All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Spanish Gigs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Great news! :Hoorah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:53 am 
Newcomer

Counting hours to see Richard again live in Cartagena! The Murcia gig some years ago in Truelove Tour was absolutely breathtaking with so many highlights to comment, but I remember looking at my wife on Oh My Love and see tears in her face as one of the finest moments (if not the most!) I have ever lived in a show. So I have tickets for the first row in Cartagena, a babysitter for our babies and a nice surprise to her as she thinks that night we´ll go out for dinner and cinema, I want already to see her face when I take the road to Cartagena and tell her we´re going to a Mr Hawley gig!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

For twenty-four hours now I've done nothing but wish I still were there (including the nighttime -I haven't slept a wink). For almost two hours I was in a state of bliss. In seventh heaven or cloud nine, whatever is best. The band sounded tight and strong, guitar fireworks were plentiful and superb, and I even managed to find a place from where I could see the whole stage until a nincompoop that looked like a six-footer (but that probably wasn't) blocked part of my view of Shez and Jon.

My first Hawley concert, and my first taste of Hendo's... I couldn't resist the tempation to take a gulp on the street, while waiting for Richard to come out of the venue. Which happened almost one hour and a half after the show. I left almost all the talking to Charles Angold (whom I met there), whose English is better than mine. Not that there was much talking, though. Richard looked tired and we didn't want to detain him, but he was kind enough to have photographs taken with each of us.

The only thing I didn't like about the night was people chattering in the middle of songs. It was especially noticeable during the Smoke Fairies' act, with some people even shouting (and with an audience that, regretfully, could almost have fit inside my sitting room), and I think it's disrespectful both towards the artists and towards the rest of the audience. During Richard's songs the volume was high enough for me not to hear anything else. At some point Richard told us off for talking too much, but I cannot tell whether he was genuinely upset or whether it was a joke (can he have heard anything apart from the music? Or was he referring to noise during the intros to his songs?)

Anyway, the setlist was:

Standing at the Sky's Edge
Don't Stare at the Sun
Hotel Room
Tonight the Streets Are Ours
Seek It
Soldier on
Leave Your Body Behind You
Before
Open up Your Door
Remorse Code
Time Will Bring You Winter
Down in the Woods

Lady Solitude
The Ocean

I leave you two reports (one and two) about the concert. The guy who took the photographs of number one was just in front of me.

And also, a video someone has uploaded to YouTube. Yours truly can be clearly seen to the far left when the audience is lighted up at the end of the song, crossing arms and momentarily looking downwards as Richard stops playing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm 
Newcomer

Friday morning I take the flight to Barcelona, because i live in the Atlantic coast.
Beautyful day!! Beautiful day!!! :Hoorah :Hoorah :Hoorah :Hoorah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:46 am 
Newcomer

Amazing show tonight in Cartagena! Difficult to describe the places where this gentleman and his band can transport you, but it has been magical to assist to a show like this from the first row next to my wife. A personal absolute highlight has been Streets, looking at my wife and Mr Hawley´s complicity after the song.

Usual (and unbeatable!) setlist with the absence of Lady Solitude which it was planned for the encore also, don´t know the reason why has dropped:

- Standing at the sky´s edge
- Don´t stare at he sun
- Hotel Room
- Tonight the streets are ours
- Seek it
- Soldier on
- Leave your body behind
- Before
- Open up your door
- Remorse code
- Time will bring you winter
- Down to the woods
Encore: The ocean

So Mr Hawley, thanks again for the magic and I hope we will see you soon!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:12 pm 
Newcomer

Ladies and gentlemen, the most sublime musical moment in Cartagena... EVER!

:shock: ..> :Hoorah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:35 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Fantastic guitar solo ..> 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:55 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

A fabulous rendition. Full marks for capturing this Triffid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Colombo wrote:
For twenty-four hours now I've done nothing but wish I still were there (including the nighttime -I haven't slept a wink). For almost two hours I was in a state of bliss. In seventh heaven or cloud nine, whatever is best. The band sounded tight and strong, guitar fireworks were plentiful and superb, and I even managed to find a place from where I could see the whole stage until a nincompoop that looked like a six-footer (but that probably wasn't) blocked part of my view of Shez and Jon.

My first Hawley concert, and my first taste of Hendo's... I couldn't resist the tempation to take a gulp on the street, while waiting for Richard to come out of the venue. Which happened almost one hour and a half after the show. I left almost all the talking to Charles Angold (whom I met there), whose English is better than mine. Not that there was much talking, though. Richard looked tired and we didn't want to detain him, but he was kind enough to have photographs taken with each of us.

The only thing I didn't like about the night was people chattering in the middle of songs. It was especially noticeable during the Smoke Fairies' act, with some people even shouting (and with an audience that, regretfully, could almost have fit inside my sitting room), and I think it's disrespectful both towards the artists and towards the rest of the audience. During Richard's songs the volume was high enough for me not to hear anything else. At some point Richard told us off for talking too much, but I cannot tell whether he was genuinely upset or whether it was a joke (can he have heard anything apart from the music? Or was he referring to noise during the intros to his songs?)

Anyway, the setlist was:

Standing at the Sky's Edge
Don't Stare at the Sun
Hotel Room
Tonight the Streets Are Ours
Seek It
Soldier on
Leave Your Body Behind You
Before
Open up Your Door
Remorse Code
Time Will Bring You Winter
Down in the Woods

Lady Solitude
The Ocean

I leave you two reports (one and two) about the concert. The guy who took the photographs of number one was just in front of me.

And also, a video someone has uploaded to YouTube. Yours truly can be clearly seen to the far left when the audience is lighted up at the end of the song, crossing arms and momentarily looking downwards as Richard stops playing.

It's taken me 2 weeks to write about the event...i subscribe Colombo's words;the concert was memorable and a marvellous experience...i could say i missed "Coles Corner" on the setlist,maybe sandwiched between "Lady Solitude" and "The ocean"...but no complain at all obviously;it must be quite a difficult task to elaborate a setlist,apart from the songs of the new album, when your repertoire is filled with classics as is the case with Richard...honestly i love many other singers and bands from different decades and believe it or not i 've consciously been listening to music since i was a 5 year old,i'm 28 now, but i can't find any(band or singer) with such a vast collection of own classics,at least to my liking...,Richard's music has clicked with both my emotions and my musical inspiration in a way no one had before;This could lead to a new post to discuss on the subject,definitely...

What's more...oh yes,about meeting Richard,hehe :oops: ;i must say i hadn't planned to wait outside, i went for dinner right after the concert and all of a sudden it occured to me...i was lucky enough to come back when he hadn't come out yet ;that's when i met Colombo who was already there;and also had the chance to meet and talk with these 2 lovely girls who sing like angels,The Smoke Fairies.

And then again i subscribe Colombo's words but i must tell Richard i 'm sorry i didn't even introduce myself properly,i mean,i even told you my name... :oops: that's basically because i was so ridiculously starstruck, and also because i didn't want to bother you after the fabulous ,almost 2 hours,you had already given us...as Colombo said you were really tired and all and it would have certainly been quite inconsiderate to retain you and Colin who was also there.

So,a huge thank you for the concert and for the music as always and extend this to Shez,Colin,Dean and Jon. :D

"More haste less speed"