Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:40 pm 
Regular poster

I was at the gig in Leeds on Tuesday night , as i fully expected i thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish , the sound was spot on and one of the many highlights for me was Lady Solitude , an absolute dream of a song , i also was impressed with the support act Lisa Hannagan , is she well known ? , as for getting to the gig , i live 2 minutes walk from a train station and its only 15 minutes to Leeds , i would never contemplate driving there , this was the 3rd time i have seen Richard live , the others being at York and at Garforth Arts festival a couple of years ago .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 pm 
Newcomer

Someone else lives in Garforth? Me too 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:49 am 
Newcomer

Couldn't write earlier, just got home to Russia yesterday. Richard was fantastic, I loved every minute and wanted it to last forever! New songs sound just perfect.
Although I was shocked by the behaviour of the public, especially when Lisa was performing her set. Is it alright in England to chat through the performance?!!!
Also, it seemed I was the only one in the front row who actually knew the words to the songs. Others it seems came just to take pictures or something. Very weird. Or is it just Leeds? In Russia if you are standing in the front you are obviously a big fan.
Anyroad, thank you so much Richard and the band, I thoughroly enjoyed the gig!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 pm 
Too much time on my hands

kisch wrote:
Also, it seemed I was the only one in the front row who actually knew the words to the songs. Others it seems came just to take pictures or something. Very weird. Or is it just Leeds? In Russia if you are standing in the front you are obviously a big fan.

Do you have long blonde curly hair? I was looking down on the audience from the disabled area and I spotted a lady singing along with a lovestruck look on her face.... I used to go out with a guy who sang along, I had to tell him to shut the fuck up at the Glenfidich gig, I told him 'I've come to listen to Richard not you!'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:59 pm 

[quote="GarforthGary" i also was impressed with the support act Lisa Hannagan , is she well known ? , as for getting to the gig , i live 2 minutes walk from a train station and its only 15 minutes to Leeds , i would never contemplate driving there .[/quote]

Lisa's fairly well known among forum-ites I first heard of her here and got her album See Sew then she played in Dingle with RH and their voices blended so well we were clamouring for him to have her as support, thrilled when it was announced, I love her latest album.

I will never ever ever drive into Leeds again, I'll drive to Pudsey park the car there and get the train in. WHat a nightmare.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

thank god it's not just me with the driving. i think the inner city loop must have been designed by a woman. 'runs and hides........'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:43 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Bradford Lass wrote:
I had to tell him to shut the fuck up at the Glenfidich gig, I told him 'I've come to listen to Richard not you!'

..> :*: :eye:

mph wrote:
thank god it's not just me with the driving. i think the inner city loop must have been designed by a woman. 'runs and hides........'

:eye: :eye: :eye: :*:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:53 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Leeds is a total nightmare for driving - never seem to take the same route in twice, but escaping's much easier. When even the satnav gets befuddled I know I'm in trouble.

Problem is a few months after I vow never to go again I get tempted by something else, so am off to the Brudenell in November. Getting all sweaty palmed already just thinking about it :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:29 pm 
Newcomer

Bradford Lass wrote:
kisch wrote:
Do you have long blonde curly hair? I was looking down on the audience from the disabled area and I spotted a lady singing along with a lovestruck look on her face.... I used to go out with a guy who sang along, I had to tell him to shut the fuck up at the Glenfidich gig, I told him 'I've come to listen to Richard not you!'

No, it wasn't me, I sang so quietly nobody could hear. I'm not stupid, thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:17 pm 

kisch wrote:
Bradford Lass wrote:
kisch wrote:

No, it wasn't me, I sang so quietly nobody could hear. I'm not stupid, thank you.

You misinterpreted what I meant! Didn't for a minute mean you were being anti social by singing, some do, some don't, as long as it doesn't interfere with other people's enjoyment each to their own!