Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:42 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I had it through the TV in 5:1 surround sound, with me feet up and some chilled beers.

It was immense, top banana.

Could do with a CD copy so i can do it all again whenever it takes me fancy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:04 pm 
Regular

Dawoodcock wrote:

What a great review. Thank you. x
<*> <*>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Setlist (According to what I scribbled down off iPlayer)

First half
1. Open up your door
2. Remorse Code
3. I sleep alone
4. Coles Corner
5. Run for me
6. For your Lover give some time
7. There's a storm a coming

Second Half
1. She brings the sunlight
2. Standing at the sky's edge
3. Big Sister
4. Don't stare at the sun
5. Soldier On
6. Leave your body behind you
7. The Ocean

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:20 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Badgeman wrote:
There is a piece of software called Radio Downloader it's is pretty small and easy to use, anything which has been on the radio is available from through this software for a week at 128kbps. What's great about it is, it is complete shows including all the music and chatter.

Here's a link to it

http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/tools/radiodld/

Download the 32 or 64 bit version depending on what version of windows you are running

Sounds good, but too technical for me. I don't know what version of windows I am running. :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:13 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

As others have said already - the good manners of the audience were very noticeable. How absolutely nice! But of course, we were on the British Broadcasting Company's Wireless, and quite a few of our parents were listening :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:51 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Managed to get up at 3am Sunday morning and listened through my phone (bloody internet dongle not working). Nonetheless it sounded stunning and was a magical experience - snuggled up on the settee under a blanket in the dark watching the sky lighten as dawn approached. Truely, truely beautiful.

Off now to investigate radio downloader - although I'm still a bit sleepy... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:14 am 
Hawleytastic!

What an absolute privilege it was to be there on Saturday night. Many, many, thanks to Richard and the band, 6 Music, The BBC, The Philharmonic, and a special thank you to all those involved in making it possible for me and Mrs Egg to be there! Awesome! ..>

I know others have said it, but I also found it rather emotional, I had to bite my tongue to stem the tears (it's a man thing! :shock: ) as it all started with Open up.... :Hoorah

I mentioned previously that if There's a Storm.... was on the set list, it would be fantastic, but fuckin' 'ell....It was EPIC! ..>

Really truly sorry for you PD, your excitement at being able to go was hugely evident. Gutted for you.

You also missed "the elusive Egg" saying hello! :shock:

Really nice to (finally!) meet Little Dickie, Lofty, Noblebones, Jan H and their lovely partners, and sooty for having to shoot off after the gig, but really looking forward to meeting up at Holmfirth, where I been told that meeting some of the other people on here will be a right laugh! :D

Can't wait! ..>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 am 
Newcomer

Anyone know if it'll be released on CD of through iTunes. I was privillaged to be there on the night and want to re live it time after time, from start to finish it was beautiful.

Sorry for rubbing it into those who couldn't make it.

But it was magical.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:00 pm 
Newcomer

Sublime. I think thats the only word for it. I too would like a copy to relive it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:03 pm 
The Boss

There aren't any plans to release it as yet,I was floating all Sunday I had to go to the pub with Joe Duddell for several million pints thanks everyone who came along

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:21 pm 
I need a life

efsb wrote:
Setlist (According to what I scribbled down off iPlayer)

First half
1. Open up your door
2. Remorse Code
3. I sleep alone
4. Coles Corner
5. Run for me
6. For your Lover give some time
7. There's a storm a coming

Second Half
1. She brings the sunlight
2. Standing at the sky's edge
3. Big Sister
4. Don't stare at the sun
5. Soldier On
6. Leave your body behind you
7. The Ocean

my God....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

For those who just want to hear Richard's part of the show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/showcase/cli ... /justadded

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 pm 
Newcomer

What an absloutely fantastic concert - simply stunning.

Big Sister very easy on the ear after only one listen - sounds like another Hawley classic.

Would fully endorse all the other comments made about releasing a CD or the Concert on Itunes - we have only got 6 days left to listen on I Player!

Congratulations and thanks to Richard & Band, Joe Duddell,BBC Orchestra & 6 music for organising.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 pm 
Newcomer

Can only echo what others have said. It was a sublime night, and to be in the room to witness it was truly special. The arrangements were fantastic, always complimentary and enhancing and never obtrusive! The sound in the room was great but the recording sounds (if possible) even better, so hats off to the mixing desk and to Gordon the guitar tech, working tirelessly as ever and crouching down with Richard's guitar for what looked like an achingly long time, legend!

I too would love a release and would purchase without a doubt - it would be an awful shame to have this great recording disappear when it goes off the Iplayer... it would make for a great first live Hawley record ;) Would set the bench unbeatably high!

Can only say a resounding thank you to Richard, Joe & the Philharmonic, 6, and everyone involved. Thanks for an unforgettable evening!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 pm 
Newcomer

For your listening pleasure...
http://www.mediafire.com/?z144bjpbkvk53

I recorded this off of iPlayer after the event so I'm guessing that the stream was 128kbps or something. These MP3s are 320kbps as I've wanted to try and save as much of the quality as possible without making them FLAC (which I'm not going to, btw).

There's (crude) artwork and all the ID tags. I've tried to remove all the 'BBC 6 Music' DJ talk, but missed one or two of them.

If you're interested, I edited this with Logic and have mastered it slightly, mostly to boost sound without using much compression.

If this is highly illegal, sorry! Feel free to take it down... SO GET IN THERE FAST!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next