Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 am 
Hawleytastic!

You may find 'gigs and tours' is a part of See.

I've posted before about See - and what your are going through is why I stopped using them a few years back - you will get your tickets, probably a week or so before the event [on one occasion for me this involved an eight month wait] or you will be informed of a computer glitch and be told to use you booking reference to pick up at the venue [along with hundreds of other fans so get there early] - for me I book via the venue [if poss] or print an e ticket [which for me is not the same as a real ticket - and you still get charged all those add on fees] - sigh ..>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:39 pm 
Regular poster

Thanks - have had an email saying they have been despatched today - so panic over (hopefully!!)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 pm 
Regular poster

Gloria wrote:
Thanks - have had an email saying they have been despatched today - so panic over (hopefully!!)

Same here so should be here in "plenty of" time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:20 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I'll be at this one in the absence of a Liverpool show. Anyone been to the venue before? Looks a bit different, it's an old church apparently. Looking forward 8)

Anyone know any good watering holes in Brum in the same style as the Philharmonic Pub in Liverpool? That is, old style pub, lots of real ales, non-threatening? Any recommendations for Indian restaurants also welcome! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:32 am 
Newcomer

Is it true there's a 10pm curfew at Birmingham-this means gig finished by then?
Any information on start times-doors open 6 30pm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I don't know Birmingham at all. I bought tickets for Birmingham due to the advantage of not going after work or having to get up for work the next day. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:02 am 
Regular poster

Keelewolf wrote:
Is it true there's a 10pm curfew at Birmingham-this means gig finished by then?
Any information on start times-doors open 6 30pm.

I was a bit surprised at the 6.30pm start on the ticket. If there is an early curfew it would be good to know about it as I was assuming there would be a good two hours of nothing happening.

Anyone know what time things will start and finish?

PS I've sent the venue a message. If I get a response I will post it here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:21 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Went to this venue for first time last year - full of atmosphere and character. Balcony seems to be the best spot for us oldies but if you've got stalls tickets there's a raised area just behind the sound/lighting deck with a padded barrier to lean on and the added bonus of a bar not 20 feet away to the left or right!

There's a pub just a few doors away (Big Bulls Head) - didnt go in but from outside it looks old fashioned and untampered with. Or the Bullring Centre's only 10 mins walk away - loads of safe options to eat there. Daughter dragged me to Ed's Diner in Selfridges when we were there a couple of months ago. No idea about curry houses though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:23 pm 
Regular poster

Hi,

I have had a reply from the venue and they say they expect Richard to be on stage at about 8pm, so panic over for too early a start!!

I haven't been to this venue before, but other half saw Amelda May there and said it was a great venue so should be good.

In terms of location, its just slightly outside the main area but as noblebones says, it's only 10 mins from the Bullring where there are all the usual chain type restaurants. The pubs right around the venue are probably not that great to be honest as it is a bit of a funny part of town, but if you are wanting something with real ale then the Wellington on Bennetts Hill would be a good place to go - it is about a 20 mins walk though from the venue, but it is not too far from New Street Station if anyone is coming in on the train.

Believe it or not, curry houses are a bit limited in the actual city itself - there are thousands of them just outside the city but not so many that are any good in the city. One that we go too is Asha's on Newhall Street (not that far from Bennetts Hill actually) which is again about 20 mins walk from venue which would be best described as posher curry than what you would get in the balti belt, but it is very good.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:57 pm 
Regular poster

Gloria wrote:
I have had a reply from the venue and they say they expect Richard to be on stage at about 8pm, so panic over for too early a start!!

Thanks Gloria. I was just about to post that the venue had completely ignored my enquiry about start time. Sounds like we won't want to get there too long after 6.30 if we want to catch the support.

Only two sleeps to go!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Only two more sleeps! :Hoorah It seems so long ago that I bought the tickets. We are driving to Birmingham so will be looking to park somewhere near the venue and maybe have a look around the City while we are there.

I am planning a visit to the Christmas Markets with folks from another internet forum so it will be good to get my bearings. I will go by train that day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:48 pm 
Regular

Looking forward to this one, first live gig after missing the one in Liverpool a few years back.

Hope there's a good mix from all the albums on the set list but really, whatever happens will be boss!

I'll be one of the four that look like they've been drinking since midday!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:12 pm 
Regular

Any ideas who the 'special guests' are, as on the tickets?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Lisa Hannigan is the support artist as far as I know. I'm just checking out car parking, it looks like the Bullring parking is near enough.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 pm 
Regular poster

Bullring parking is closest, but be warned, it will be expensive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next