Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Australian Gigs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Such great news for Australian Hawley fans, and he's bound to attract even more supporters whilst he's there. We are relying on all you Hawleyboarders in Oz to provide us with reviews, photos and general news about his gigs there!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:41 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Be interesting to see what H's banter will be in Oz 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Some derogatory remarks about New Zealand (in the vein of Sheffield v Rotherham) will probably make the Australian audiences want to draw Richard into their bosom.

Bosom. There's a word you don't hear much these days.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:55 pm 
Hawleytastic!

"What you clappin' for I might be shit..." will go down well with most folks I reckon ..>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:15 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Saw Bill Bailey here last month - most of the comedy transferred - even the bit about deliquent badgers - although the big church organ version of the match of the day theme didn't go down so well. :*:
On the plus side - just had my leave request approved for the last week in Jan! :Hoorah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:18 am 
Newcomer

Pre sale tickets went on sale a few minutes ago and I just got mine for Melbourne :D
I still can't quite believe RH will actually be touring here - very exciting!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

kaz wrote:
Pre sale tickets went on sale a few minutes ago and I just got mine for Melbourne :D
I still can't quite believe RH will actually be touring here - very exciting!

:o
Blimey - that set the cat amongst the the pigeons...
Didn't know there was pre-sale!
:shock:
So - committed now - have tickets for all three.
Need to leave my credit card alone now for several weeks and have a lie down.
And then pluck up courage to tell my husband... :wink:

Last edited by Caroline 72 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:26 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

:Hoorah :D :Hoorah :D :Hoorah :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:44 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

So - I try to calm down and get back to work, put the radio back on in my ears, and out comes the live, slowed down version of 'leave your body behind you'....

(*)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:18 am 
Newcomer

Well, my excitement at RH touring has been tempered (actually I'm devastated) by the fact that I won't be in Brisbane on January 26 due to the fact that I'm celebrating my wedding anniversary on the NSW central coast. So, now I'm working out the logistics of perhaps flying to Melbourne instead even though I'm supposed to be starting work that day (being a teacher means that I can't really change my starting date). Adelaide and Perth won't work and I'm still awaiting confirmation of the Sydney date in case that's doable. Yeah, I'm not happy but there's more to life than music, right... :?

I don't want to tell the promoters or RH how to run their show but I'm thinking that a gig in Sydney on Thu 25 January would give you a lovely two day break before you hit Brisbane :D.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:50 am 
Hawleytastic!

Egg wrote:
Be interesting to see what H's banter will be in Oz 8)

Don't make the same mistake as my friend. When meeting the fiance of his best friend, a very beautiful Australian lady, thought he might break the ice with a joke:
Q: What's the difference between Australia and a pot of yoghurt?
A: A pot of yoghurt has more culture.
He thought she might think it funny and a bit cheeky, it bit out there northern humour. Needless to say, it didn't really go like that...

And Caroline, husbands are over-rated generally, as is the whole concept of the truth. My other half (not a husband but qualifies in that category) thinks Richard is awful, hormonal music for menopausal women, and has no interest whatsoever in coming with me to any gig. In fact, the first H gig I ever went to, he totally ruined with his huffing.

So I go with like minded, interesting people and leave him with his Suduko or whatever men do in the evening when they're on their own. These events come in the "I Will Do What I Please, Thanks For Asking" category of my life, along with campervaning, yoga, gin, lefty politics, spinach and Tottenham Hotspur.

And if that fails, just don't tell the truth on how much it cost and how many tickets you've got. One man's truth is another woman's lie, or vice versa, subjective interpretations on the journey of life, best used sparingly. Enjoy honey! x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:30 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Oh absolutely do not tell the truth. I love shoes and buy too many pairs. My husband does not understand why one person needs more than two pairs of shoes - one for smart occasions the other for everyday. Whenever I buy a new pair I don't tell him but if he comments on my shoes with something along the lines of 'are those new - I haven't seen those before' my response is always 'of course not. I've had them ages. You just don't notice what I wear'. End of conversation. Would telling him the price of the tickets make him happy? No. Would you give them up now you've bought them? No. If he is going with you you could always give them to him as a present for Christmas. It would be so ungrateful to moan about the price......

I am chuffed to bits you are getting to see RH Caroline. You have seemed so homesick at times so you deserve a treat. Good on you girl!

Post subject: HELLO FROM SUNNY PERTH
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:30 am 
Newcomer

WOW! I never thought THIS would happen, PERTH - my goodness. I have every CD, and LP record
Thankyou for signing MY SPECIAL BIRTHDAY photograph, a print bought by my
daughter Kellie HOUSE OF CARDS, from Chris Saunders - PERTH WILL BE 'HOT'
any meeting and signing after? (maybe little photograph) :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Thank you for your good wishes and wise words Helen and Lou!! To be fair, husband has actually been v good about the Hawley road trip - mostly because he feels guilty about how homesick I have been over the passed 12 months I think, and is pleased to see me excited about something! Never ever thought he would actually agree to coming with me - but he has said that he will and has booked the week off work too. (Although I don't doubt some work-type emergency will shove a spanner in our plans - usually does - but if it does, so be it - I will happily go alone or entertain myself while he communes with his laptop).

Having said all that, we haven't had the conversation about cost and I think you are right - leaving it alone is best. I'm usually the one that frets about money anyway so he probably won't even ask! He has his head in the clouds thinking about science most of the time he's awake. Which does mean I can sneek new shoes in the house and he doesn't notice at all!! :D

Hang on - who am I trying to kid? 'Sneek new shoes in the house?' - I have been quite blatant about it before and he still hasn't noticed!! :*:

Hope you manage to sort your logistics Fairdes and that the Sydney date works for you!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 am 
I need a life

http://www.sydneyfestival.org.au/2013/Music/Richard-Hawley-Paradiso-at-Town-Hall/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next