Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:01 pm 
Newcomer

Well first things first.I never got a chance to check lisa hannigan out before the gig and walked in during her set.She was just finishing a song-sounded ok,couldn't really get the gist as it was the dying moments.She then went into a song i've since found out to be 'a sail' and proceeded to blow me and my mate away.

Another stunning original and a wonderful,wonderful cover of The Band's 'the night they drove old dixie down and she was done.

A special mention to her band,stripped down minimal and totally perfect.Richard can you please tell lisa to enjoy them while she can because when I'm a rich and famous rock star I will be stealing them for myself :wink:

This was the forth time i've seen Richard and possibly the best.The new songs brought a great new dimension to the set and Richard seemed to enjoy playing his oldies as much as the stuff of the latest album.

I loved 'tonight the streets our ours'(didn't expect to hear that one) and was made up 'remorse code' was retained.

I thought Richard looked emotional at certain points in the set.Now I know why.

It was genuinely touching to see a performer so appreciative of his audience(without being overly sentimental)I've seen so many who are not.Nice one Richard

My only gripe would be 'she brings the sunlight not being played' it's many peoples(including mine) standout track off the new album.

But anyway you can't always get what you want but last night I definitely got what I needed.Thanks again Richard and the awesome men who stand beside you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:37 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Me and our lass (Longlegs) thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. The riff heavy new songs already sound like classics alongside the romance of older songs, like Hotel Room and Tonight The Streets Are Ours.

Stand out moments included Down In The Woods and, as ever, Lady Solitude.

Thanks to Richard, Shez, Colin, Dean, John and all those involved in bringing this show to town. And how about all of those trees, huh? Very impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:10 pm 
Newcomer

:D Well done Richard and the guys absolutely spot on gig. Playing "Open up your door" made the night for my wife and especially our son and daughter in law as they had this song for their first dance when they got married in May.

I thought the set mix with the new and old songs worked really well, cant wait until next time as I have never been disappointed as this must be the 8th I have seen them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:13 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Great gig - excellent stage set, great lighting, lovely sound and even the audience was well-behaved. I might have to stop shunning gigs at the Academy...

We made a couple of nice recordings of Richard's set and would like to post them on our website (manchestertaper.co.uk) for free download. If anyone has Mr H's ear please could they run this by him?

I know I've uploaded a lot of stuff to Dime and various blogs in the past but the site is really taking off now and I don't want to step on any toes or create ill feeling. Lerrus know...