Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 am 
Newcomer

This was a great great gig yesterday night in Clermont Ferrand.
And to be honest one of my best gigs ever.
The band was in great shape and mood, Richard claiming to be relaxed since "he had a day off and got a massage!"

Setlist was the usual one

Standing at the sky´s edge
Don´t stare at he sun
Hotel Room
Tonight the streets are ours
Seek it
Soldier on
Leave your body behind
Open up your door
Remorse code
Time will bring you winter
Down to the woods

Lady solitude
The ocean

The audience was great : very respectful of the quiet moments (no chatter during the songs) and yet very enthusiastic. I think the band had a great time with the audience. Shez was smiling all the time...
Richard was really posessed by the music. What I really enjoyed is how some of the songs were extended with a lot of impro... I wished some of the songs never to end.
My highlights : don t stare, remorse code, time / woods, the ocean but I could have quoted most of the setlist.

I think the mix of the new songs and old songs made a perfect balance, even better I think than during thr 2009/10 tour.

I was amazed of how many guitars were on stage. Richard had a different guitar for each of the 6 first songs.
When the crew was packing up after the show, I had the opportunity to take a close look at the guitars... Nice time for a guitar lover like me... And believe me the crew is taking extreme care of them!

And I loved the instrument cases, with Richard painted face on it. Very nice and some unusual pictures (poor quality unfortunately) I will share with you soon.

And nice talking a few minutes with Shez after the show.

The day after, the local paper was extatic regarding the show : "one of the best shows of the year", "simply thank you Richard" for the ones I remember.

Again amazing job guys and thanks to Richard and the boys for this wondeful evening.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:35 am 
Newcomer

And here are the pictures !