Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Richard and Jarvis will be doing a DJ set at the End of the Road Festival (10-12 September - actual date and time to be confirmed)

http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/

(Info found on twitter so I trust it is accurate as it's not showing on the web site yet)

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hurrah! I am going in my camper with a gang of middle aged women and our children. Might come up and ask them to play It's Raining Men, I Will Survive or other such tasteful numbers. Is it that kind of DJ set?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

I think it may consist of some general madness. They got some great reviews last time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:19 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Didn't they do a DJ set there last year or 2008? Could be somebody's got some duff info from that if there's nothing on the website...

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

Could be, here's the wording, it was the 'again' that led me to think it just might be on (I think they have only done the one previous set).

"very excited about forthcoming EOTR Festival - Jarvis Cocker and Richard Hawley doing their DJ set again! Can't wait."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:48 pm 
Hawley Groupie

It was an amazing DJ set last year! (once the technological challenges were overcome :wink: ) Not danced so much in ages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Their set is timetabled for 11.00pm on the Saturday night ... I'll be there! :D

Last edited by former pink lady on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:00 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Quote:
Hurrah! I am going in my camper with a gang of middle aged women and our children. Might come up and ask them to play It's Raining Men, I Will Survive or other such tasteful numbers. Is it that kind of DJ set?

Glad to see you're putting the camper to good use Helen, although i didn't think you were a festival kind of gal ? I'd love to see you request a few cheesey tunes tho...what about a black lace medley??? :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:35 am 
Hawleytastic!

Am not really a festival kind of gal but have it on good authority that this one is quite good. Edwyn Collins is playing, who I really like – in fact the line up is such that I don't suppose there'll be many drunk teenagers pissing up my van at 3 in the morning!
Might compile a list of suitable dancing tunes for gin-soaked ladies of a certain age. Might even be a good thread, as it probably sums up most of the women on here (no insult intended).
And same group want to head up your way at the end of September to the Southend Village Green Fest. You been. Is it any good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:34 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Quote:
And same group want to head up your way at the end of September to the Southend Village Green Fest. You been. Is it any good?

funnily enough I haven't but a friend of mine said it was really good last year, the barking bard Billy Bragg was there - legend !! i've looked at this years line up and nowhere near as good, but I was thinking of popping along anyway and taking my daughter and a few mates - its free to get in and not too far from the seafront so if its crap there's something else to do ! :*: let me know if y you're going , it'll be lovely to see you ! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:22 am 
Hawleytastic!

Yeah, line up isn't very good. I love Billy Bragg and have done since I was at school. Missed him at it last year but friends went and said it was a nice day, precisely for the reasons you said. I probably will go and bring my brood, although 10 year old won't be amused – he's in to NDubz and Black Eyed Peas so if they're not on the bill, we're on to a loser! Will PM you nearer the time and come and say hello. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:56 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Cheers for that Densie, didn't know he was going to be there. Really looking forward to EOTR this year as I missed it last year for the first time. I know Mr. H. is a big fan of the festival so it'll be great to see him there. Here's hoping the bloody rain stops in the mean time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The End Of The Road was great, as usual. Nice weather as well. Hawley and Cocker's DJ set was good as well even though it started about 40 minutes late because nobody could get the kit working. Richard was good enough to hand out beers to the crowd until they got the PA working. Here's a couple of pics.

Hawley hands out the Guinness, much appreciated I can tell you.

The two old grandads finally get their gramophones working

"...Liberty X? maybe not tonight...Kylie?...perhaps not...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:54 pm 
The Boss

the funny thing about that was when we were at the back of the tent,ten minutes before we were due on i hasten to add,the engineer bloke who was about 4 years old said"rights gents is it, I-pods ,lap tops or MP3 players?"...........we just said"er...no mate..Vinyl"....he looked at us as if to say"what the f**k is that?"....Luckily they blew the dust off some decks in the end but it took them ages to set them up and even longer to get them working in the end Jarvis did it :roll: but it wasn't too bad in the end we enjoyed it anyway,same again next year i hope but next time they might have got their shit together longer than five minutes before we're due on :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm sorry I missed it, especially the Guiness. Was due to go but it was the first weekend after the kids went back to school and it all got a bit mad. Had friends who went and they said Rihard and Jarvis were good. They didn't mind the wait but that's mainly because they were s***faced by that time and enjoyed the dance. It definitely seems to be rated as a festival – all my friends who went aren't really s*** in the woods types but they thought it was quite lovely. Will give it a go next year for sure. x