Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:26 am 
Newcomer

Recent reports have said Duanes new album is his 1st for about 25 years,wrong,ignoring all the guest appearances on various albums whatever happened to "Artifacts of twang" recorded in 2009,this from Deed Eddy at the time on the Gretch forum "Well, I can tell you that the project is officially finished. That is a major statement to be able to make, and I am really excited. Now the next phase begins, and the details regarding labels, distribution, what, when, and how will be forthcoming.Yes, Brian Setzer is tearing it up on one track. Phil Everly also guests, and just sings better than anyone on Earth.Produced by Monroe Jones...I will be here first with the news, when I have it! "

Somewhere I read that they couldn't get an acceptable deal with any American label,how about releasing it in the UK if "Road Trip" is successful?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:13 pm 
The Boss

just want to say how grateful we all are for your support with the album and live gigs its been a real event in my life and everyone else involved,Duane is over the moon with how the record and how he himself has been so kindly received over here.There will be more to come hopefully in October but i have no details as yet.Anyway best wishes to all who've got involved

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:23 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Richard Hawley wrote:
just want to say how grateful we all are for your support with the album and live gigs its been a real event in my life and everyone else involved,Duane is over the moon with how the record and how he himself has been so kindly received over here.There will be more to come hopefully in October but i have no details as yet.Anyway best wishes to all who've got involved

It's such a wonderful album, I don't know how to write about it without gushing, apologies in advance, is it just me or does anyone else feel really emotional when listening to it? And the marriage of Duane's guitar playing with the familiar sounds we are used to from you and the guys, I'm in heaven.
I don't know how I'll cope if I do have the privilege of hearing it live, I'll be in bits I think but THRILLED to hear that there may some more live dtaes in the near future.
It's clear from the interviews and news reports I've read and seen that this was a real labour of love for you, he comes across as a genuinely lovely, humble bloke and those who have had the privilege of meeting him say the same. As Jean said on another forum, kudos to you for bringing him to the fore and gaining him a whole new audience, I've bought copies for my dad and my son a budding twanger and they love it too.

Ok sorry, gush over.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:25 pm 
Newcomer

Richard Hawley wrote:

Richard. Duanes always been well received here,I remember(shows my age) his first 1960 tour with Bobby Darin,he was so successful extra dates were quickly arranged like the Finsbury Park Empire show,I think Des O'Connor was the compere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:28 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Bob wrote:
Recent reports have said Duanes new album is his 1st for about 25 years,wrong,ignoring all the guest appearances on various albums whatever happened to "Artifacts of twang" recorded in 2009,this from Deed Eddy at the time on the Gretch forum "Well, I can tell you that the project is officially finished. That is a major statement to be able to make, and I am really excited. Now the next phase begins, and the details regarding labels, distribution, what, when, and how will be forthcoming.Yes, Brian Setzer is tearing it up on one track. Phil Everly also guests, and just sings better than anyone on Earth.Produced by Monroe Jones...I will be here first with the news, when I have it! "

Somewhere I read that they couldn't get an acceptable deal with any American label,how about releasing it in the UK if "Road Trip" is successful?

I see where you're coming from, I do think there will be a whole new audience and a huge amount of new Duane Eddy fans on the back of this new album though, it's certainly made me want to go out and buy more of his back catalogue. To see him at Glastonbury and high profile news again must have made your heart sing having been a fan for so many years! Welcome to the Hawley forum by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:45 pm 
Newcomer

[/quote I see where you're coming from, I do think there will be a whole new audience and a huge amount of new Duane Eddy fans on the back of this new album though, it's certainly made me want to go out and buy more of his back catalogue. To see him at Glastonbury and high profile news again must have made your heart sing having been a fan for so many years! Welcome to the Hawley forum by the way.[/quote]

A fan for many years! Lets just say I bought Rebel Rouser in 1958 on a London American 78rpm. If you want his back catalogue the two best CD box sets are on German Bear Family Records,expensive unless you can find them on ebay,beware CD re-issues as the musics out of copyright now & there are some dodgy copies around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:02 pm 
Newcomer

How do I insert a photo into a reply?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

It would be great if there were a City Hall gig on the day after (or before) the OR8 charity thing . . . . . .

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

Bob wrote:
How do I insert a photo into a reply?

The photo has to be on line to be posted on here; copy the url for the photo, then once in the message click the Img box - paste in the url and click the Img box again.

Before submitting the post check it via the preview button.

If it's one of your own photos use a host such as tinypics to upload the picture and they give you the url, if the photo is already on line then right mouse on the picture, copy the url that is listed under properties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

For me it's been a bit of an introduction to Duane Eddy which is a wonderful thing. I think he's great. It's like he writes songs and you know exactly what he's saying even though there's no words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:31 pm 
Newcomer

RP wrote:
For me it's been a bit of an introduction to Duane Eddy which is a wonderful thing. I think he's great. It's like he writes songs and you know exactly what he's saying even though there's no words.

Better late than never to find Duane.you need to invest in some back catalogue CDs like the Jamie & BMG re-issues of his original albums or better still the Bear Family CD box sets of his early & RCA material,superb sound quality

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Dawoodcock wrote:
It would be great if there were a City Hall gig on the day after (or before) the OR8 charity thing . . . . . .

Now that would be great!

www.myspace.com/roamingson
www.facebook.com/roamingsonuk
www.facebook.com/marklyall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:39 am 
Hawley Groupie

Duane Eddy on how to Twang http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13941533

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:44 am 
Site Admin

GLASTONBURY

Still As The Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP8Zh7m_QMA

Play Me Like you play Your guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCZsPUtcfI

Still as the Night 100 Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6LCw_sglbs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Thanks Denise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next