Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:16 am 
The Boss

So.....that's it for another tour,got back home yesterday totally brain dead but thought I would just say thanks so much all the folks who made the effort to come to the gigs it means the world to us,the travelling was brutal and those tour buses get harder to be on as I get older its like trying to sleep on a waltzer but the gigs were ace thanks again folks ..>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 am 
Hawleytastic!

Respect to thee - I does my head in turning the clocks back an hour - would never make it as a tour manager ..>

So about Chrimbo? :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:59 am 
Hawleytastic!

Thank you Richard x :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 am 
Hawleytastic!

Yes, the thanks have to go to you and the band for fantastic gigs and the fact that you take the
time to say "Thank You" on here as well as the gigs themselves.......well I for one doff my cap sir. ..>

So....as PD said....Christmas?

Being really selfish :oops: :oops: :oops: , if there is a :santa: gig, can you make it after 12th December! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:08 am 
Hawleytastic!

How about a stopover in the Middle East after the Oz gigs?
Have a good rest with the family.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:55 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Thanks to you and the guys, Richard :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:03 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

It's you who must be thanked for giving us such great gigs. Now, have a rest after so much jolting all over the place in a coach, get your strength back, revive whatever is left from your brain, and come back to Spain as soon as possible! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:52 pm 
Newcomer

Thanks to you for the magic, boss. Enjoy your well deserved rest... and this!

Quote:
and come back to Spain as soon as possible!

..>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Many thanks to you and the band - what a tour! Saw 4 brilliant gigs - well done to you all. It must be gruelling on those buses and being away from the family can't be much fun...anyway you can have a little rest now...all refreshed for 'Little Noises' - looking forward to that too!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:10 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Thank you, Richard and the band & crew, you put on a fantastic show for us every time ..> Hope the trees got back unscathed & you got the deposit back :wink: :*:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:40 pm 
Newcomer

Mr Hawley,

I registered to this forum only to thank you! I'm not a forum guy so I know I won't post much if at all but I discovered your music in April this year. Saw a picture of you in a magazine advertising a gig of yours. It said something like "don't miss this... the ever-excellent Richard Hawley", plus I liked what I saw, the rockabilly look complete with a beautiful Gretsch... I immediately thought I should check you out and boy, am I happy I did!
Fast forward a few months, I bought all your records (no downloads! The real stuff :wink: ) and went to your gig at the Ancienne Belgique in my hometown (Brussels).

It was absolutely beautiful! As are all your records, there is not one song I dislike. My wife loved the gig too and can't have enough of the records either.

So, thank you so much for your music but also your personality, being so down to earth and not an ego-tripping diva like so many others. The music industry (let alone the world) needs more people like you.

*fanboy-talk over*

Cheers!
David

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 pm 
Too much time on my hands

talldave wrote:
Mr Hawley,

I registered to this forum only to thank you! I'm not a forum guy so I know I won't post much if at all but I discovered your music in April this year. Saw a picture of you in a magazine advertising a gig of yours. It said something like "don't miss this... the ever-excellent Richard Hawley", plus I liked what I saw, the rockabilly look complete with a beautiful Gretsch... I immediately thought I should check you out and boy, am I happy I did!
Fast forward a few months, I bought all your records (no downloads! The real stuff :wink: ) and went to your gig at the Ancienne Belgique in my hometown (Brussels).

It was absolutely beautiful! As are all your records, there is not one song I dislike. My wife loved the gig too and can't have enough of the records either.

So, thank you so much for your music but also your personality, being so down to earth and not an ego-tripping diva like so many others. The music industry (let alone the world) needs more people like you.

*fanboy-talk over*

Cheers!
David

hear hear, well said that man!