Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 pm 
Offline
I need a life
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:40 pm
Posts: 861
Location: Italy
http://www.melkweg.nl/artikelpagina.jsp ... eid=muziek

_________________
tonight the streets are ours...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:46 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:10 pm
Posts: 4441
Location: Cheshire
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Melkweg+%26+Paradiso,+Weteringschans,+Amsterdam,+The+Netherlands&hl=en&ll=52.36494,4.881521&spn=0.000475,0.0025&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=8.389558,20.478516&oq=melkweg&hq=Melkweg+%26&hnear=Paradiso,+Weteringschans+6,+1017+SG+Amsterdam,+The+Netherlands&t=m&layer=c&cbll=52.36494,4.88152&panoid=URjmh0VC8129hdkTE31gBw&cbp=11,250.69,,0,-22.5&fll=52.364909,4.881577&fspn=0.00095,0.005&z=19

Looks neat - there's a canal in front of the entrance!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:24 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:07 am
Posts: 2508
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
I'm a bit surprised that the gig's at the Melkweg (Milky Way) and not the Paradiso - the Paradiso's a bigger venue and its acoustics would suit RH down to the ground - it's an old church. The Melkweg would be a cracking smaller venue to see him in though...

_________________
http://www.nickbarberphotography.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:32 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:56 am
Posts: 2632
Location: London
There is a coffee house round the block should a medicinal puff be required though.

Love Amsterdam. We went when boy number 2 was about four. "Why is that old lady standing in the window in her nightie? And why is she waving at daddy." We told him that daddy had met her when he was getting a cup of tea on the train. "Was she wearing her nightie on the train, dad."

Moral of the story: don't make the bullshit you tell your kids too complicated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:13 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:41 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Netherlands
efsb wrote:
I'm a bit surprised that the gig's at the Melkweg (Milky Way) and not the Paradiso - the Paradiso's a bigger venue and its acoustics would suit RH down to the ground - it's an old church. The Melkweg would be a cracking smaller venue to see him in though...


Paradiso is OK-ish. It looks nice but the acoustic are not that good. Especially when you are on the balcony so I am happy with the Melkweg. Also, as you say, it is smaller....
Nice to see RH & band in my home country.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:56 am 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: South, North, now West Yorkshire.
Mmmmmmmm...........might have to make one of my 5 or 6 weekly trips to the office in Holland coincide with this! ..>

Question is, do I risk a ticket now or chance it there'll be 1 or 2 left on the night, pay at the door! :|

Is it likely to sell out?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:00 am 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:55 am
Posts: 427
Location: Spain
Egg wrote:
might have to make one of my 5 or 6 weekly trips to the office in Holland coincide with this! ..>


:shock: If you go 5 or 6 times a week to Holland, it's almost impossible they won't coincide, isn't it?

(Were you joking?)

_________________
One, two, three, faw!
All you will be remembered for is what folks say when you walk out the door.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: South, North, now West Yorkshire.
Sorry for the confusion.......I have to go to Holland for 1 week every 5 weeks or so!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:24 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:10 pm
Posts: 4441
Location: Cheshire
Or sooner if the cake runs out...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:44 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: South, North, now West Yorkshire.
Poppy Dog wrote:
Or sooner if the cake runs out...


Shit! Rumbled! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:41 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Netherlands
Me missus (who is from West Yorkshire) always says: be nice to Yorkshire men/women abroad :)
So, I am gonna buy 2 tickets for this one. If you like, I can buy 3: one for you too and if you can't make it, I am sure I can sell it to some of my friends...:)
Let me know if you want me to get you one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: South, North, now West Yorkshire.
Cloggie wrote:
Me missus (who is from West Yorkshire) always says: be nice to Yorkshire men/women abroad :)
So, I am gonna buy 2 tickets for this one. If you like, I can buy 3: one for you too and if you can't make it, I am sure I can sell it to some of my friends...:)
Let me know if you want me to get you one.


That's a very generous offer kind Sir, but as you well know it's the start of the 3 holiday periods in
Holland so I won't be sure I'll be in Holland at the right time until September at the earliest.

I couldn't and wouldn't ask you to commit to such a thing.

I'll take a chance, but the beers on me if I make it.

Ta. Egg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:04 pm 
Offline
The Boss
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 9:54 am
Posts: 18660
Location: Sheffield
last time we played there about 12 people turned up :(

_________________
now,then!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:02 am 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:56 am
Posts: 2632
Location: London
If the numbers are down, just give me a shout. Much to my surprise, I really like Holland – we go there about once a year and I find the people lovely. Maybe its because they like beer and darts. x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 am 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: South, North, now West Yorkshire.
Egg wrote:
Cloggie wrote:
Me missus (who is from West Yorkshire) always says: be nice to Yorkshire men/women abroad :)
So, I am gonna buy 2 tickets for this one. If you like, I can buy 3: one for you too and if you can't make it, I am sure I can sell it to some of my friends...:)
Let me know if you want me to get you one.


That's a very generous offer kind Sir, but as you well know it's the start of the 3 holiday periods in
Holland so I won't be sure I'll be in Holland at the right time until September at the earliest.

I couldn't and wouldn't ask you to commit to such a thing.

I'll take a chance, but the beers on me if I make it.

Ta. Egg


Boss has postponed my trip to Holland next week to the following week!! :evil:

No Melkweg gig! :( :(

Enjoy if you're still going Cloggie and again, thanks for the kind offer. ..>


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group