It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:11 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Well i drink in North Shields so The Star Inn was like a wine bar.. :eye:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:31 am 
Hawleytastic!

maggie wrote:
I didn't go, I can see how the music would fit well in the 02 but I don't like it, I don't like that bit of the Toon (apart from it being quite handy for the Forth which is a good pub) :|

I still think you should do the Tyne Theatre Richard, it's fab, or go back to the Sage

We am here for Ian Hunter come October 12th - what pubs for a refined southern semi scouser do you recommend?

Mind you weem meeting up with some hairy arsed Geordies and Glaswegians so no doubt it'll be Wetherspoons at mid day for the ADB and the local A&E at 3.00 am :Hoorah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:29 am 
Newcomer

Richard Hawley wrote:
Sad to say it was my least enjoyed gig I've played in years I'm afraid,the ignorant talkers spoiled it for me,why go to a gig and talk at the top of your voice i just dont get it at all?however the rest of the lovely folks made it worthwhile thanks to you

Cheers Richard. It was clear you weren't happy, the banter wasn't there. As has been said it's a sad feature of the venue. Please don't take it as typical of Newcastle or North East, remember how good Whitley Bay was (though maybe the painkillers mean you don't :D )
I still enjoyed the gig though!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

gary#2 wrote:
Ta for the offer Helen, Palf is the merchandise seller and i was thinking he seemed gutted they'd sold out of Hendo's & the new style badge.

Oh, I see. Well, I have it if you ever want it. The collecting foodstuffs thing is a bit
Like finding the face of jesus on a slice of toast. X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:09 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

It's ok Helen i'll get some one day, you hang on to it, stick it on yer eel pie & mash :*: ta for the offer.

P/Dog, just dont go to the Rose & Crown or Star Inn coz there crap, The Goose & Three Bulls Heads are good and close to the Tyne Theatre.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:14 pm 
Newcomer

As a relative newcomer to the music of Richard Hawley the Newcastle gig was my first time watching him live.I loved it! The new songs sounded great.Also thought the lighting, sound and trees were spot on. I'm sure the trees were moving during one song!Highlights for me were Open up your door,Remorse code and Soldier on as Truelove's Gutter was the first album I bought.The Ocean was also the perfect song to end with.Sorry to hear Richard say it was his least enjoyed gig in years because of the ignorant minority. I agree with some of the other posts and would love to see Richard at the City Hall or Tyne Theatre next time round.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:25 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Poppy Dog wrote:

We am here for Ian Hunter come October 12th - what pubs for a refined southern semi scouser do you recommend?

Mind you weem meeting up with some hairy arsed Geordies and Glaswegians so no doubt it'll be Wetherspoons at mid day for the ADB and the local A&E at 3.00 am :Hoorah

Don't listen to that Gary, the Goose is MASSIVE, quite a way away and not your thing at all, take notice of your Auntie Maggie and tootle into the Bodega which is right next to the Tyne Theatre, or there's a canny pub on the corner (used to be called Tilly's but I think it's changed its name, could be wrong, but it's ok too)

If you want a fight with your pint the nearest Weatherspoons is round the corner a bit, it's called the Mile Castle, personally I like to go home with both eyes and without broken glass sticking in my feet so I never go round that bit.

There's also a bar inside the Tyne Theatre, I've been to a couple of gigs where the artists went through there after the show to meet people, sign stuff etc so if you're lucky Ian Hunter will do that.

Last word on here in case i get knacked by fellow admin for going off topic :mrgreen:

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:40 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Poppy Dog wrote:

None! Just get in early to see Otis Gibbs! And avoid any dodgy locals. :wink:

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:52 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Maggies right, i was thinking about The Playhouse..

I'm going doo-lally i tell ya :cyclopsani: