Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

...and I'm sure I heard him say "We'll definitely play a secret warm-up gig in Biddulph and a full show at the Victoria Hall Hanley, with Elvis Fontenot & the Sugar Bees as support, by 'eck."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:45 am 
The Boss

Tregolwyn wrote:
May I take this opportunity to remind Richard of his parting words as he exited the stage at the Brangwyn Hall, Swansea on the last tour:

"We will definitely come back to Wales again".

Just in case it had slipped your mind :wink:

:eh?

I've been to Wales many times since,the Mrs is Welsh so that makes my kids half welsh i guess......Sheffield/Wales.........that'll do for me by the way............i think after the Swansea gig i've only strummed a guitar on Tresaith beach in all that time........shame.....i love loads of the awesome places you can find yourself........wish i could speak the lingo like my Mrs's gran spoke it fluently and told me about her getting beaten at school if she spoke Welsh.........her voice was such a beautiful sound......she would hypnotize me with her voice........sorry about the randomness......bit pissed xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 am 
Hawleytastic!

Have Y Niwl and Colorama as support acts on your tour - you could have free lessons.

Diolch :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
i think after the Swansea gig i've only strummed a guitar on Tresaith beach in all that time

Tresaith is a beautiful, magic place. We went there on holiday when I was quite heavily pregnant with first, who is now 12. I swam in the sea every day, which is as clear as a bell, and watched the dog fish swimming around my feet. We stayed in an old house built for a retiring sea captain with sweeping views of the bay. Our next door neighbours were an elderly couple, Dela and Iori, who lived in a wooden beach house perched on the cliff. She was in her late 70s but we hit it off straight away. By some bizarre coincidence, she had been a midwife at Hackney Hospital in the early 50s and that was where I was due to give birth! We saw each other every day and she was lovely, young in her bones, and her husband was beautiful. When we went home, we swapped addresses and I sent her a big framed photo of them sitting on their porch looking out over the sea. When I had my boy, she sent me a blanket she'd knitted, which was intricate and beautiful. If I had ever had girls, I was going to call them Dela, a beautiful name for a beautiful woman, in a special place at a special time to me. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 pm 
The Boss

boss story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:53 pm 
Regular

Well bossman, if you're going to put a tour together, surely it's time to get an intimate gig organised for Ronnie Scott's?
Just say the word and the wheels will be in motion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 pm 
Regular poster

:eh?

I've been to Wales many times since,the Mrs is Welsh so that makes my kids half welsh i guess......Sheffield/Wales.........that'll do for me by the way............i think after the Swansea gig i've only strummed a guitar on Tresaith beach in all that time........shame.....i love loads of the awesome places you can find yourself........wish i could speak the lingo like my Mrs's gran spoke it fluently and told me about her getting beaten at school if she spoke Welsh.........her voice was such a beautiful sound......she would hypnotize me with her voice........sorry about the randomness......bit pissed xxx[/quote]

I'll take that as a yes then. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Any chance of a gig in Cornwall then Richard?You can bring Mr Molinari as well if you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:24 am 
The Boss

Would love to,tried to sort a gig at the minnak but it's a logistical nightmare

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:39 am 
Too much time on my hands

Oh that's lovely Helen - isn't it funny how special people come into our lives at special times x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm not one for spiritual stuff – bit of a raving rationalist me. But I know what you mean. Was a very weird coincidence and so lovely. Would've loved for her to meet my boy because he is a darling. A real child of nature. Told him this story last night and he is keen to go back, especially for the dogfish! Think we might go this summer, although I'm sort of afraid in case when I go, they are both dead and gone and the house has been bulldozed or something.

But you should go to Tresaith if you get the chance, Marie, you'd love it. And you can stay just up on the cliffs from there in an old railway carriage, between Aberporth and Tresaith, it's a beautiful walk between the both villages. I love the sea and I love Wales – I think if I ever won the lottery, I'd just give up work and bum around from one little place to another, just to find my favourite.

http://www.underthethatch.co.uk/wendy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:05 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Ooh good idea - RH I'm going to Cornwall, wioth the pregnant wife at the end of May, I think you'll be safe from a birth in May so if you could arrange a gig that week in Cornwall it would be greatly appreciated :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Well bossman, if you're going to put a tour together, surely it's time to get an intimate gig organised for Ronnie Scott's?
Just say the word and the wheels will be in motion.[/quote]

Went there a couple of weeks ago and said to my wife what a great venue to see RH playing an acoustic set or something a little different.
Go on do it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
Would love to,tried to sort a gig at the minnak but it's a logistical nightmare

I can imagine that'd be a tough one to sort out, ace venue though. Howsabout Eden (the Sessions line up could do with a bit of class on it this year) or Hall for Cornwall? Alternatively, I can fix you up in our local Village Hall & chuck in a free cuppa tea....or two?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:01 am 
Hawleytastic!

clough=hero wrote:
Ooh good idea - RH I'm going to Cornwall, wioth the pregnant wife at the end of May, I think you'll be safe from a birth in May so if you could arrange a gig that week in Cornwall it would be greatly appreciated :)

Oooh how exciting! Congratulations! If it's warm enough, take her for a swim in the sea. It's about the only time you've actually felt weightless in months – very good for the soul. Good luck. xx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next