was just bloody ace. So great to hear some different stuff, loved Streets, Serious etc. Just had massive grin on my face from begining to end. Fab anniversary treat, it really was, even without food. All the crowd seemed to really love it and there was a lot of people standing cheering pre and post encore.

Met a nice couple of girls who had travelled from the Isle of Wight as well who we hooked up with for taxis back and forth to venue, although the one girl who was a massive fan can't seem to get on to the forum, so I said I would post to see if anyone could offer her any help. Basically I think she has had problems with her user name and password and seems to have got mixed up with them, but can't recover the situation. She has even changed her email address to try and get on, but this hasn't worked either - is there anyone who can advise what she can do, i.e. is there someone she can email outside the forum for help? I have her email address so I can let her know if someone can help. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

If you have her e-mail address can you let me know and I will contact her and sort this out. Thanks Gloria.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:50 pm 
Regular poster

Thanks - I've just sent you an email with the email address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:16 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Sounds like a fantastic gig, although good job i didn't attempt it by the sounds of things, i'm no good driving to new places at the best of times and MK sounds pretty horrendous! Haven't seen Richard and the band since the RFH gig in January and getting withdrawal symptoms. Good luck this weekend at Lattitude!! x :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

bloody crackin night I only wish it was possible to identify some of the other boarders when you don't know any. Top seat next to a lass who had come from IOW down at the front with the noisy lady behind. When Richard introduced Serious and referred to f***ing the manikin and she said "wish I was the manikin" I swear I never thought I'd see the day Richard was lost for words.
Belter of a setlist all the lads on top form and Dave on the violin seems to be an easy addition to the band. I wonder how much of it was off the cuff as there was no setlist available when I asked afterwards ????
Agree with all comments about the venue - the only negative was the pain in the ar$e hitler who would not stop walking around trying to stop people, using............binoculars and stuff. He couldn't seem to understand about phones that don't ring or need a flash. A...hole.
Thanks to the band and team. I wish I could have some of that flu Richard's got - truly you were on top form mate. Ta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:25 pm 
Regular poster

ah - so it was you who was sat next to IOW girls - they told me they were sat next to someone from the forum.

Sorry to say jamesy that you must have been a bit slow on the uptake with the old set list situation - I have one! I did contemplate giving it to the IOW fan, but it has my wedding anniversary date on it so I decided against it in the end - possibly a bit selfish, but hey ho. (I already have one from RFH framed!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Gloria - you know the right people to talk to :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:38 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

chumley wrote:
You must be the first person to call me Alex for years!!

:roll: :shock: :eh? :eh? :eh?
I'm sure you said that your name was Alex when we first met in the Devils Arse... :eh? ... and I've called you it each time we've bumped into you since!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:54 pm 
Too much time on my hands

It's just that most people call me chumley :)
To be honest I'm not bothered what people call me :*:
Its'Alexander for real,hated it when I was young,lots of taunts of '' you've got a girls name''.Actually really like it now. 8) Plus my dad would always tell me it was a lucky name,he hasn't been wrong :D