Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:26 pm 
Regular

Wow, what an amazing concert!!! I've just finished listening on the BBC player... What an experience for Richard and the band and all the lucky crowd there! Congrats to all! It's just great for us to have been able to listening to it at home too... I also agree that a release of the concert would be pure dead brilliant!!!! ;o)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:20 pm 
Regular

Listened to it on i-player last night.

So good I can't begin to describe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:35 pm 
Regular

Outstanding...You gotta release this....please please please :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

Red button tonight XX And Richard Hawley Philharmonic - XX are on at the moment.

Press red to watch the xx and Richard Hawley make music with the BBC Philharmonic.

Mercury Prize winners, the xx, play orchestral arrangements of songs from their first two albums; and guitarist Hawley performs with an orchestra for the first time.

Available on all platforms

Freesat/Sky/Virgin Media:
Wed 19th September, 7:00pm-9:00pm
Thu 20th September, 12:00am - Fri 21st September, 6:00am
Fri 21st September, 6:00am-1:55pm, 4:35pm-6:00am
Sat 22nd September, 6:00am-11:40am, 3:00pm-12:00am

Freeview:
Thu 20th September, 3:20am-1:55pm, 6:10pm-6:00am
Fri 21st September, 6:00am-10:45am
Sat 22nd September, 12:10am-9:50am, 9:20pm-12:00am

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Dawoodcock wrote:
Red button tonight XX And Richard Hawley Philharmonic - XX are on at the moment.

Press red to watch the xx and Richard Hawley make music with the BBC Philharmonic.

Mercury Prize winners, the xx, play orchestral arrangements of songs from their first two albums; and guitarist Hawley performs with an orchestra for the first time.

Available on all platforms

Freesat/Sky/Virgin Media:
Thu 20th September, 12:00am - Fri 21st September, 6:00am
Fri 21st September, 6:00am-1:55pm, 4:35pm-6:00am
Sat 22nd September, 6:00am-11:40am, 3:00pm-12:00am

Freeview:
Thu 20th September, 3:20am-1:55pm, 6:10pm-6:00am
Fri 21st September, 6:00am-10:45am
Sat 22nd September, 12:10am-9:50am, 9:20pm-12:00am

It just seems to be the XX on a constant loop :(

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:36 pm 
Regular poster

Had it on all day and as Dave says, it's just the xx on a constant loop. Has anyone actually seen the Magna performance on the red button yet?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Nope, and my EPG just shows XX for each slot.

The information button for the programme does say Hawley is featured, as does the Red Button blog.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:09 am 
Too much time on my hands

I've not been able to listen yet and I think it's gone from the iPlayer or "not in my region" but can't wait to listen still.

I will gladly buy iTunes, CD, DVD anything should it be released. I know these things are complicated, but here's another request.

(Poppydog, I've had 2 diabetic cats and missed more than a few things for their care, so I really understand turning around and going home, big hugs to you.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:17 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Can't seem to find it at on the Red Button. :eh?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:46 am 
Site Admin

I recorded most of the sessions and all were the same XX gig on constant loop - 10 hours of it this morning. They gave the XX gig so much time surely they could have also played some of the recording from Richard's gig, why advertise you are playing Hawley if you are not?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 pm 
Regular poster

nicklaw wrote:
For your listening pleasure...
http://www.mediafire.com/?z144bjpbkvk53

I recorded this off of iPlayer after the event so I'm guessing that the stream was 128kbps or something. These MP3s are 320kbps as I've wanted to try and save as much of the quality as possible without making them FLAC (which I'm not going to, btw).

There's (crude) artwork and all the ID tags. I've tried to remove all the 'BBC 6 Music' DJ talk, but missed one or two of them.

If you're interested, I edited this with Logic and have mastered it slightly, mostly to boost sound without using much compression.

If this is highly illegal, sorry! Feel free to take it down... SO GET IN THERE FAST!!!

Thanks, much appeciated ..>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:23 pm 
Regular poster

Dawoodcock wrote:
I recorded most of the sessions and all were the same XX gig on constant loop - 10 hours of it this morning. They gave the XX gig so much time surely they could have also played some of the recording from Richard's gig, why advertise you are playing Hawley if you are not?

OK, I made an 'enquiry' to the BBC rather than a 'complaint' asking why they were advertising the XX and RH on the red button but just showing the XX on a constant loop. Here is their response....

Thank you for contacting us regarding BBC Red Button.
The xx and Richard Hawley programme with the BBC Philharmonic was featured on Red Button on 22 September at the following times:

6:00am-11:40am, 3:00pm-12:00am, 9:00pm-12:00am

This piece featured Mercury Prize winners, the xx, play orchestral arrangements of songs from their first two albums; and guitarist Hawley performs with an orchestra for the first time. The programme was made available on all platforms (Freesat/Sky/Virgin Media).

Thank you once again for your enquiry.

Kind Regards
Robin MacDonald
BBC Audience Services

Luckily I work from home so had the red button on for the vast majority of the times advertised and only saw the XX. Saturday 22nd was matchday at Hillsborough so I didn't get chance to check it. The response seems to say that RH was shown on this day so I'd like to be sure that it wasn't before I go back to them with all guns firing :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

Nope, I recorded the first two of those transmissions and they were yet again XX, XX, XX, XX, XX and XX.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:30 am 
Too much time on my hands

Bliss! Unless it's highly illegal to say...thank you so, so much so I could hear this.

~ K

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

nicklaw wrote:
For your listening pleasure...
http://www.mediafire.com/?z144bjpbkvk53

I recorded this off of iPlayer after the event so I'm guessing that the stream was 128kbps or something. These MP3s are 320kbps as I've wanted to try and save as much of the quality as possible without making them FLAC (which I'm not going to, btw).

There's (crude) artwork and all the ID tags. I've tried to remove all the 'BBC 6 Music' DJ talk, but missed one or two of them.

If you're interested, I edited this with Logic and have mastered it slightly, mostly to boost sound without using much compression.

If this is highly illegal, sorry! Feel free to take it down... SO GET IN THERE FAST!!!

Thank you so much Nick! I was on holiday in Ibiza when it was broadcast and really wanted a listen. The orchestral sound really compliments Richard's music - adds a whole new dimension. (Elbow's Seldom Seen Kid performed with the BBC concert orchestra is also one of my favourite ever albums). I downloaded your files to my phone last night and am listening on my phone at the moment... Great sound! Love it! Thank you - you're a star! :Hoorah :Hoorah :Hoorah

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next