Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bordeaux
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:41 am 
Hawleytastic!

Love Bordeaux so much. Wish I was coming to this. Make sure you visit the biggest sand dune in the world! 20 mins drive outside the city. And eat seafood in a cafe on the beach. X

Post subject: Re: Bordeaux
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:04 am 
Hawleytastic!

H, do you ever get to see an area when you play there, apart from the car park I mean.

Am so sorely tempted with this one! Not because of the venue's terrible name (sounds like a dodgy Essex nightclub) or the fact that it looks a bit like a Soviet supermarket, both of which appeal to me, but because I love the area. Wish it was the beginning of the half term weekend because it would give me an excuse to have a holiday when I can't afford it really.

Bands on the week before include the fably named Shaka Ponk, which is sold out, unlike Le grande Rock Legend Richard Hawley!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:26 pm 
Regular

I'm absolutely happy to have left Toulouse to spend the week-end in rainy Bordeaux (it seems strange but I had never visited the city, only 2:15 hours by rain from here).
I was the 3rd (and sadly last) time I saw Richard Hawley this year and this was probably the best conditions. The sound was very good, the venue is great and not too small or too big and Richard and the band were very good, as usual, maybe a bit more relaxed and laughing than in festival. The audience wasn't talking and that's a good point!

Definitely, Standing at the sky's edge in a wonderful album for the live, I don't know if there is an idea to release a live album of it, but that'd be bright.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:25 am 
Hawleytastic!

Jealous. x